Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.72 - 1530votes)

Mahou Tsukai no Yome

Alt Names: alt Ang Asawa ng Magoalt เจ้าสาวผมแดงกับจอมเวทอสูรalt Cô Dâu Pháp Sưalt Die Braut des Magiersalt 魔法使いの嫁alt 魔法使之嫁alt 魔法使的新娘alt Kadim Magus'un Gelinialt La Femme du Magealt La Prometida del Magoalt La sposa dello stregonealt Mahoutsukai no Yomealt Oblubienica czarnoksiężnikaalt The Ancient Magus' Bridealt The Magician's Bridealt Velhon morsianalt Невеста чародеяalt כלת המגוס העתיקalt عروس السّاحر
Author: Yamazaki Kore
Artist: Yamazaki Kore
Genres: Adventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Hatori Chise is only 16, but she has lost far more than most. With neither family nor hope, it seems all doors are closed to her. But a chance encounter begins to turn the rusted wheels of fate. In her darkest hour, a mysterious magus appears before Chise, offering a chance she couldn't turn down. This magus who seems closer to demon than human, will he bring her the light she desperately seeks, or drown her in ever deeper shadows?
Nominated for the 8th Manga Taisho Award.
Go to Mahou Tsukai no Yome Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Up-To-Date Theories! Seeing Things With a New Set of Eyes New Window Lilienne Lethe
  • 0 Replies
Topic Chise's Eye Color New Window koreofpacks
  • 7 Replies
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window Comadrin
  • 1 Replies
Topic OVAs by Studio Wit New Window 8lacKy
  • 8 Replies
Topic Chapter 27 New Window Yung_Zefling
  • 2 Replies

1286 Comments

So I was thinking, is this the author's first work or are they just not on batoto? Cause so far this feels like a very "experienced" author but they have no other works on the site. Anyone know?

Spoiler

I was like "Yeah right, you just wanted to peek under her skirt!"

Well...he has already seen and scrubbed everything... plus he bought her clothes... not like there is a mystery. But maybe peeking is his fetish. -_(-_-)_-  Everyone's got at least one.

• Ada likes this

Spoiler

I was like "Yeah right, you just wanted to peek under her skirt!"

Its moments like these where bearing through dozens of crappy manga leads you to a truly great series and everything feels like it was worth it. Great story. I'm getting the vibe that it might gain a tragedy tag but even if it does, I bet it'll still be great. Need more like this. Nice to find shounen with female leads that don't flaunt fanservice all the time.

The fact that at *checks* 4 chapters in, I almost jumped out my chair in anger at the idea of someone seriously harming Chise tells me a lot about how much this series has already gabbed a hold of me.

More, please, I don't know how long I can hold out after that.

Indeed. Each chapter does more for the story and the characters than a whole volume (or volumes) of any regular manga.

After only 4 chapters, it feels like I have been following and reading this for a year.

This is a really beautiful manga, in story and in art. I understood the story and the background really easily. It also has some "indirect feel" to it where the story gives us clues to inference with. Granted, this is normal in good stories but I've never read a manga that has told me a story this crazy smooth

This isn't just your average manga. This gives me simple comedy, very lovable characters, a dab of bitter-sweetness and most of all, a mystery in a sense that questions are answered but aren't answered. I guess the world I've been looking for is Classic.

Huh. Interesting use of Lovecraft's "The Cats of Ulthar."

I really hate the author for leaving the chapter at that, though.

Next volume March 28th...

That's a while to be left hanging.

The fact that at *checks* 4 chapters in, I almost jumped out my chair in anger at the idea of someone seriously harming Chise tells me a lot about how much this series has already gabbed a hold of me.

More, please, I don't know how long I can hold out after that.

No!  What happens next!?  Curse you cliffhanger!  >:T

this is really engrossing and has potential to become a wonderful unique world

Nice and interesting ! :D

Hmm typos in CH.2. It is usually lolicon or pedophile.

Spoiler

Don't ask why I'm anal about this...

@JoveusMolai: you question a wizard being creepy? lol my side.

Normally I'd be very disturbed by something like this, but the way the mangaka handles the pacing and portrays the characters (the skull-headed magician in particular) makes this otherwise-creepy premise very interesting.

Note that there's almost no tension in the story: Chise's rescued from misery, she's found a warm home with a kind person to watch over her, and she's entering a strange but wondrous new world that accepts her for who she is. But just one little panel at the end of chapter 1--just a few words of dialogue--and there's a very slight, a very subtle, yet still present sense of tension throughout the rest of the chapters, because now you're always wondering, "So is this guy an actual creppy pedo, or does he just have a strange way of saying things? If he's serious about wedding Chise, is he going to wait until Chise gets older (kinda creepy) or is he just going to go for it now (really creepy)? Or is the marriage thing all just an elaborate joke or a roundabout reference to a magical ritual? What's his game, really?"

However, since the actual marriage part is either lampshaded or made fun of, it never really crosses the line into "welp this is full blown creepy" mode. Instead, it lurks in the background, under the text and the pretty pictures, making you question every panel and every little thing the skull-headed magician does.

This manga is quite unique in this regard.

just three chapters in and it's already one of my all time favorite series so far.

It's just so magical and wonderous.

This one was better than I though it would be... glad I found this out <:

This is a real treat. Great art style, amazing story line.

This is great, the art, story, everything.

Beautiful. Art is great and story is really engrossing. Chise is also quite cute.

Grrrr we should have more awesome series like this

...What is this rare treasure I have stumbled upon!?  :D

A great candy, from a fantastic dimension. Be sure to enjoy every bit of it ;)

...What is this rare treasure I have stumbled upon!?  :D

My initial suspicions have been confirmed: I love this series.

Beautiful art, deep and introspective story, and excellent characterizations.

I can't wait to dive into the next chapter.

Does anyone get the feeling he is actually her father.  She has no idea about her father and it seems he knows more about her that he leads on and it seems he specifically tracked her down.  He is teasing and protecting her like a parent also.

I highly doubt that he his her father. She is clearly a human, and everyone is able to tell it. If Elias was her father, I don't think she'd qualify as a "human" anymore. Plus, there is no way he would've abandonned her, seeing that she is a slay vega. And there's the wife thing.

I think his fatherly figure/actions come from his age, wisdom and the fact that he his constantly teaching her about the world.

GIVE ME MORE!!

Does anyone get the feeling he is actually her father.  She has no idea about her father and it seems he knows more about her that he leads on and it seems he specifically tracked her down.  He is teasing and protecting her like a parent also.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics