Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.72 - 1530votes)

Mahou Tsukai no Yome

Alt Names: alt Ang Asawa ng Magoalt เจ้าสาวผมแดงกับจอมเวทอสูรalt Cô Dâu Pháp Sưalt Die Braut des Magiersalt 魔法使いの嫁alt 魔法使之嫁alt 魔法使的新娘alt Kadim Magus'un Gelinialt La Femme du Magealt La Prometida del Magoalt La sposa dello stregonealt Mahoutsukai no Yomealt Oblubienica czarnoksiężnikaalt The Ancient Magus' Bridealt The Magician's Bridealt Velhon morsianalt Невеста чародеяalt כלת המגוס העתיקalt عروس السّاحر
Author: Yamazaki Kore
Artist: Yamazaki Kore
Genres: Adventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Hatori Chise is only 16, but she has lost far more than most. With neither family nor hope, it seems all doors are closed to her. But a chance encounter begins to turn the rusted wheels of fate. In her darkest hour, a mysterious magus appears before Chise, offering a chance she couldn't turn down. This magus who seems closer to demon than human, will he bring her the light she desperately seeks, or drown her in ever deeper shadows?
Nominated for the 8th Manga Taisho Award.
Go to Mahou Tsukai no Yome Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Up-To-Date Theories! Seeing Things With a New Set of Eyes New Window Lilienne Lethe
  • 0 Replies
Topic Chise's Eye Color New Window koreofpacks
  • 7 Replies
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window Comadrin
  • 1 Replies
Topic OVAs by Studio Wit New Window 8lacKy
  • 8 Replies
Topic Chapter 27 New Window Yung_Zefling
  • 2 Replies

1286 Comments

Dem faeries

I hope their world will be more explored later on. Honestly one of the best part in this manga is its captivating settings.

Im guessing not. The fairy world especially the one that has Titianna in it traditionally is one that isnt very well fleshed out since its like Chaos in Warhammer 40k. To them it makes sense but for humans to go into a world such as that would invite madness as what we deem logical is not in any way and only insanity can prevail. 

The author might show hallucinations and whatnot but if this manga is going down the route i think it is, it likely will not show the fairy or faerie world in detail, only snippets of conversation and whatnot.

I am in love with every character in this manga.

Except Spriggan. He's grumpy and small.

Thank you for the update! I love this manga <3

Elias is surprisingly oblivious.

Thank you very much for the new chapter, Sense-scans!

This is one of the few mangas where I can just stare at one panel for 5 minutes because it's so beautifully drawn. I mean the first panel on page 25..

Spoiler

..is just a goddamn masterpiece!

Dem faeries

I hope their world will be more explored later on. Honestly one of the best part in this manga is its captivating settings.

Haven't seen that "your/you're" mistake for a long time till now.

When the Magician of the Flow mention "sister" in page 11, who did he mean by that ?

Just quoting lol>>>It's not a mistake

btw by "sister" he's referring to mina~

I've read Durara, the guy is clearly a dullahan no? We haven't seen his head, he's a creature of the shadows, and their in England.  Not to mention the fact that he is neither human, ghost or fantastic being.  All signs point to Dullahan

I'm quite enjoying this. Artwork is beautiful, story is neat. :)

Read it and I have to say I don't find it to be as amazing as people are saying, sure it's interesting, but it's not hooking me like other series I've read. The artwork is nice, but the jargon is a little too complex to follow with and fully understand. That and chise and ellias' characters are still too hollow to get attached to, there's almost no background on either of them and their expressions most times are emotionless. We'll see where it goes though

Oh, and I think there's a 100% chance his plan to help her involves sacrificing his life without telling her.
Wow... Great stuff, also has a xxxHOLiC feel to it.

This is one of the best manga I've ever read. It captivates me like nothing since I read Berserk many, many years ago. I can't think of a higher compliment to pay it. 

Ohh I guess we have an idea of what his experiment with her might be.

wait? she is going to die? but from what?!

Ellias seems like a good guy but I'm not sold on it, he has a shitton of secrets hes hiding.

Mmm, no doubt.  But nonetheless, cattle skulls have a particular distinctive look, and that is the look they have--the shape, the way the eyes are set, the hole at the nose end.  Think desert Westerns.  If it looks like some depictions of the devil it is because those depictions of the devil show the devil with a cattle skull.  They do look pretty freaky and devilish.

Well yeah, I was just going from the actual meaning of the symbol, that's a goat skull in fact, it's probably the main satanic symbol around, since the devil is also commonly represented as a satyr (half goat half human).

This manga is so incredibly good.

Mmm, no doubt.  But nonetheless, cattle skulls have a particular distinctive look, and that is the look they have--the shape, the way the eyes are set, the hole at the nose end.  Think desert Westerns.  If it looks like some depictions of the devil it is because those depictions of the devil show the devil with a cattle skull.  They do look pretty freaky and devilish.

evilnemesis--I'm sure he could look like a lizard if he wanted; he can look like a human when he wants.  And yeah, we don't even know whether his typical appearance represents anything "real" or is just a choice.  But the version of him we normally get definitely involves a bovine skull of some sort.

All this is true. But it is also true that he made me think of a lizard. The reasoning really isn't there but for some reason I just named him the lizard dude. It's really scientific (not really).

Haven't seen that "your/you're" mistake for a long time till now.

When the Magician of the Flow mention "sister" in page 11, who did he mean by that ?

Actually he looks a lot like some depictions of the devil I've seen, I think that's what the author was aiming for, considering he's been called "thorn", "shoadow" and "evil magician".

evilnemesis--I'm sure he could look like a lizard if he wanted; he can look like a human when he wants.  And yeah, we don't even know whether his typical appearance represents anything "real" or is just a choice.  But the version of him we normally get definitely involves a bovine skull of some sort.

Lizard dude?  You mean the male lead?  He's not a lizard dude.  He has the skull of some kind of cattle for a head.

Actually he looks a lot like some depictions of the devil I've seen, I think that's what the author was aiming for, considering he's been called "thorn", "shoadow" and "evil magician".

Lizard dude?  You mean the male lead?  He's not a lizard dude.  He has the skull of some kind of cattle for a head.

Well he could turn into a lizardhead if he wants. He's a spirit, a shadow, he probably can take many form. It would be interesting to see why he likes that particular head of his.

God this is so good.  Every chapter is so superbly done.

There are typical mangas I read to fill the time and to tickle my need for certain literary cliches.  And then there are mangas like this; mangas that surprise you and make you realize that each new chapter just makes the manga that much better.

This is one of the latter.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics