Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.63 - 73votes)

Mix

Alt Names: alt ミックス
Author: Adachi Mitsuru
Artist: Adachi Mitsuru
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Adachi's second serialization in Gessan Shounen Sunday, follows the story of three siblings, students of Meisei Middle School. Takes place 26 years after Adachi's biggest title, Touch (http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/touch-r1281), and is supposedly a sequel.
Go to Mix Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window Comadrin
  • 59 Replies
Topic Touch References (spoilers) New Window bane_ecf
  • 3 Replies
Topic Is this going to be another "slow production" Adachi manga? New Window Comadrin
  • 3 Replies

305 Comments

Akai-otouto butthurt niisan never supports him. Once he finds something (baseball) he is serious in, Niisan will finally look at him. Mita-imouto is also becoming redeeming once she finally saw how much Niisan loves baseball. what a good manga to have the circle of baseball = love =w=

Sorry to say this but i think dumpster fire scans translation is better than rycola in chapter 44. It's only my opinion.

Holy shit good job and thanks Dumpster Fire Scans. Releasing so much so quickly I couldn't be happier :D. Do you have like a place where I can donate? I'd gladly do it for this kind of work and workpace.

Dumpster Fire Scans has done it again, with five chapters hitting us all at once.  As a scanlation team, they are the monsters!  Of course, the end of the five chapters has left us on top of a total plot climax without any denouement at all, but we can't have everything in life and will just have to wait until the next installment.  DFS, thanks for the great posting of a real favourite manga of mine.

Tachibana Touma (Pitcher) signals enemies are missing

Tachibana Touma (Pitcher) signals enemies are missing

Tachibana Touma (Pitcher): can't carry this

Tachibana Touma (Pitcher): team too heavy

Tachibana Touma (Pitcher): GG

Thank you so much for the update!!!! Great chapters!!!

Adachi and his Humour.

That Commentator getting proved wrong again and again.

Moms praising their kids.

Hahaha the mom battle! Fight!

A three chapter blast within a 12 hour period.  Dumpster Fire Scans rock!  

The touch coach and cross game coaches were teachers. H2 He only got the job because he unwittingly defended the principals school. The coaches in adachi comics aren't supposed to be really good...on the surface.

Do you mean teacher as in their profession or life. Cause we don't know if they're really teachers. And I absolutely know coaches don't mean much in Adachi manga. But this coach bothers me because he's actually making decisions that affects the team, arrogant and weak-minded. And I'm aware bad characters make good characters look better, so of course this coach is needed, alright? I'm not gonna defend my hate anymore XP I didn't expect me saying 3 words "coach sucks ballz" would become a debate ;;>A>

New comment: Akai-niisan is so cute. I thought he was gonna be a heartless evil bastard, but he has his own hero. And now he acknowledges Tou-chan, hehe.

But this dude isn't a teacher, he ran from debt. But don't quote me, I'm probably not completely accurate 'cause I haven't reread in a while.

And you're right, Comadrin. But there are gonna be characters I don't like which might seem unjustified, but that's my opinion XP and I just wanna vent. And maybe it's the fact how he carries himself, he talks like an expert and then other characters just side-eye him.

And this chapter, ugh, that coach is so lucky with how things end up...

The touch coach and cross game coaches were teachers. H2 He only got the job because he unwittingly defended the principals school. The coaches in adachi comics aren't supposed to be really good...on the surface.

Most coaches in high school baseball in Japan are just teachers who enjoy the game.

But this dude isn't a teacher, he ran from debt. But don't quote me, I'm probably not completely accurate 'cause I haven't reread in a while.

And you're right, Comadrin. But there are gonna be characters I don't like which might seem unjustified, but that's my opinion XP and I just wanna vent. And maybe it's the fact how he carries himself, he talks like an expert and then other characters just side-eye him.

And this chapter, ugh, that coach is so lucky with how things end up...

Most coaches in high school baseball in Japan are just teachers who enjoy the game.

Tofuramu,

Well, I don't know if I would put it that strongly, but I would definitely put him lower than even Haruka's brother from H2 and miles below Hideo's coach and the old guy from Cross Game.  At least he had the smarts to listen to two people smarter than himself (his daughter and Souichiro) who noticed Touma was about to ruin his shoulder from way too many consecutive innings.  He's an idiot, crybaby, and a leech, but at least he loves baseball.  (He also has a hot, albeit weird, daughter!)

Yay, another update!! 

Coach sucks ballz.

So glad it's back. Thanks for the release!!

Has Tatsuya made an appearance yet?

Truck-kun, nooo! Please have mercy!
Please Please PLEASE Adachi-sensei. Don't kill anyone.

WOOOOO! An update!! Thanks ryColaa & KidCongo!!

17 strikeouts 1 walk 1 deadball equals 56 if you assume he threw the minimum (i.e 3 strikes per strikeout, 4 for the walk and 1 for the deadball), but no pitcher/catcher battery does this unless they threw fat strikes over the plate and all the batters fell asleep.

The pitch count counts each pitch thrown, not the count. So you could be fouling off a 3-2 count, and the pitch count will increase, which means you could have had a 6+ pitch count at one at-bat. Unless Japan records pitch count as something different from my understanding.

Yes that is correct. Fouling off 3-2 counts counts as a strike in the pitch count. In this case. it would 3 balls and 3 strikes. Everything is recorded as a strike other than an actual ball or deadball. Without actual pitch count instead of balls thrown, its impossible to figure out what exactly happened, but my point was that there are numerous combinations of counts that would equal balls thrown.

? I don't understand what is confusing about the box score. 17 strikeouts, 1 walk, and 1 deadball equals 56 pitches thrown, leaving 46 left. Also, you have to remember we don't know the the rest of the counts for those batters (the count could be 1-3 for all we know). But even if we assumed what you did , that each strikeout was 0-3 and each walk was 4-0 and those batters were taken care of, it's not hard to come up with a pitch count for the rest of the 11 batters that equals 47. For example, 5 pitches thrown for 9 batters and 1 pitch thrown for 2. 10 of these last 11 batters were gotten out with a ground out or fly out.

Also, that box score isn't Touma's. Its Tatsuya Uesegi's, the protoganist from Touch, box score. Maybe that's why you're confused?

17 strikeouts 1 walk 1 deadball equals 56 if you assume he threw the minimum (i.e 3 strikes per strikeout, 4 for the walk and 1 for the deadball), but no pitcher/catcher battery does this unless they threw fat strikes over the plate and all the batters fell asleep.

The pitch count counts each pitch thrown, not the count. So you could be fouling off a 3-2 count, and the pitch count will increase, which means you could have had a 6+ pitch count at one at-bat. Unless Japan records pitch count as something different from my understanding.

So yes, my confusion was over the case where you don't throw the minimum (which is an achievement in its own right). 

Completely forgot that this was Tatsuya's - brain fart, completely blanked that these are the Tachibana bros.

Thinking about it a bit more though, 12 pitches per inning doesn't sound too rough, so I'm an idiot. 

I love when a new chapter comes out - mainly because I forget what happened before and so I read the previous two chapters and more Mix is always good.

Speaking of previous chapters (39), I looked at Touma's box score and was confused 

YrIq2xi.jpg

Assuming he uses 3 balls for a strike-out, 4 balls for a walk: 55 balls, leaving 47 to deal with 11 at-bats, which is doable.

Obviously this isn't realistic - and if we took the worst case (7 balls for each strikeout) that puts him over.

Let's take the average then, and assume each at-bat has 3.5 balls each - this is close at 101.5 balls. So if this is how we get the 102 balls thrown, Touma is an economic, fastball pitcher, pitching close to 3~4 balls per at-bat and aiming always to get strikeouts. 

However, reading back the chapter, pg 9 has his first walk, and pg 21 has another. Also with 29 people at-bat, it means that he's faced 2 more than what you'd face in a perfect game (27 up, 27 down). Which isn't true, because he has a hit-by-pitch as well. And also, if the opposing team gets into scoring positions every time by the 6th inning there'd be 30 at-bats by then. Maybe Meisei gets lucky and gets double-plays each time they're in a jam, and they're a team known for defense.

So, the conclusion is Adachi still doesn't know how to score games and/or I over-analyze a box-score that's supposed to be a cutaway and only there to show how overpowered Touma is. 

? I don't understand what is confusing about the box score. 17 strikeouts, 1 walk, and 1 deadball equals 56 pitches thrown, leaving 46 left. Also, you have to remember we don't know the the rest of the counts for those batters (the count could be 1-3 for all we know). But even if we assumed what you did , that each strikeout was 0-3 and each walk was 4-0 and those batters were taken care of, it's not hard to come up with a pitch count for the rest of the 11 batters that equals 47. For example, 5 pitches thrown for 9 batters and 1 pitch thrown for 2. 10 of these last 11 batters were gotten out with a ground out or fly out.

Also, that box score isn't Touma's. Its Tatsuya Uesegi's, the protoganist from Touch, box score. Maybe that's why you're confused?

I love when a new chapter comes out - mainly because I forget what happened before and so I read the previous two chapters and more Mix is always good.

Speaking of previous chapters (39), I looked at Touma's box score and was confused 

YrIq2xi.jpg

Assuming he uses 3 balls for a strike-out, 4 balls for a walk: 55 balls, leaving 47 to deal with 11 at-bats, which is doable.

Obviously this isn't realistic - and if we took the worst case (7 balls for each strikeout) that puts him over.

Let's take the average then, and assume each at-bat has 3.5 balls each - this is close at 101.5 balls. So if this is how we get the 102 balls thrown, Touma is an economic, fastball pitcher, pitching close to 3~4 balls per at-bat and aiming always to get strikeouts. 

However, reading back the chapter, pg 9 has his first walk, and pg 21 has another. Also with 29 people at-bat, it means that he's faced 2 more than what you'd face in a perfect game (27 up, 27 down). Which isn't true, because he has a hit-by-pitch as well. And also, if the opposing team gets into scoring positions every time by the 6th inning there'd be 30 at-bats by then. Maybe Meisei gets lucky and gets double-plays each time they're in a jam, and they're a team known for defense.

So, the conclusion is Adachi still doesn't know how to score games and/or I over-analyze a box-score that's supposed to be a cutaway and only there to show how overpowered Touma is. 

I also think Niji Iro Togashi was him trying to imitate Takahashi Rumiko - felt the setting was more like one of her works rather than his. 

Perhaps it was an imitation, although it felt like pure Adachi to me.  My first Adachi manga was Itsumo Misora (around 2010), and I was hooked from that point on. I read everything that was scanlated at that point and followed any of his manga that came after that.  I read the beginning of Ranma 1/2 back in the early 1990's and really enjoyed it, although it became rather cliched after a while.  I still really like Takahashi Rumiko's works, but will always feel that none of them come up to Urusei Yatsura, while I feel that Adachi's works improve the more he writes.  As an American gaijin (and monolingual Japanophile) I find Adachi's gaijin jokes hilarious, and his 4th wall breaking spot on.  I love Takahashi Sensei's works, and will continue to read and buy them, but Adachi Sensei really hits my funny bone, as well as writing really engrossing stories.  Someone (I have no idea who) said that humour transcends nationalities and language, and I have really felt that about manga, ever since I discovered it about 27 years ago.  I loved Japanese culture long before that, and when I discovered manga (and later Studio Ghibli) I really started learning about a genre that Americans of my generation (60 years old) had literally no idea of.  While I have read every translation of Yoshikawa Eiji's  works I can find and the same for Miyazawa Kenji, I still find myself feeling that I'm still somewhat gaijin in my understanding of Japanese culture.  At the same time, I totally love Miyazawa's poetry and short stories and Yoshikawa's historical novels.  Japanese culture and history is fantastic and manga that brings it to us non-Japanese readers (via scanlators) is priceless.  

Thank you, fearless scanlators, for bringing this to us non-Japanese readers.  You Rock!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics