Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.72 - 1530votes)

Mahou Tsukai no Yome

Alt Names: alt Ang Asawa ng Magoalt เจ้าสาวผมแดงกับจอมเวทอสูรalt Cô Dâu Pháp Sưalt Die Braut des Magiersalt 魔法使いの嫁alt 魔法使之嫁alt 魔法使的新娘alt Kadim Magus'un Gelinialt La Femme du Magealt La Prometida del Magoalt La sposa dello stregonealt Mahoutsukai no Yomealt Oblubienica czarnoksiężnikaalt The Ancient Magus' Bridealt The Magician's Bridealt Velhon morsianalt Невеста чародеяalt כלת המגוס העתיקalt عروس السّاحر
Author: Yamazaki Kore
Artist: Yamazaki Kore
Genres: Adventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Hatori Chise is only 16, but she has lost far more than most. With neither family nor hope, it seems all doors are closed to her. But a chance encounter begins to turn the rusted wheels of fate. In her darkest hour, a mysterious magus appears before Chise, offering a chance she couldn't turn down. This magus who seems closer to demon than human, will he bring her the light she desperately seeks, or drown her in ever deeper shadows?
Nominated for the 8th Manga Taisho Award.
Go to Mahou Tsukai no Yome Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Up-To-Date Theories! Seeing Things With a New Set of Eyes New Window Lilienne Lethe
  • 0 Replies
Topic Chise's Eye Color New Window koreofpacks
  • 7 Replies
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window Comadrin
  • 1 Replies
Topic OVAs by Studio Wit New Window 8lacKy
  • 8 Replies
Topic Chapter 27 New Window Yung_Zefling
  • 2 Replies

1286 Comments

At last, the dog on the cover makes its appearance.

This manga is really amazing, every chapter is great; when I read this I really get into the story that is taking place, the author really did a good job with that masked monster that appeared in this chapter, that thing really looked scary and it was apparently in the process of transforming into a even scarier thing adding additional arms and the classic pointed teeth, just a couple of pages and it was enough to create a scene that could really be quite scary if it ever gets animated. Thanks for the chapter

>Talk about familiar

>Black dog appears

Hopefully its the one. It fits Chise a lot for some reason.

Also great artwork as usual.

I'm confused by this chapter. Assuming this universe parallels the time-line  of our own, would that mean it is set at the earliest in the last decade or so?

Spoiler

I always thought it was set much earlier (victorian/edwardian perhaps)

Reading new chapters in this manga makes me so excited to continue on in the story, but then I become very sad when the next chapter hasn't even been published yet... I need to get a time machine that lets me read the entirety of this story now :(.

http://vatoto.com/read/_/261053/mahou-tsukai-no-yome_ch8_by_sense-scans/30 Oberon uses a mental attack.... It's super effective!!!

The plot description blurb at Mag Garden's website says she's 15.

Weren't they celebrating her birthday in one of the previous chapters,or did I mix it up with another manga?

How much do you want to bet the new guy/dog is going to be her familiar?

Actually,isn't he in the cover anyway?

ponytail.

I like her new hairstyle.(I got influenced by kyon) 

She's 16. But I agree with everything you've said, everyone is "young" to a person who has lived for centuries.

The plot description blurb at Mag Garden's website says she's 15.

Cover 2:

Spoiler

Kore Yamazaki-sensei will begin a new series in Itan magazine (a Josei magazine) issue # 22 (06/10).

Now the pic:

Spoiler

Seems pretty good! 

This manga...

It's a masterpiece.

Im guessing not. The fairy world especially the one that has Titianna in it traditionally is one that isnt very well fleshed out since its like Chaos in Warhammer 40k. To them it makes sense but for humans to go into a world such as that would invite madness as what we deem logical is not in any way and only insanity can prevail. 

The author might show hallucinations and whatnot but if this manga is going down the route i think it is, it likely will not show the fairy or faerie world in detail, only snippets of conversation and whatnot.

Not very fleshed out? Centuries of myths and fairy tales means that it is not very fleshed out? The name Titania might come from Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream" (a mere four centuries ago) but he himself was drawing on a font of folktales of the time.

Pfft, prejudice just because it hasn't been mined out by a popular manga and put on a wiki. :P

soo... she been sleeping for 10 years?

Nope.  She wished that she was bought 10 years ago by him so that she would never experiences the hardship of living as a slave and being traded to the auction house.

Chapter 8 managed to push me into pressing the follow button.  This manga doesn't get me super excited but it is an enjoyable read that leaves a pleasant feeling.

Gotta say the art and the writting help make that feeling, the author is going at a placid rate, so different from the usual pace that we are so used to.

A very good read though.

Chapter 8 managed to push me into pressing the follow button.  This manga doesn't get me super excited but it is an enjoyable read that leaves a pleasant feeling.

soo... she been sleeping for 10 years?

Excellent chapter.

She was out for 13 days :<.

I'll bet 100 internet cookies on 6!

Im guessing not. The fairy world especially the one that has Titianna in it traditionally is one that isnt very well fleshed out since its like Chaos in Warhammer 40k. To them it makes sense but for humans to go into a world such as that would invite madness as what we deem logical is not in any way and only insanity can prevail.

I disagree, this was done very tastefully in Books of Magic, etc.

for such deep manga, surprise it's have shounen tag on it

feel more like seinen/josei

Demographics are not a genre.

for such deep manga, surprise it's have shounen tag on it

feel more like seinen/josei

So, let me see if I got this right:

Oberon is a womanizing masochist, Titania is a gambling motherly figure who hates priests, and Spriggan is a grumpyguts party-pooper.  :D

...Also, is it just me, or did Thorn just go HNNNNNNNNNNNNNG at Chise's cuteness?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics