Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 389votes)

Made in Abyss

Alt Names: alt メイドインアビスalt Φτιαγμένο στην Άβυσσοalt Made in Abyssalt 来自深渊
Author: Tsukushi Akihito
Artist: Tsukushi Akihito
Genres: Adventure AdventureDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHorror HorrorMystery MysterySci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The enormous cave system, known as the Abyss, is the last unexplored place in the world. Nobody knows how deep down goes this titanic pit, inhabited by strange and wondrous creatures and full of mysterious ancient relics which purpose in unknown to modern man. Generations of bold adventurers have been drawn by the cryptic depths of the Abyss. In course of time those brave enough to explore the dangerous pit came to be known as "Delvers."

In Orth, the town at the edge of the Abyss, there lives a little orphan named Riko, who dreams of becoming as great a delver as her mother was and solving the great mystery of the pit. One day exploring the murky depths she stumbles upon a little boy, who turns out to be a robot...

http://mangalifewin.takeshobo.co.jp/rensai/madeinabyss/
Go to Made in Abyss Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic The Nature of the Curse New Window Bluespheal
  • 2 Replies
Topic Tukushi Akihito's art New Window homogenized
  • 3 Replies
Topic Curse range New Window Brightamethyst
  • 3 Replies
Topic Time dilation New Window RBT
  • 4 Replies
Topic Old ladies a super sadistic pervert New Window truepurple
  • 39 Replies
Topic Faputa is the narehate of Riko New Window smol potato
  • 5 Replies

592 Comments

Based on Ozen's comments about wishing she contrived things so that Lyza would have left Riko at the Seeker Camp, I assume Maruruk is forced to be "the daughter she wished she had"... Definitely much more likely to be trapping instead of some kind of tsf situation, as the deeper levels spoke of losing your humanity, not uh...shifting sideways as it were :)

Yep that is the curse of the sixth layer ,you die or stop being human, the second it's the worst

Spoiler

And i have to disagree

Spoiler
ozen is second
Spoiler

Big reveals in today's chapter.

Based on Ozen's comments about wishing she contrived things so that Lyza would have left Riko at the Seeker Camp, I assume Maruruk is forced to be "the daughter she wished she had"... Definitely much more likely to be trapping instead of some kind of tsf situation, as the deeper levels spoke of losing your humanity, not uh...shifting sideways as it were :)

Spoiler

I thought it's already pretty obvious since this chapter?

Surely, you meant Maruruk.

Spoiler

"Her hair...how does she shape it like that?"

That's not a question I'm used to reading in a manga, though it's a question I often ask.

spoiler: Ozen is best girl

Surely, you meant Maruruk.

spoiler: Ozen is best girl

At least now we know she writes the important things down.

Reg's hand-blaster reminds me of Genos. Even the term "incinerate" is used.

Taken literally? It's a piece of fiction and I assume everything I see happen is actually happening within this fictional world.

I'm not saying its not happening in the story. But you can broadly consider the world design to be an allegory for life and exploring the world/exploring yourself. The children are only allowed to travel so far from home, have to learn and practice more before going deeper. The one girl went deeper and had a "life changing experience". (Rabbit fusion or whatever) Stuff like that is what I'm talking about. In Ch7 they mention Reg's first exploration to 150 meters was basically a backyard, for instance.

I won't try to psychoanalyze it too much, but the series is definitely wearing stuff like that on its shoulder.

Holy shit, this is amazing. The character art makes for a veeeeeery different feel than, say, HxH. The art in general is beautiful. Instafollow.

There are five volumes, right? There's much to look forward to. :D

I love Tukushi Akihito's art so I import the books from Amazon.jp, but pages like the last few in chapter 11 and that page in chapter one make me nervous about random customs checks.

Reg's hand-blaster reminds me of Genos. Even the term "incinerate" is used.

If you haven't figured it out by now, a lot of this shouldn't be taken literally and is symbolism/allegory. Exploring the depths of the unknown, Robot-kun is "woken up" by an electric chair set to lethal voltage levels, etc...

Taken literally? It's a piece of fiction and I assume everything I see happen is actually happening within this fictional world.

If you haven't figured it out by now, a lot of this shouldn't be taken literally and is symbolism/allegory. Exploring the depths of the unknown, Robot-kun is "woken up" by an electric chair set to lethal voltage levels, etc...

One thing I don't get is how nobody's seriously trying to stop Riko. She's going past where the whistles consider it suicide as a child and everyone's enabling her to do it. Not to mention her mother is likely dead. Its like if a kid's mother died trying to climb Mt. Everest and everyone just let her 8 yr old daughter go find her body alone.

So how many children who've had legs blown off by land mines have you adopted?

One thing I don't get is how nobody's seriously trying to stop Riko. She's going past where the whistles consider it suicide as a child and everyone's enabling her to do it. Not to mention her mother is likely dead. Its like if a kid's mother died trying to climb Mt. Everest and everyone just let her 8 yr old daughter go find her body alone.

There's a legitimate reason for that, you'll find out soon enough.

Well because that is Their world logic , and they do learn about the shit the abyss can do.

After reading all the LQ releases and  the raws(only the images) i have so many questions like

Spoiler

Spoiler

Well because that is Their world logic , and they do learn about the shit the abyss can do.

After reading all the LQ releases and  the raws(only the images) i have so many questions like

Spoiler

Spoiler

Love how smoothly that monster was introduced, and how ingenious the characters were with it's specialties.

The art for volume cover is just gorgeous. All these detailed arts inside too.

• RSD likes this

This manga relaly reminds me of Etrian Odyssey

I love super-brutal cute stuff. Can't wait!

Spoiler

It's been a long time since I've got a shiver from reading a manga. The world concept is hella good! Can't wait to see what's beyond the 550 meters boundary for red whistles activity.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics