Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.46 - 273votes)

Plunderer

Alt Names: alt プランダラalt 플런더러alt Plundereralt 掠夺者
Author: Minazuki Suu
Artist: Minazuki Suu
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyMystery MysterySci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: It's the year 305 of the Althea calendar, and the world is currently controlled by "numbers." Every human born is branded with a "Count." This Count can be anything; the amount of kilometers walked, or the amount of people who have said your food is tasty. If your Count drops to 0, you will be sent into the Abyss. After Hina's mother's Count dropped to 0, her last request was for Hina to look for the Legendary Red Baron.
Go to Plunderer Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

599 Comments

We don't know if it'll happen often or not. I don't typically write info dumps unless I really feel it's necessary (mizuame note for that Yumekuri chapter notwithstanding), and with the number of absolutely outlandish terms introduced in just the first two chapters here, it's entirely necessary that I'll have to add a note page every few chapters. It depends on how much ridiculous vocabulary Minazuki intends to inject into the dialogue.

Snipped from raw:

Spoiler

"The number of [times he has been] turned down by women."

Which is why his number is negative, since he's the one turning down the women. 

Wooooooo 2 chapters in and im enjoying every second of this.

So nice. Much wonderful. Thus Followed.

Wait I'm confused. 

So the rules are 

if your number reaches 0 you die.

The higher count will take priority over a lower count (with exemptions)

There are ways to raise your number (the star thingy and I guess other natural methods)

Ballots are items that have a number of their own

That last one confuses me because how would one increase the number on a Ballot, bc the way they make it seem is that it comes from how many lives you've taken.

Now I'm just theory crafting but if that is the case I'm assuming Hina's mother sent her to find a relative who was a 'Red Baron' (possibly her father) who put them into hiding with the Ballot thingy.

So many plot twists... m night shyamalan would be proud

And now in chapter 2 that soldier wasn't that secondary as many thought.... seems that a villain has appeared now.

Man the art looks really good but it's sort of familiar... OH FUCK IT'S THE SnO AUTHOR! FUCKING HYPED! That first chapter was incredibly interesting! I will definitely wait for more!!

Yeah thanks for the laugh Perv BTW did they ever get that inquisitor? It feels like if they did he did a horrible job...

Shhh!  Don't give away my secret, but I actually enjoyed that extended session in Death Toll's deepest dungeon...  The PAIN was just soooooo exquisite!!!

But you wouldn't believe how difficult it was to make my moans of ecstasy sound like cries of agony!!!

You say that as if "Ridiculous Vocabulary" was a bad thing.

You know, you could always make up a "Trolled" info page just to screw with everybody's minds.  But then again, I have been called an evil bastard for even suggesting such things in the past.  Although, I am most proud of the fake plot summaries that I made up for Prison School when I was proofreading that series for Lazy Ass Scans, not to mention this page that I had a lot of fun with:

http://vatoto.com/read/_/108199/soukai-no-eve_v1_ch8_by_death-toll-scanlations

Yeah thanks for the laugh Perv BTW did they ever get that inquisitor? It feels like if they did he did a horrible job...

We don't know if it'll happen often or not. I don't typically write info dumps unless I really feel it's necessary (mizuame note for that Yumekuri chapter notwithstanding), and with the number of absolutely outlandish terms introduced in just the first two chapters here, it's entirely necessary that I'll have to add a note page every few chapters. It depends on how much ridiculous vocabulary Minazuki intends to inject into the dialogue.

You say that as if "Ridiculous Vocabulary" was a bad thing.

You know, you could always make up a "Trolled" info page just to screw with everybody's minds.  But then again, I have been called an evil bastard for even suggesting such things in the past.  Although, I am most proud of the fake plot summaries that I made up for Prison School when I was proofreading that series for Lazy Ass Scans, not to mention this page that I had a lot of fun with:

http://vatoto.com/read/_/108199/soukai-no-eve_v1_ch8_by_death-toll-scanlations

Please tell me that info dump of a translation note was accidentally misplaced in the middle of the action and it's not something that's likely to happen often.

The number of women that have turned him down or the number of women he turned down? It didn't seem like she turned him down, but rather he turned her down. This guy must be a real Lady killer. (Hah! Stupid pun achieved.)

Snipped from raw:

Spoiler

"The number of [times he has been] turned down by women."

My ship is fucking born. SET SAIL!

Can someone explain something, I am a bit confused... so if their number falls to zero they get sucked into an abyss, but if it falls less than zero they become "weak"?

I don't quite understand...

I believe the old man said he was 'weak' because his number was a negative making him easily bossed around by anyone 'possible even "everyone" with a positive number. Since you need some kind of Ballot "substitute number" not to fall into the abyss I assume you only need to be in contact with the ballot for it to work. but your body that bears the number is the only thing compared when it comes to 'orders' giving by a person with a higher number making him 'weak' in the minds of people that have Positive numbers.

Can someone explain something, I am a bit confused... so if their number falls to zero they get sucked into an abyss, but if it falls less than zero they become "weak"?

That's kinda the point, in chapter 1 a soldier pointed out that a -999 count is impossible.

Ballots haven't been explained yet, but apparently that's part of their nature, they're objects adding to the bearer/owner's count: Richto's sword has its own count of 5700 which seems to compensate for his negative count. That may not quite be it though, as he says his count is 5700 (the sword's) rather than 4701 (the sword's + his own).

So far it's all very confusing, which is probably on purpose.

Plus Hina's ballot has a completely ridiculous count of 10000.

Also people with a small count aren't necessarily weak physically or technically (since they can win starbouts), the setting is that they can't disobey people with a high count outside of a bout. "powerless" might be a better word.

The number of women that have turned him down or the number of women he turned down? It didn't seem like she turned him down, but rather he turned her down.

Well, duh. The number is negative for a reason.

Please tell me that info dump of a translation note was accidentally misplaced in the middle of the action and it's not something that's likely to happen often.

Yeah it's a mistake. I accidentally added an extra 0 before the number for the note page, and even though it displays as being at the end of the chapter in my folder, for some reason Batoto moved it up in the upload. I'm reuploading the chapter to fix it, will be a few minutes.

edit; Fixed.

The number of women that have turned him down or the number of women he turned down? It didn't seem like she turned him down, but rather he turned her down. This guy must be a real Lady killer. (Hah! Stupid pun achieved.)

Wow, I don't think any other manga by Minazuki has been able to engross me so quickly. Don't get me wrong, I love Sora no Otoshimono, Judas, and Watashi no Messiah-sama more than anything, but everything about this manga immediately drew me. It's hard for me to think of another series with such a great start, and if Minazuki keeps this up in future chapters, it may top Soraoto as my favorite manga.

Is that a fucking smartphone he gave her? lol

Sonic Baron?

here i was going on a nostalgic minazuki suu kick and i didn't even realize he had started a new manga. definitely following.

Chapter: Average...

When Red Baron appears: The hype level it's... OVER 9000!!!!

INSTANT FOLLOW AND 5 STARS!

The antagonist just provoked the Chuck Norris of the series.... it's over for him. R.I.P Antagonist. The difference of their levels is abysmal now.

guessing the sword is a StatTrak weapon

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics