Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 389votes)

Made in Abyss

Alt Names: alt メイドインアビスalt Φτιαγμένο στην Άβυσσοalt Made in Abyssalt 来自深渊
Author: Tsukushi Akihito
Artist: Tsukushi Akihito
Genres: Adventure AdventureDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHorror HorrorMystery MysterySci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The enormous cave system, known as the Abyss, is the last unexplored place in the world. Nobody knows how deep down goes this titanic pit, inhabited by strange and wondrous creatures and full of mysterious ancient relics which purpose in unknown to modern man. Generations of bold adventurers have been drawn by the cryptic depths of the Abyss. In course of time those brave enough to explore the dangerous pit came to be known as "Delvers."

In Orth, the town at the edge of the Abyss, there lives a little orphan named Riko, who dreams of becoming as great a delver as her mother was and solving the great mystery of the pit. One day exploring the murky depths she stumbles upon a little boy, who turns out to be a robot...

http://mangalifewin.takeshobo.co.jp/rensai/madeinabyss/
Go to Made in Abyss Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic The Nature of the Curse New Window Bluespheal
  • 2 Replies
Topic Tukushi Akihito's art New Window homogenized
  • 3 Replies
Topic Curse range New Window Brightamethyst
  • 3 Replies
Topic Time dilation New Window RBT
  • 4 Replies
Topic Old ladies a super sadistic pervert New Window truepurple
  • 39 Replies
Topic Faputa is the narehate of Riko New Window smol potato
  • 5 Replies

592 Comments

Spoiler

It's mostly done when it's done. The mangaka is taking trips to Taiwan and too busy retweeting Nanachi smut so we might have to wait awhile. Expect an average of 1 volume per year.

So volume 6 really was just 4 chapters? Here I was hoping there were still more chapters left to it given the previous volumes before it were all longer. Since volumes 1-4 were 8 chapters long and volume 5 had 6 chapters.

It's mostly done when it's done. The mangaka is taking trips to Taiwan and too busy retweeting Nanachi smut so we might have to wait awhile. Expect an average of 1 volume per year.

Link?

To the twitter, obviously, not the Nanachi smut. :V

5i4Eifd.png

Oh wow. Didn't think I'd see this here.

Does this manga have monthly releases? Does anyone know when we will be able to read the next chapter?

Does this manga have monthly releases? Does anyone know when we will be able to read the next chapter?

ahahahahahahaha
at horriblesubs:

Latest Announcement
Made in Abyss Ep 10
What the fuck

oh, and it only gets better from here :D  shame we wont get to see best dad unless it gets a second season.

And Nanachi sounds like she is smoking Helium. <_<

if you got cursed in bottom layers there little chance you got eternal life with disfigured body . if you dead the soul was taken to bottom of abyss and be recycled to be use for another purpose , and many important artifact in abyss was based on life and death of person (human sacrifice, ozen box ,white whistle, old custom/legend about soul) . i somehow think.............. the true purpose of abyss was to researching of immortality and body transformation to become higher entity , but the system gone berserk because of human greed or maybe human who reject the plan

"Cave raider"

What?

5i4Eifd.png

sweet god, I watched the anime up to the part were they reach the great fault, then decided to read this... what's comming is really f*cked up...

ikr. I've been enjoying the anime and I especially like the balance between the innocent and the grim, but I see that balance totally collapses after all. I was ok with just the threat of likeable characters getting mauled by monsters, but at this point I barely dare to hope they get off that easy.

By the way, Bondrewd knew the name of every one of his cartridges. He probably loved them, in his own way...

sweet god, I watched the anime up to the part were they reach the great fault, then decided to read this... what's comming is really f*cked up...

I still have to say its really unclear exactly how the whole cartridge thing taking the curse for you works and why ultimate suffering would bestow a blessing or w/e Bondrewd was hoping to accomplish with Prushka. Most other things in the series are explained decently enough, but this whole part feels really handwavey.

I'd always assumed that there was a distinct difference between being forced to take 2 people's worth of curses, and willingly taking on 2 people's worth of curses. Take Mitty, for example. She was told to survive or Nanachi might die during the experiment, and despite praying for her own death, she lived, allowing Nanachi to become blessed. You could say her desire to survive (for Nanachi's sake) allowed her End Result form's special property to take form in her own immortality.

Now, Bondrewd had god knows how many children in those cartridges, but none of them seem to have willingly shoved inside. Bondrewd just forced his curse of the Abyss on them, and discarded them when they needed to be replaced like a fresh pair of batteries. And then there was Prushka, who he purposely raised like his own daughter. Prushka loved him, and while she may have been deceived, she loved her father and willingly helped him, and took his curse for him. This allowed Bondrewd to become an End Result, blessed by the Abyss. His desire to evolve took the base of the fluffy Nanachi, who might have been the first proper End Result he'd ever seen, so he himself become a fuzzy woodland creature as well.

Although it's only two instances for reference, everything seems to match up, so it always made sense to me. It could be coincidence though.

Of course the first 'Made in Abyss' hentai I see is about Ozen's trap. :rolleyes:

Actually there's already half a dozen Nanachi x Reg H doujins way before the anime. Recently there also another one where Reg receiving Maruruk, while giving Riko, while pleasuring Mitty+Nanachi+Prushka using his handy hands

Of course the first 'Made in Abyss' hentai I see is about Ozen's trap. :rolleyes:

Thoughts on the anime:

Spoiler

"Cave raider"

What?

I should import the volumes whenever my next shipment is. I have a feeling part of the issue is just inaccurate translations. If I could see the original JP I could probably clear up at least some of my confusion.

You could look on the /a/nons' original threads. They're on yuki.la.

If you have any revelations, feel free to post. :D

I should import the volumes whenever my next shipment is. I have a feeling part of the issue is just inaccurate translations. If I could see the original JP I could probably clear up at least some of my confusion.

I still have to say its really unclear exactly how the whole cartridge thing taking the curse for you works and why ultimate suffering would bestow a blessing or w/e Bondrewd was hoping to accomplish with Prushka. Most other things in the series are explained decently enough, but this whole part feels really handwavey.

Yeah, hopefully the whole mechanic will become clear eventually, but for some reason the story's been acting like it's been explained sufficiently already. Something like, the fifth layer's curse both makes you into what you want but it also fucks you up and probably kills you; if someone's being sacrificed along with you, you can route your share of the adverse effects to them. Additionally, they can choose to increase the harm they receive, to your benefit. So the fact that Mitty got turned into a rug and then made immortal in that state presumably means that Nanachi got something special.

That's my impression, anyway.

From the interview where the author talked about how Nanachi made it into the story, I'm guessing she was originally meant to be sacrificed as the white whistle for Riko. But after how popular she was, they decided to come up with Prushka and delegate that role to her instead.

Man, I just binged this after watching Made in Abyss and some of the fucking shit in this manga is legitimately horrifying. Body Horror always makes me squeamish but on top of that one of the things that terrifies me the most is eternal life.  Let alone eternal suffering as a blob of flesh.  

How does this not have a Horror tag?  It certainly deserves it more than the other unintentionally hilarious edgy manga that have characters turn into piles of gore and flesh in seconds.  This shit actually deeply unsettles me. It's so good.

I know what's at the bottom of the Abyss! It's written in the title!

A maid.

(メイド = meido, which could be both "Made" and "Maid")

So Ozen's maid is the secret final boss? :V

Spoiler

Spoiler

I'm thinking on, to spread #BestDadBondrewd hashtag all over socmed now..

sorry with bad english . did it posible that bondrewd actually kind hearted but because he dont have many option to clear abyss he become desperate . there is many hint in the manga that every 2000 years the world destroyed because mass death or something happened every 2000 year the world date always reseted  . the date in manga was 1900++ , there many rumor about strange sickness in town orte now as year getting more closer to 2000 . but  probably it just my speculation or thinking too much

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics