Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.26 - 171votes)

Tensei Kyuuketsuki-san wa Ohirune ga Shitai

Alt Names: alt A Transmigration Vampire would like to take a Nap (Official English name)alt 転生吸血鬼さんはお昼寝がしたいalt The Reincarnated Vampire Wants an Afternoon Nap
Author: Chokingyomaru & 47Agdragon
Artist: Sakura
Genres: Adventure AdventureComedy ComedyFantasy FantasyGender Bender Gender BenderRomance RomanceShoujo Ai Shoujo AiSlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural SupernaturalYuri Yuri
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A polite and lethargic boy was reincarnated in another world as a vampire bishoujo.

In this world of swords and magic, this protagonist who was reborn replete with all kinds of cheat powers was searching for one thing――!

“Three meals a day, snacks and an afternoon nap, I guess.”

Are you really the protagonist!

And thus begins the fantasy comedy of a vampire looking for the ideal moocher lifestyle…?

RAW: http://comic-earthstar.jp/detail/tenseiohirune/
Go to Tensei Kyuuketsuki-san wa Ohirune ga Shitai Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Japanese vs English title - VOTING FINISHED New Window ROTFLMAOMAGNETS
  • 2 Replies

171 Comments

Tell me, for people who only speak and understand English, what's easier to remember?  Neguse because Neguse means Bed Hair, or Behaki, which takes the first two letters of each word in ENGLISH and puts them together?

Behaki is just fine, I rather like the name.

You're the best kind of scanlator. I personally like Behaki. Idk, I'm not Japanese so it doesn't feel like an affront to my language or anything. Plus Behaki has a "horse" like feel to it. idk why. Apparently this opinion isn't popular, but I'm ambivalent so do whatever you like, scanlator-san~

I'm not the scanlator, so please don't give me any credit.  I'm just some guy who knows some Japanese giving my two cents.

Off-topic translation/localization arguments

Spoiler

Tell me, for people who only speak and understand English, what's easier to remember?  Neguse because Neguse means Bed Hair, or Behaki, which takes the first two letters of each word in ENGLISH and puts them together?

You're the best kind of scanlator. I personally like Behaki. Idk, I'm not Japanese so it doesn't feel like an affront to my language or anything. Plus Behaki has a "horse" like feel to it. idk why. Apparently this opinion isn't popular, but I'm ambivalent so do whatever you like, scanlator-san~

Again, okay. Let's see. What would you call in the following examples ?

World trade organization called as (Wotror) or (W.T.O)

New York City called as (Neyo City) or (N.Y city)

United states of American called as (Unstam) or (U.S.A)

United Kingdom called as (Unki) or (U.K)

Paris saint germain called as (Pasage fc) or (P.S.G)

Manchester city called as (Maci fc) or (M.C)

Manchester united called as (Maun fc) or (M.U)

Real madrid called as (Rema fc) or (R.M)

Cristiano ronaldo called as (Crro7) or (Cr7)

Lionel messi called as (Lime) or (M10)

TL;DR:

Mister Beg hair King is fine, called short as B.H King or B.H.K is fine, called him as Neguseo-san is fine.

But called him as Behaki isn't fine at all.

Reminder, the translator didn't even Capped or pointed as "Be.Ha.Ki" or "BeHaKi" but "Behaki" .

Oh no. What should i do.? I open new frontier name yuri here.... What should i do....?

I love this MCs personality too much, and I love the translator even more for word switching, Either way, I want Argento to insult some more flatties!

On another note, flat awareness is a serious issue, I mean, if even Argen wasn't aware of her "illness" clearly something must be done, and soon!

How about "Bedhead"? Can we all just agree on "Bedhead"?

Spoiler

Behaki is perfectly fine.  Neguse-Ou literally translates to "Bed Hair-King."  They localized the nickname and it's a lot better than I'd have expected, considering the... creative liberties taken with the rest of the translation.

I'll give you that her name should be translated as "Vampir" though.  Less because it's English but more because Vampir is closer to how her name should sound romanized.

Behaki isn't fine at all.

Either they keep the joke as (Mister "Bed Hair King") or keep the original name "Neguseou-san".

Beside, the from the Novel, the Author use katakana ネグセオー  /  Neguseou (which means that was his OFFICIAL name, same goes with ヴァンピール "Vampir" )

She explains it to him using Kanji with the same pronoun 寝癖の王様 (Neguseou-sama) though.

TL;DR:

For example some animal similar to Lories / lorikeet

Spoiler

ローリーズキング (Katakana of Lories King)

literally translates to "Lories-King"

localized the nickname to "LO-KI"

Spoiler

In case you can't read the English name in the cover

UKM1LWV.jpg

Are those song references supposed to be there? I feel like those are just added by the translator themselves. :/

somehow i feel warm reading this. thanks for updates :D 

I'll read this mainly because of that translation style. I love the unnecessarily extreme reactions of everyone.

this napping princess is better than that other one in the demon lord's castle

This being an isekai makes the other napping princess better.

Just my opinion.

All  Heil (second or even third) Napping Princess !!

this napping princess is better than that other one in the demon lord's castle

Behaki is perfectly fine.  Neguse-Ou literally translates to "Bed Hair-King."  They localized the nickname and it's a lot better than I'd have expected, considering the... creative liberties taken with the rest of the translation.

I'd like to add to this in that they've translated every other instance of Arge's nicknaming. I'd argue that the entire point of her nicknames would be utterly lost without them being localised. A TL-note to an un localised nickname would also be, in my opinion, an inelegant solution.

Then you should also keep this horse's name "Neguse-ou"-san

Arge gave him that name for fun but it already became his official name.

I'll give you that her name should be translated as "Vampir" though.  Less because it's English but more because Vampir is closer to how her name should sound romanized.

I don't really like how you TRANSLATE his name.

For example a person name "Asakura Haruka" =>which everyone call her as "Asakura-san" or "Haru-chan" etc.

You can't translate her name to English "Cherry Blossom Spring" => and call her as "Cherry-san" or "Spring-chan" etc.

Or in this manga case. her name "Argento Vampir"

with (Italian) "Argento" mean "silver"

and (Turkish) "Vampir" mean "vampire"

You already keep her name as "Argento Vampir" and not TRANSLATE her name to "Silver Vampire"-san or "Sil-va"-san

Then you should also keep this horse's name "Neguse-ou"-san

Arge gave him that name for fun but it already became his official name.

I wonder if quote " Tig ol' bitty " unquote is gonna follow her into the next country.

Read the first chapter of Akame ga Kill. Actual, genuine, nice people should be respected, but the most dangerous use pleasantry to mask depraved intent.

Yeah, obviously there are those who mask their intent by feigning generosity, but we weren't even talking about that. We were talking about just the act of finding someone in power involved in the community being "annoying." Not suspicious.

am i the only one who finds the chapter translation a bit trollish?

not that i hate it but it did throw me off lol, didn't see that coming.

Return of the deplorable naming sense!

I haven't been this entertained by an MCs antics since Samon-kun, and a big thank you to the translators for using words like "Fuck." instead of the confusing Japanese interpretations.

All  Heil (second or even third) Napping Princess !!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics