Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.63 - 404votes)

It's Not My Fault That I'm Not Popular!

Alt Names: alt 私がモテないのはどう考えてもお前らが悪い!alt It's Not My Fault That I'm Not Popular!alt WataMote
Author: Tanigawa Nico
Artist: Tanigawa Nico
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Kuroki Tomoko is a super popular, high school girl, who has had 50 years of dating experience, and 100 boys... in the Otome game world. In the real world, she is a 15 year old shut in, who has all of the qualities of a "mojo."

However, when school isn't going as she expected, and she isn't as popular as she had thought she was, she takes a look at herself in the mirror for the first time in a few years, and has some shocking revelations...

Spin-offs:

> It's Not My Fault That My Friend's Not Popular.
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/its-not-my-fault-that-my-friends-not-popular-r8377 )

> Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaete mo Omaera ga Warui! Anthology
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/watashi-ga-motenai-no-wa-dou-kangaete-mo-omaera-ga-warui-anthology-r10477 )
Go to It's Not My Fault That I'm Not Popular! Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Would you date the MC? New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 8 Replies
Topic Ucchi(Emoji-Girl) is getting way out of hand New Window TheEmojiFaceUcchi
  • 3 Replies
Topic Thus, I reviewed It's Not My Fault That I'm Not Popular! New Window Swifft
  • 2 Replies
Topic Kuroki's lesbian harem New Window fekalist
  • 12 Replies
Topic Watamote favorite girls New Window Roxis
  • 6 Replies
Topic who's more of a creep(yandere) the Emoji-Girl or Tomoko's cousin? New Window AndreaSuprema
  • 1 Replies

2046 Comments

Oh god, if you put Ki-chan in the middle of that group s#it will get real...

You mean Ki-chan?

If I have to pick a song that represents this series, it would be this one

JCqeIn1.png

Human at sight, monster at heart,
Don't let it inside, it could tear you right apart.

Tomo's harem is getting out of control, add one more to it and it can explode!

You mean Ki-chan?

Tomo's harem is getting out of control, add one more to it and it can explode!

I’m going to cry if it’s revealed Ucchi actually likes a guy and this was all a big misunderstanding.

Does USJ have attractions that bully the audience?

Spoiler

Too precious for this earth.

I think Uchi just died off screen after Tomoko called her (and Hina) cute.

I love this chapter. This cast has gotten so good. Also, it was pretty obvious before, but now it's pretty much confirmed Emiri Uchi (Emoji-san) is in love with Tomoko.

would anybody find it hilarious if it turns out Tomoko is actually a good enough singer?

I was thinking that that might be true of Yuri Tamura, actually, given how she's nearly always listening to music when Tomoko, Yoshida, and Mako are not around. She seems like the type who might secretly like singing, but is too embarrassed to admit to it publicly, when people might then demand to hear her and judge her harshly. Part of me wonders if Nico Tanigawa might have something like that in the works for the third year Christmas party (whenever they get around to writing that), if Yuu decides to invite Yuri and Mako (and perhaps Kotomi's friend Ito) to join them.

although not likely gonna happen later on in the future, would anybody find it hilarious if it turns out Tomoko is actually a good enough singer? basically just good enough to surprise her classmates/friends 

New chapter’s out!! This is gonna make me laugh...a lot,also finally we will get to know what happened to certain character!
The way Tomoko is somewhat distant on her "frienships" is hurting the others a bit without her noticing.
For them is like Tomoko doesn't care about them.
This distance that Tomoko keeps is comfortable for her but the other "normal" people expects more.

Can someone explain to me why Nemoto got mad when Kuro called her 'Nemo'? Is it rude or something?

Nemo got mad for the opposite reason, she wants to be reffered in a more personal way (like Yuri).

Can someone explain to me why Nemoto got mad when Kuro called her 'Nemo'? Is it rude or something?

Well, the short answer is that no one really knows what is up with Nemoto's behavior, certainly not in the English-speaking part of the fandom anyway. But part of it may have to do with the formality with which Japanese speakers treat the whole issue of naming and nicknames. Being referred to by a nickname indicates a certain presumption of intimacy on the part of the speaker, which both surprised Nemoto and annoyed her when Tomoko tried to hide that she thought that way. (Of course, what she doesn't realize is that that's largely a relic of how Tomoko felt about her first acquaintance in her second year, and doesn't really reflect her comfort level about their more ambivalent current relationship, justifying her unease with Nemoto's subsequent demands.)

On top of that, it may have to do with the fact that the nickname reveals that Tomoko only remembered her by association with the forgettable mass-produced mobile suit in Gundam, though whether that's a positive or a negative in Nemoto's eyes is anyone's guess. It might also be that Nemo is seizing upon the notion that Tomoko's mental nickname for her means that she remembers her from the entrance exam (when she was only able to get out the first two syllables) and not just from others speaking about her in class (as then it'd be "Nemoto"). This would be a very big deal to Nemoto, as she's rather insecure about her lack of social presence back then, and worries that she's only achieved recognition until now because she put on a false mask in order to be noticed. So she's probably not entirely angry about Tomoko calling her Nemo rather than Nemoto; it's just that she is rather forceful about insisting on this point, as she wants them to be fully honest with each other and accept each other for who they are, while Tomoko is inclined to hesitate.

Can someone explain to me why Nemoto got mad when Kuro called her 'Nemo'? Is it rude or something?

am very strongly hoping that they'll do a callback to chapter 79, basically she checks out the arcade if her score ranking from middle school is still there

Nico Tanigawa notice all the attention and passion for Watamote lately.

They send us their thanks.

LVjsybi.jpg

yuri queen appear out of nowhere...

seems like those years of playing otome game finally pays off.

Joking aside, Yuri kinda has a reason to be angry. She has known Tomoko for a fair amount of time, and she genuinely seems to see Tomoko as a dear friend. And after all this time they still use Tamura-san and Kuroki-san, while Nemo comes along, pushes herself in the group and Tomoko and her are using nicknames just like that.

Also keep in mind that prior to this Yuri didn't have much in way of friends outside of Mako. Tomoko and Yoshida were basically her first friends aside from Mako, so she obviously has a strong attachment to Tomoko.

Actually, it's worse than that. I recall Tomoko mentioning in Chapter 124 that she always calls Yuri you. Forget calling her by her first name, she doesn't even bother calling her by her last name. It's really no surprised that Yuri would be pissed.

is there a serious analysis of all the characters and their interactions, developments, and their significance or something like that written anywhere?

Strange, these gals hanging out together in previous chapter still make me view them as friend, but now, seeing their interaction and status quo in this chapter, suddenly they look like a big "romcom" family to me, like, we have:

• Yoshida as Father
  • Mako as Mother
  • Ucchi as Younger sister (who's also a siscon)
  • Yuri as Childhood friend
  • Tomoko as Our MC
  • Nemo as MC's lover

Yeah, it seems pretty likely Yuri is among the most prominent of the people Tomoko will have to "give back to"

Would be funny if Tomoko just gives Yuri her brother instead.

Of course this will not happen, but even so, is to be expected that at some point Yuri will flip out. It seems that the person that Tomoko will have to "help" in her last year is Yuri. I can't wait to see how Tomoko will handle that.
Yeah, it seems pretty likely Yuri is among the most prominent of the people Tomoko will have to "give back to" before she graduates. Retroactively, her presence in the shot when Tomoko breaks into tears over this (and not allergies, as Yuri correctly senses) seems like it was meant to foreshadow their being key to one another's social maturation (especially after the recent Valentine Arc). And Yuri will probably flip out sooner rather than later, if the end of this latest chapter is any indicator; Tomoko seems to followed after her because she picked up on the fact that *something* was wrong with her, so things might come to a head in the next (non-holiday special) chapter. Although we can't really be certain how well she will be able to handle it; Yuri and Tomoko seem to have a fairly good understanding of one another, but Yuri's also never been so hostile towards her before...

Of course this will not happen, but even so, is to be expected that at some point Yuri will flip out.

It seems that the person that Tomoko will have to "help" in her last year is Yuri. I can't wait to see how Tomoko will handle that.

better prepare nice boat for "nice boat" ending ... =3= ...

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics