Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 174votes)

Ki ni Naru Mori-san

Alt Names: alt Kininaru Mori-sanalt 木になる森さん
Author: Hayashi Yuuichi
Artist: Hayashi Yuuichi
Genres: 4-Koma 4-KomaComedy ComedyRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Mikishima-kun is a very shy 2nd year high school student who loves gardening and has problems socializing, which makes it difficult for him to interact and make friends. One day he meets Mori-san, a girl with a very serious expression who transforms into a tree every time she gets nervous... 2 Clumsy kids and a love story.
Go to Ki ni Naru Mori-san Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

165 Comments

Well at least now we can root on a treesome.

This is great!

The denser the MC, the more characters get attracted to him. It's like black holes, but with anime girls instead.

Mori and her sis are quite different in personality.

MC-kun is "plant"-sexual.

What a lucky guy, the volleyball hit him on top of his head; last time one hit me during volleyball it was right between the eyes with glasses on which cut into my face a bit...

That is the reason I now wear contacts when I play sports. Highly recommended.

What a lucky guy, the volleyball hit him on top of his head; last time one hit me during volleyball it was right between the eyes with glasses on which cut into my face a bit...

I just realized something, Mori as a plant inhales carbon dioxide and exhales oxygen (at least when it's daytime) right? Doesn't that mean if Mishikima and Mori are alone in a room together, they are actually doing indirect kiss all the time?

I find it funny that most of the students don't seem to have problem or find it strange that Mori can tarnsform into a tree.

Maybe some if not all of them are also actually mythical creature? :P

I mean, the MC himself when he first discovered that Mori is a Dryad, his reaction is not something like "I can't believe Dryad are actually real!" but more like "I can't believe i finally be able to meet a Dryad in person!".

Basically the world seem to already accept the fact that Demi-humans exist. You know what, i wouldn't be surprised if this manga turns out to be set in the same universe of "Interviews with Monster Girls". ;)

I find it funny that most of the students don't seem to have a problem or find it strange that Mori can transform into a tree.

There's some pretty hawt fanart of Mori-san out there already, check it out:

Spoiler

Might want to put a NSFW tag on that!

There's some pretty hawt fanart of Mori-san out there already, check it out:

Spoiler

At first i'm confused seeing her turning her hands into trees as a makeshift umbrella, how can an arm be embarrassed? and then i realized that it's not that she can only turns into tree when she's embarrassed, but that she indeed have full control of her tree-shifting ability except when she's embarrassed. :P

And it works both ways, partially turns into a tree when human, but partially turns into her human form while a tree, like when the MC first touched her.

It would be funnier if the fact that dryads exists wouldn't be widely known. it feels too scientific for me.

The guy is a plants fanatic and seems to know both scientific and legendary/mythological things about them.

This is the perfect occasion to use a finnish meme known as "Niin hyvää puuta" (roughly translates to "Such good wood"), originating from a song/album named "Hyvää puuta".

Spoiler
Guess he's not barking up the wrong tree.

This is so cute. Like both protagonists. When the quirk becomes passion you take nacked girl as a tree :D

A love story between a man and a tree... Now I have seen everything.

If this was an Hentai, there would be jokes about getting wood splinters on the d***.

This story is sweet and I'm a bit of a sap for the feels. Each chapter you feel like rooting for the growth of their relationship.

A little Miracle-Gro will do the trick.

This story is sweet and I'm a bit of a sap for the feels. Each chapter you feel like rooting for the growth of their relationship.
A love story between a man and a tree... Now I have seen everything.

So, did she leaf her book at home to have an excuse to interact with him more? I wooden discount the possibility.

Well she definitely planted her plants correctly, I doubt this would branch out to a bad end.

So, did she leaf her book at home to have an excuse to interact with him more? I wooden discount the possibility.

These two are too adorable for their own good. XD

Ki ni Naru is a pun in Japanese.

木になる -> Literally "to become wood"; but also -

気になる -> To be concerned about / interested in. (Vaguely implies to have developed feelings for.)

Both have the same reading (きになる).

Adding to the fun here, 森(Mori) -> forest

気になる -> To be concerned about / interested in. (Vaguely implies to have developed feelings for.)

So innuendo for getting a boner in this context as well? ;)

It would be funnier if the fact that dryads exists wouldn't be widely known. it feels too scientific for me.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics