Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 389votes)

Made in Abyss

Alt Names: alt メイドインアビスalt Φτιαγμένο στην Άβυσσοalt Made in Abyssalt 来自深渊
Author: Tsukushi Akihito
Artist: Tsukushi Akihito
Genres: Adventure AdventureDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHorror HorrorMystery MysterySci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The enormous cave system, known as the Abyss, is the last unexplored place in the world. Nobody knows how deep down goes this titanic pit, inhabited by strange and wondrous creatures and full of mysterious ancient relics which purpose in unknown to modern man. Generations of bold adventurers have been drawn by the cryptic depths of the Abyss. In course of time those brave enough to explore the dangerous pit came to be known as "Delvers."

In Orth, the town at the edge of the Abyss, there lives a little orphan named Riko, who dreams of becoming as great a delver as her mother was and solving the great mystery of the pit. One day exploring the murky depths she stumbles upon a little boy, who turns out to be a robot...

http://mangalifewin.takeshobo.co.jp/rensai/madeinabyss/
Go to Made in Abyss Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic The Nature of the Curse New Window Bluespheal
  • 2 Replies
Topic Tukushi Akihito's art New Window homogenized
  • 3 Replies
Topic Curse range New Window Brightamethyst
  • 3 Replies
Topic Time dilation New Window RBT
  • 4 Replies
Topic Old ladies a super sadistic pervert New Window truepurple
  • 39 Replies
Topic Faputa is the narehate of Riko New Window smol potato
  • 5 Replies

592 Comments

When will the typesetting be finished?

Concerning chapter 43: was having the narehate's put their tentacles in Riko's mouth really necessary? Did the toilet really have to lick her butthole? Has this author gone too far in self-inserting his fetishes? We waited 4 months for this!

If you haven't realized it yet, MiA is literally loli/shota suffering veiled under the guise of adventure.

Concerning chapter 43: was having the narehate's put their tentacles in Riko's mouth really necessary? Did the toilet really have to lick her butthole? Has this author gone too far in self-inserting his fetishes? We waited 4 months for this!

fetish>your discontent

Well, I would complain about a spoiler, but in this case you might have done us a service warning us in advance.

Body is ready, mind is not.

Brace yourselves.

Ch. 43 is OUT. Riko got off the Shit at last~

http://mangalifewin.takeshobo.co.jp/rensai/madeinabyss/

Translation finished at /a/, but not typesetted yet.

This chapter...damn...

Bondrewd... If only he would subject himself to the regulation of an ethics committee of some kind. He would do a lot less harm. Though maybe what he is doing is actually supposed to lay the foundation for saving many lives thus putting it into a grey area, though who would know if he doesn't freaking tell anyone what anything is for..

this manga makes dark souls look like a disney movie

Fuck me for being lured in by the art. 

I see now that as they descend deeper into the abyss, we are not exempt from the thrust into its madness. 

RIP my feelings. 

Spoiler

How  wonderful, I nearly lost it at Prushka, I lost it at the true nature of White Whistles material. And Habo knows all? Then how he wants to be a white or is planning to make his whistle? Not that shit again. But now the other level its mostly ok, its a Gunnm/Alita level with Dungeon Meshi elements.

It's disturbing how easy this manga resolved the taboo about eating man-eating monsters in less that a chapter and edibility of the Abyss is already for granted, i mean good for the author being in the Andrew Zimmer side of food (I'd like to try to be in that side with land arthropoda aka bugs but Europe is still hard, i'm Catalan therefore Spanish)

In Dungeon only Senshi and Laius were in the irredeemable category from the start.

Speaking of irredeemable, I kinda like Ozen more now that I know what is what she warned as Bondrewd being bad news.

I think the unique feature of the delver culture in this setting is how crazy it is while it's genuinely similar to many cultures in our  world, the feeling is real.

I can at least understand Bondrewd's will and passion, but still from the beginning he goes unacceptable, to unforgivable and simply a thread. 

After the last chapter of the manga (42)...

Spoiler

So the anime's over, eh. I hope the resulting boost in manga sales is enough that we start getting new chapters soon. :D

There's alot of theorys out there....

But the most likely is, that the whole "hole" is a failed experiment. Of immortality.

Old humans tryed it out .. and failed somewhat.

I think Reg created the hole with his incinerator.

MidoriKitzune
Oct 11 2017 04:03 AM

I'm watching Episode 10 now, and I wonder how people reacted to watching this without knowing what was going to happen. I had to stop and take a break, and balance it out with some Aho Girl!.

This is just such a beautiful series. I have never purchased manga and anime before, but I think I will do so for this. It is art.

I am also wondering how this will end. It's been such a long time since I've been so invested.

There's alot of theorys out there....

But the most likely is, that the whole "hole" is a failed experiment. Of immortality.

Old humans tryed it out .. and failed somewhat.

Spoiler

This right here is why I love reading mangas on Batoto.

Btw, if you like this manga/anime, you should try to play the Etrian Odyssey serie on ds/3ds.

Especially Etrian odyssey 3 and 4.

I'm watching Episode 10 now, and I wonder how people reacted to watching this without knowing what was going to happen. I had to stop and take a break, and balance it out with some Aho Girl!.

This is just such a beautiful series. I have never purchased manga and anime before, but I think I will do so for this. It is art.

I am also wondering how this will end. It's been such a long time since I've been so invested.

Are the cleaned manga images posted anywhere? Well, cleaned + redrawn.

I'd actually really like that. Been thinking about translating MIA into Russian, but there's no way I'm recleaning the raws.

Kind anons, would you happen to have the PSDs lying around?

I still can't believe that the anime didn't sell that well(cmiiw please)

But hey at least from what i've heard, the manga sales skyrocketed, like sixfold.

The series also ranked 85 on MAL, im happy that at least the series got the attention it deserved.

I think you might be wrong, because there is no sales data yet for the anime. The first DVD/Blu-ray doesn't go on sale until October 25th, because they're actually releasing this via more of an American standard, 7 episodes per disc (instead of the historically typical 2 per disc)...I wonder if Amazon had influence in that tbh.  Thus, keep your eyes on the week of Oct 25. If they have awesome sales, we can hope for a season 2!

I still can't believe that the anime didn't sell that well(cmiiw please)

But hey at least from what i've heard, the manga sales skyrocketed, like sixfold.

The series also ranked 85 on MAL, im happy that at least the series got the attention it deserved.

Anime adapted until the 3rd volume

Are the cleaned manga images posted anywhere? Well, cleaned + redrawn.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics