Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.39 - 387votes)

Kurogane (IKEZAWA Haruto)

Alt Names:
Author: Ikezawa Haruto
Artist: Ikezawa Haruto
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyMartial Arts Martial ArtsRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSports SportsSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Kurogane Hiroto is in high school, where he is academically the top of his class but literally the worst in physical activity. Born with a weak body, he has no endurance, speed nor strength and Hiroto wants nothing more than to be a hero. Fate teases him by giving him phenomenal eye sight, which allows him to see well beyond anyone else in sports, but his body is not able to react to any of it.

He learns from his friend Shiratori, who wants to recruit him for the Kendo team, about a rumor about a ghost named Tojo Sayuri, who wields a katana and haunts an alley in the city. Half curious, Hiroto goes there only to find that the ghost is real and that Tojo Sayuri has been looking for a successor to her Sakura sword style for 150 years. Sayuri chooses him as the successor after being able to dodge her attack and forces him to learn the Sakura style. Even with the help of the ancient swordsman ghost, Hiroto has to overcome his poor motor skills in order to be the hero he always wanted to be.
Go to Kurogane (IKEZAWA Haruto) Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Cancelled New Window eduard34
  • 29 Replies
Topic This series and Kendo New Window ValorantX
  • 33 Replies
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window malgod
  • 84 Replies
Topic A Tragedy New Window Cassanova
  • 15 Replies
Topic Hazakura Shido New Window lethryx
  • 0 Replies
Topic What do you think so far? New Window ValorantX
  • 17 Replies

602 Comments

Sentence of the week: It's pitiful being flattered by an idiot.
@Soranokira

Thanks for your continuous support for CWL and for Kurogane. Actually, we have only changed one word (which happens to be a typo error) :)

I agree that Kurogane has improved tremendously. Somehow, it feels like he's being underdeveloped though... let's hope that the author will shift the focus back to him soon.
a single win? enjoying?, its not like he came back after winning the tournament got conceited, dismissed sakura's training, and started saying with his eyes he can do whatever he want now
I wish I can edit my comment but I can't.
CWL changed their release a little.
Spoiler
@Irecinius:
Spoiler

I personally only read clockwork lies's release for this, they've been working on it since the beginning and, not to bring in drama but, I saw no reason for Pinoy to jump in. Also, I assume that the tl-er for Kurogane from Clockwork Lies didn't change so...consistent style of translating, normally.
and, the one who has the most potential right now appears to be kurogane! too bad he needs a lot more polishing. Wonder when we'll see more sword techniques other than Samidare.
Didn't we just went thru the process of losing, and all that.. like 5 chapters ago?!
Why would the ghost of a (fictional) sword style want it to continue on where sword play is a sport? Nice manga over all by the way.
Shidou is so cool :DD
@acolyte Ty... mistyped there, no edit :)
@Thunder: Does look like some shonen-ai manga now..
Well what do ya know? Those gangsters got raped.
They changed the pict... I didn't recognize it on a first glance... and is it just me or does the new pict looks a bit... gay?
@Irecinius correction - skirt-chasing~
shirt-chasing.. can be interpreted in random ways
@Lowlightt You know that Kurogane wish entail? Being able to do it BY HIMSELF.. to win regards of the situation, being the "hero"

So no, they don't need more characters.. Not to mention we have 3 characters being simply cast to side, the 3 sempais on the kendo club..hell maybe even the president!
With anohana joining, one of them original is to be tossed aside, since its a sport with a limit of 5 people in the team... then another one join another one.. till all original team is gone..
So no I don't agree with him joining, not to mention for you so much on the sport spirit, should be ashamed to support someone that joined for a less then noble shirt-chasing cause!
@Irecinius Why add more characters? Because Kendo is a team sport in Japan. As with all sports mangas of any kind, natural or supernatural you have to have screen time for the other members of the club. It's not Kurogane gets stronger its the club gets stronger. That is the deciding factor in a sports manga.
They changed the picture, I didn't recognize it at first in my follow list.
He winning is something strange....
Somehow looks like what happens to the main characters most of the times.
Getting beaten by some weak rival, side-character or something, then getting serious about training and turning god like..
I don't think Kurogane needed any morale boost right now..
So making that guy lose on purpose was only to make himself into a new kendo member and a force to be reckon with... why? why add more characters?

Change in direction, actions mindset, super growth..
All that been happening just made me lose interest in the manga, and this is far too soon.
I'm glad this is popular. It is SO good!!
@Irecinius I think the mangaka prepared a good cannon fodder. A stuck up guy who need some correction therapy.
Next I wanna see Kurogane beating up those punks with his shinai.
Those gangsters are gonna get raped.
I think he won a little too easily that one.. for someone that always gave up, and was never bright to begin with...should have struggled a bit
@softpick
Spoiler
Spoiler

@soranokira: ohohoho of course >:D
@softpick: certainly, he'll show everyone that shiratori belongs to me <3 jk xD
Kurogane is going to own him with Samidare~!
YEAH! Show him who Shiratori belongs to!!! XDDD
omg i never knew shidou could be this funny xD

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics