Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 467votes)

Otoyomegatari

Alt Names: alt A Bride's Storyalt Arojen Morsiametalt เจ้าสาวแห่งทางสายไหมalt 乙嫁語りalt Brudens Fortellingeralt Gelinin Hikayelerialt Historia de Noviasalt Οι ιστορίες της νύφηςalt The Bride's Storiesalt Young Bride's Story (German)
Author: Mori Kaoru
Artist: Mori Kaoru
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaHistorical HistoricalRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Set in Central Asia in a rural town near the Caspian Sea during the early 19th century, the story revolves around a young woman, Amir, who arrives from a distant village across the mountains to marry Karluk, a boy eight years her junior. The story unfolds among details of everyday family and community life. However, the peaceful atmosphere is disturbed when Amir's family demands to take her back to their village.
Go to Otoyomegatari Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Romanticizing ownership of women. New Window truepurple
  • 123 Replies
Topic Cultural accuracy New Window Tadao
  • 14 Replies
Topic Otoyomegatari Chapters New Window Pold10
  • 44 Replies
Topic Kaoru Mori Illustrating Amir. New Window JTai
  • 7 Replies
Topic Mr Smith wimps out. New Window truepurple
  • 73 Replies

1048 Comments

@Seroster - I believe we are more or less caught up with the releases in Japan (Otoyome releases every other month). Which means, that is the big question atm.
From what I can tell, I think Kaoru-sensei may be going a different route than what everyone originally thought. Instead of focusing on Amira and Karluk's story, she'll be going along telling various stories of strange/unusual brides in Central Asia, with Amira/Karluk as a connecting tale. Which means, there's no certainty that Mr. Smith will get together with Talas, because technically, the strange bride could be considered the Mother. It does also portray the stark difference to modern day (Western) societal views, which is part of what Kaoru-sensei has been telling us about throughout this story. I have faith though- happy endings for all is usually how this goes...
So, since I have no idea how far this manga has actually gone & I'm not done reading yet the current chapters yet anyway, does the lady Mr. Smith was interested in ever show back up? I have a hard time imagining how she would at the current point of the story I'm at, but it seems like 100% waste if all she does is disappear into the tent-hut thing and we never hear from her again?
This is the most beautiful manga I've ever read!
Weird. I read this in Barnes & Nobles and assumed that it was ended. Then saw that it's still ongoing. Hopefully this will be serialized for a while.. so enjoyable..
HNNNNNNGGGGG
Since chapters 13-17 were not uploaded heres a link for them.
http://www.mediafire.com/?h62ayf9taw923
Scantily Clad did these a while back, their new rule for readers is to wait 24 hours so I assume its okay to upload them now, if not feel free to message me and i'll remove the folder.
one of the reasons i love the slice of life genre. it's true that nothing much goes about. but that's the beauty of it. the gentle flow of the story gives a good feeling of peace that we rarely get in modern life
hahah she cant wait till he grows up a bit more heheh... *sly smirk*

wow the art is awesome
Oh i've been wondering when it will show about them again (the kid with the older wife) hope will continue to update more chapter soon again
Personally, I find their lives much simpler than what my life is like in today's society. While we are given protection, freedom, and security, we seem to be drifting through life instead of enjoying what goes on each day.

[beat]

Perhaps I should move back to the country...
Ahh... simple people with their simple happiness... simply wonderfull
Kinda envy 'em, no taxes, no monthly objectives, no traffic jams...
but then again more 'NO'es follows...
I'm so jelly with the shota ;__; Why Kaoru Mori's drawings are so awesome?! Amira is still cute even if she's not wearing that 'hat'. And Pariya is gonna Pariya :l
"Next Month: The wedding you've all been waiting for! For real this time!" - Chapter 23

god damn it I need my delicious closure stop holding out
i agree with mdl97 she absolutely reffered the other thing :D
one of the best mangas i have read and the art is incredible
@okaerinasaiii

maybe Amira referring to other thing, if you know what i mean.
that shota xD
grow up faster??! no, that would be a mistake
Yes!! finally new chapters :P
Oh god, my heart.

This manga in particular makes me smile each time I read it
Wish there were more of these types of manga. I enjoy these slice of life series that leaves you with a good feeling each time you read it.
Yay for new chapter! it's a lil different, but at least the focus is on the lil cute couple
when will u upload chap. 22 ?
This is flawless. Perfect. Masterful artistry, great story line, great historical perspective. I had to remove my hand from my dick to respect the masterpiece that was bestowed upon my eyes.
If I am correct, then Amira is one of my ancestors. It is quite unusual to see a manga about your tribe and neighbouring nations made by japanese. The graphics are awesome, though I am still curous about the names in Karluk's family(they are from absolutely different nationalities). Never thought, that just one chapter can be so impressionable. Guess I need to find time and read every translated chapter in one go.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics