Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.59 - 872votes)

Gate - Thus the JSDF Fought There!

Alt Names: alt เกท:หน่วยรบตะลุยโลกต่างมิติalt ゲート 自衛隊彼の地にて、斯く戦えりalt Gate - Au delà de la portealt Gate - Jieitai Kare no chi nite, Kaku Tatakaerialt Gate - Where the JSDF Foughtalt Gate: Thus the JSDF Fought There!alt Gate: Where the JSDF Fought
Author: Yanai Takumi
Artist: Sao Satoru
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyHarem HaremRomance RomanceSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSmut SmutSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: One day in the 21st century, a gate opened in the middle of the Ginza district of Tokyo. Out of the gate poured soldiers and strange creatures, and they soon made Ginza look like an image of hell. The gate apparently connected Japan to another world, a world with a militant empire and many supernatural creatures. The Japanese Self-Defense Force decided to send a small group, led by a soldier who's also an otaku, into the other world on a reconnaissance mission. They're meant to learn what they can about the empire (and its plans), the world, and the people.

They're hardly in the world yet, though, when they come across a village destroyed by a giant fire-breathing dragon. The only survivor is an unconscious elven girl they find hidden in a well. Now they feel like they must warn the nearby towns about the dragon, and do what they can to help. On the way, they'll meet more magical, female companions, and learn more about this dangerous new world.

http://www.alphapolis.co.jp/manga/viewOpening/138000030/

adapted from the web/light novel series of the same name

Spin-offs:
Gate - Order of The Rose Knights: Piña Colada age 14.
Gate - The Starry Heavens
Go to Gate - Thus the JSDF Fought There! Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Gate released chapters discussion. New Window truepurple
  • 8 Replies
Topic Gate - JSDF Introductions & Discussion Thread (May Contain Spoilers!) New Window Tio Alexander
  • 93 Replies
Topic What technology would you like to see on the other side? New Window nininga
  • 3 Replies
Topic What if a gate appeared in your country? New Window remmy
  • 43 Replies
Topic Web/Light Novels New Window Alchaeus
  • 3 Replies
Topic Changed the title due to English license of GATE New Window rtwpsom2
  • 1 Replies

3422 Comments

B-b-b-but... She's a BUNNY girl...! What else needs to be said?

She is "crazy-with-revenge" ...

and there's rule never put your D in Crazy ...

Man, that malevolent bunny broad has been given WAY too much authority...

actually she is indirectly makes "wrong impression" of bastard prince to their sub-ordinate ...

possibly to make all his sub-ordinate goes rush to suicide or to hate the bastard prince ...

(which eventually will rebel to him latter)

She's an insane warrior bunny girl willing to burn down the world for revenge.

literally ... she already wishing and imagining JSDF will burn and blown all living being in that world ...

2 tranlation in a months. I must be dreaming

and they're all not tiny pages with low quality scans like back then. 

We're not dreaming. we're close to overdosing on shrooms

2 tranlation in a months. I must be dreaming

Have you ever read the story of Empress Theodora

MidoriKitzune
Aug 01 2017 09:27 PM

She's an insane warrior bunny girl willing to burn down the world for revenge. No thanks. I'd much prefer Delilah... (and Rory, Yao, Rory, Leilei, Rory, Piña, Rory, Bozes, Rory, ...)

The queen has  had it bad too ...

She's just totaly used up and angry.

Someone needs to show her love~

And get her into "S-Gear" for training sessions~

B-b-b-but... She's a BUNNY girl...! What else needs to be said?

She's an insane warrior bunny girl willing to burn down the world for revenge. No thanks. I'd much prefer Delilah... (and Rory, Yao, Rory, Leilei, Rory, Piña, Rory, Bozes, Rory, Piña, ...)

I noticed that, also.  From the few we can see through the last few chapters, the knights that are wearing "helmets" have a headgear that looks more like an armored tiara than anything else to me.

The power of plot armor! It's this or them constantly removing their helmets to talk. This is easier, drawing-wise.

B-b-b-but... She's a BUNNY girl...! What else needs to be said?  I would be more than happy to add Tyuule (and Delilah) to my waifu harem of Rory Mercury, Tuka, Rory Mercury, Lelei, Rory Mercury, Sgt. Kuribayashi, Rory Mercury, Pina Co Lada, Rory Mercury, Bozes Co Palesti, Rory Mercury, and Sherry Tyueli.

Oh... And let's not forget... Rory Mercury!!!

(I would have included a few more of the ladies from Gate, but at my age, I can only satisfy a limited number of women!)

Spoiler

Isn't Bozes kind of... taken? 

B-b-b-but... She's a BUNNY girl...! What else needs to be said?  I would be more than happy to add Tyuule (and Delilah) to my waifu harem of Rory Mercury, Tuka, Rory Mercury, Lelei, Rory Mercury, Sgt. Kuribayashi, Rory Mercury, Pina Co Lada, Rory Mercury, Bozes Co Palesti, Rory Mercury, and Sherry Tyueli.

Oh... And let's not forget... Rory Mercury!!!

(I would have included a few more of the ladies from Gate, but at my age, I can only satisfy a limited number of women!)

Spoiler

raw 66 out

translation 66 out ...

raw 66 out

the anime's decent ... Kuribayashi ... gets an upgrade in design

...srsly? upgrade?

It's worse when you realize that all those female knights aren't just common girls recruited to fill the ranks. They're all from noble families.

Only if you think the lives of nobles are worth more than the lives of the common. 

-edit-

I see this topic was already well-covered.  And perhaps you did not mean what your sentence apparently said.

Now I'm even more curious why it looks like more of the rose knight women choose to not wear helmets. That won't do anything for a bad case of sword to the throat, but I counted maybe two in full armor.

You're wearing most of a full set already, don't worry about having some bad hair at the end of the day.

I noticed that, also.  From the few we can see through the last few chapters, the knights that are wearing "helmets" have a headgear that looks more like an armored tiara than anything else to me.

Because a noble is worth more than a peasant? 

In the world of the Special Region, yes.  While all the knights will have come from noble families, their "ranking" within the Rose Knights would be set by the ranking of their family.  The line of Legionary (veterans nearing retirement or Evocatus, voluntarily re-enlisted retiree's) behind the knights, while worth their weight in gold for their skills, combat experience, courage and tenacity are of lesser birth.  Not to say they couldn't be promoted to knight status by Princess Pina Co Lada, but it'd be a very unusual, special circumstance for that to happen.

In the Empire's society, the nobles have political power, and those that have their own territories probably have military power too. They won't take it kindly having their daughters maimed and killed by these sweepers.

Hell, as much as we want to deny it, even in today's world the death of a senator's or any politician's child would get more reaction and coverage than the death of an office worker's child or a janitor's child.

Because of all the possible backlash politics wise. Right now it's Civil War mode on all Noble families, just having your daughter fighting and getting killed by those "Sweepers" makes it no better.

It's worse when you realize that all those female knights aren't just common girls recruited to fill the ranks. They're all from noble families.

Oh boy, we're escalating!

They already did when Rory was introduced.

There are more, tough i kinda doubt it will be shown even in manga version...
Anime obviously skip all of it...

Oh Sherry...
I hope you can be happy one day.
God I hate how her anime counterpart looks

the anime's decent. if anything, most of the characters (Like Kuribayashi and Itami) gets an upgrade in design

No spoilers wanted here, but I just want to note it's odd how this Piper guy Shandy's talking to somehow already knows of the Jade Palace battle in a world without electronic communications.  Maybe it's just the asynchronous nature of the various plot branches.  On the other hand, the JSDF do have radio, so the story could've better used that to signpost the timelines if that's what's going on and it's not just a plothole.

and now the fallout from that decision... Still worth it.

After pg16 I want to see what Sherry becomes. I don't think she is housewife material. 

She's quite the young lady, isn't she.  While the housewife material is a toss up, I think she'll be a terrifying opponent in the political arena when she's older. ;-)

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics