Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.72 - 257votes)

Lookism

Alt Names: alt 외모지상주의
Author: Park Tae Joon
Artist: Park Tae Joon
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSupernatural SupernaturalWebtoon Webtoon
Type: Manhwa (Korean)
Description: Park Hyung Suk, overweight and unattractive, is bullied and abused on a daily basis. But a miracle is about to happen.
Comedy and Quality is written big in this manhwa.

Licensed:
http://www.webtoons.com/en/drama/lookism/list?title_no=1049

Original:
http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/list.nhn?titleId=641253&weekday=fri
Go to Lookism Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic You want more Lookism? Then Press Here! Poll Link! New Window Izaya ∞
  • 9 Replies

876 Comments

...What dumb jock logic is does that wannabe boxer have??

That type of school should equipped with cctv. And immediate expulsion should be exercised. Schools are not for hooligans. 

Once the bullying is there, not to mention that semi-mafia culture of "no matter what happens, you never tell the adults (or else)", there's not much the adults can do.  Maybe sometimes you can take the edge off by making an example of a few ringleaders, but it won't change the culture.  But generally like Youma says, zero tolerance stuff just moves it around or whatever.

The only way I've seen that works is to start from young, like kindergarten young, teaching a culture of inclusion and empathy.  I was amazed how well that worked in my daughter's grade school; until then I'd thought bullying was eternal and unstoppable for ever and ever a-bloody-men.  Once the kids have been through that indoctrination, the bullying even in high school never really gets a foothold; there's mild cliquishness but the different groups pretty much leave each other be, or even give one another vague props for being good at whatever their particular schtick is.  So like my daughter was nerdy in her outlook and socially anxious, but didn't get good enough marks to be with the high-achiever smart kids, and dressed too goth or punk or whatever for the typical nerds or popular kids, but too unique for the goths or punks . . . in short, didn't really fit anywhere . . . but was never bullied and was even somewhat respected for her interesting dress sense.  If she'd been in a different suburb of this same city where the schooling approach is different, I swear she'd have been horribly victimized.

That type of school should equipped with cctv. And immediate expulsion should be exercised. Schools are not for hooligans. 

won't help. kids just take the bullying outside school instead.

be our entertainment in school, and we'll not beat you to a pulp after school and post naked pics all over the internet.

rich kids can threaten like that.

the boy is from a poor family. he never stood a chance.

So, as I thought. To fend off the bullies you need either physical strength or wits. Or both. Having sharp tongue gives you a bonus.

The question remained: what do the looks have to do with it?

This manhwa end in 14 chapter and the ending is weird

Yeah, that was just the end of that little arc, not the title as a whole. Some of the Naver titles do that, put "End" on the chapters that "end" an arc........it can be kind of an eye-catcher.  :D

yeah i was pretty shocked about it too but then i figured out it was just the arc end so its still going

At third rate schools certainly...others would not want to waste time and go at full throttle to pursue dreams and goals.
His mum is so kind!!! I hope with the new body, he could helped out his mum... Waaah I wanna cry :sob sob:

yeah, bullying is that bad. school is that bad.

and girls are the most cruel when they get started.

not only in korea, in other parts of the world too.

never having seen it personally doesn't mean it doesn't happen. i've seen it though, many others have too. the kid in this webtoon isn't even seeing the worst of it.

too bad they already knew each other from school cause the guy trying to get cigarettes already looks about 50 yrs old.....

Interesting premise and hilarious. BTW, after the haircut was that Kim Jong-un?

glorious-leader_c_4465953.jpg

YES

THIS IS SO SAD. BUT I definitely want to stay tuned!

The Mom... T_T

Or this gonna last forever, because clearly this manhwa was made with comedy in the first place. Btw i wonder why there is no Comedy tag...

Or there will be a heroin at later chapters , and after a few cliche builds , he had to either tell the truth and etc and have a happy ending or vice versa, usually, its the female latter that came late is the reason for mc started to reason with himself and question himself about what's he doing with his life, lying to the he loved and etc , 

wanna know why i said that? coz every damn korean drama ended with that, unnecessary love involvement that they tried so hard to make it to be the end of something, be it action, love drama, or supernatural/fantasy drama,

dont believe me, just go to fckin kshowonline, except running man or family show*, there will sure be love in other type of shows they made at there  

these past few weeks i keep thinking that my desire for more chapters has calmed down but then the new chapter comes out and it fires up again hahaha, anyway thanks for translating this one

yes. It is our O beloved comrade Kim Jong Un

This is hilarious!!

Agreed. I think this story will go in either of these two directions, or some combination of both:

- The MC experiences life very positively as Hot Guy and becomes inspired to better himself in all respects. You know, working out, studying hard, practicing one liners and pickup lines, etc. So in the end he somehow becomes a single person again, but in the form of Hot Guy.

- The MC experiences life as Hot Guy, but turns out it is not quite up to his expectations, so he decides in the end to just be his old self and enjoy life as it comes, having learned the lesson of honesty.

Or this gonna last forever, because clearly this manhwa was made with comedy in the first place. Btw i wonder why there is no Comedy tag...

I see no reason why it shouldn't. As long as he's not negligent with the routine he theoretically never needs to sleep. One body turns in for the night and he's got a fresh one ready to go for another 12 hours.

Personally, he ought to use that time to work out. School and studies can be settled with the hot body, and his original body can focus solely on exercising.

Then again, he's kind of an idiot whenever he gets even a shred of confidence, so I doubt he'd come up with a similarly efficient timetable.

Agreed. I think this story will go in either of these two directions, or some combination of both:

- The MC experiences life very positively as Hot Guy and becomes inspired to better himself in all respects. You know, working out, studying hard, practicing one liners and pickup lines, etc. So in the end he somehow becomes a single person again, but in the form of Hot Guy.

- The MC experiences life as Hot Guy, but turns out it is not quite up to his expectations, so he decides in the end to just be his old self and enjoy life as it comes, having learned the lesson of honesty.

12-12 works under his old circumstances, however if he gets friends / people that want to hang out with him he'd need to adjust that schedule to "only in the handsome body while interacting with others" while preventing himself to go on a few-day-trip somewhere else, as he might still switch bodies but can't oversee the other body (someone might wake the sleeping handsome body while the ugly body is walking down the street etc)

12 hour shifts, let's see if that'll work.

I see no reason why it shouldn't. As long as he's not negligent with the routine he theoretically never needs to sleep. One body turns in for the night and he's got a fresh one ready to go for another 12 hours.

Personally, he ought to use that time to work out. School and studies can be settled with the hot body, and his original body can focus solely on exercising.

Then again, he's kind of an idiot whenever he gets even a shred of confidence, so I doubt he'd come up with a similarly efficient timetable.

12 hour shifts, let's see if that'll work.

well might be because i'm brazillian... all i see here is people trolling each other and usually end up laughing it off

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics