Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 467votes)

Otoyomegatari

Alt Names: alt A Bride's Storyalt Arojen Morsiametalt เจ้าสาวแห่งทางสายไหมalt 乙嫁語りalt Brudens Fortellingeralt Gelinin Hikayelerialt Historia de Noviasalt Οι ιστορίες της νύφηςalt The Bride's Storiesalt Young Bride's Story (German)
Author: Mori Kaoru
Artist: Mori Kaoru
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaHistorical HistoricalRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Set in Central Asia in a rural town near the Caspian Sea during the early 19th century, the story revolves around a young woman, Amir, who arrives from a distant village across the mountains to marry Karluk, a boy eight years her junior. The story unfolds among details of everyday family and community life. However, the peaceful atmosphere is disturbed when Amir's family demands to take her back to their village.
Go to Otoyomegatari Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Romanticizing ownership of women. New Window truepurple
  • 123 Replies
Topic Cultural accuracy New Window Tadao
  • 14 Replies
Topic Otoyomegatari Chapters New Window Pold10
  • 44 Replies
Topic Kaoru Mori Illustrating Amir. New Window JTai
  • 7 Replies
Topic Mr Smith wimps out. New Window truepurple
  • 73 Replies

1048 Comments

Ah, I love reading this manga<3 You can see all the love and effort that's gone into making the pages and characters and stories, and it all makes it so beautiful. I'm not exaggerating when I say it's the one manga where I can see and appreciate the lot of work that has been put into it.

For example, so many comic artists just put effort into drawing human anatomy well, and lack in the animal department (you can especially tell when they draw horses>.<). With this one, it's amazing. And not only animal anatomy, it's food textures (sometimes it looks so good I can almost taste it), cloth patterns, water, backgrounds, pretty much everything.

And thought the story might not be everyone's cup of tea, it's certainly not boring:) I wish there were a lot more manga's like this ;_;
Awesome Wedding is Awesome! :D
lol "the real celebration doesn't start for another week"
Simply fantastic, in every aspect.
I really like it!
Can't get enough of down-to-earth, slice of life manga. Wish there were more like it.
Awesome grandpa is awesome, gave me a good laugh. by the way, why are all the old people in this manga so awesome?
Awesome grandpa is awesome, gave me a good laugh. by the way, why are all the old people in this manga so awesome?
I'm with Ali... all that delicious, free food! Ugh, why does Kaoru-sensei make all the brides so lovely and beautiful in both personality and appearance? I just want to keep them all for myself!
>Party for a whole week. >Then THERE'S the real wedding. Whoa, these guys sure know how to celebrate a wedding :o
'. ' oh wow, one full week of feasting...that's a hella lot of dead lambs considering how many people they've got coming.

(Well, it also explains why Ali REALLY want to stick around for free food)
visually stunning and great story telling!
this is kinda like berserk for another genre, a masterpiece and the long release
Wow! Good Lord... Salud for Kaoru-sensei!
She really delivers the essence of Lamb Sacrificial Rites quiet well!
The community, fellowship, passing of kowledge and so much more...
The sublime but deep values of live in a simple yet fresh humour...

Food for thought guys...
Try to indulges yourself in the preperation of meal on the table,
Tho the experience will be vary but...
I'm sure you will be able to enjoy something more then food itself in this life!
Yay another chapter !!
thx a lot
nice new chapter!
The goat posed so gallantly. If lion is the king of the jungle, the goat feels like the King of the Mountain! O.o Woaahhh!!
Ahhhhh even though it was a side story, that was amazing. Lol behold the real heroine of the story haha! Queen Nana =D
Awesome grandma gave me damp eyes! ; ;
don't cha wish your grandma was awesome like her?

goat riding awesomeness! >:D
Completely and utterly AWESOME!
awesome goat go! how can u carry that thing :D
awesome granny is awesome!
GO AWESOME GRANDMA GO!
I've loved this manga since the very first release. The culture and the sense of community in all these chapters really shine =)

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics