Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.59 - 872votes)

Gate - Thus the JSDF Fought There!

Alt Names: alt เกท:หน่วยรบตะลุยโลกต่างมิติalt ゲート 自衛隊彼の地にて、斯く戦えりalt Gate - Au delà de la portealt Gate - Jieitai Kare no chi nite, Kaku Tatakaerialt Gate - Where the JSDF Foughtalt Gate: Thus the JSDF Fought There!alt Gate: Where the JSDF Fought
Author: Yanai Takumi
Artist: Sao Satoru
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyHarem HaremRomance RomanceSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSmut SmutSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: One day in the 21st century, a gate opened in the middle of the Ginza district of Tokyo. Out of the gate poured soldiers and strange creatures, and they soon made Ginza look like an image of hell. The gate apparently connected Japan to another world, a world with a militant empire and many supernatural creatures. The Japanese Self-Defense Force decided to send a small group, led by a soldier who's also an otaku, into the other world on a reconnaissance mission. They're meant to learn what they can about the empire (and its plans), the world, and the people.

They're hardly in the world yet, though, when they come across a village destroyed by a giant fire-breathing dragon. The only survivor is an unconscious elven girl they find hidden in a well. Now they feel like they must warn the nearby towns about the dragon, and do what they can to help. On the way, they'll meet more magical, female companions, and learn more about this dangerous new world.

http://www.alphapolis.co.jp/manga/viewOpening/138000030/

adapted from the web/light novel series of the same name

Spin-offs:
Gate - Order of The Rose Knights: Piña Colada age 14.
Gate - The Starry Heavens
Go to Gate - Thus the JSDF Fought There! Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Gate released chapters discussion. New Window truepurple
  • 8 Replies
Topic Gate - JSDF Introductions & Discussion Thread (May Contain Spoilers!) New Window Tio Alexander
  • 93 Replies
Topic What technology would you like to see on the other side? New Window nininga
  • 3 Replies
Topic What if a gate appeared in your country? New Window remmy
  • 43 Replies
Topic Web/Light Novels New Window Alchaeus
  • 3 Replies
Topic Changed the title due to English license of GATE New Window rtwpsom2
  • 1 Replies

3422 Comments

chapter 69 is hard to read...

Next month is a bye for this comic, so the next raw episode will release 12/30. Expect the translated episode som3 time in January, I guess.

That's the greatest Egyptian God in existence: Medjed. Known for his nice legs and laser eyes.

Medjed.jpg?type=vertical

Behold! The first Egyptian drawing with two eyes!

The "no translation" statement on Page 24, 2nd Panel, translates to "I will do it for new magic."  I can only assume Lelei is saying that.

Welp, time for Leilei to blow up a palace.

Bakuretsu mahou?

About the bunny ovelord, i think that she can reedem herself, dont get me wrong she really is mad with hate and is doing some terrible things but this madness is there because of so many horrible things that happenned to her, all that victim whining of hers gets on the nerves but come on. If your sacrefice of your freedom and pride to save your people from a douchebag fuckwit excuse of a man was misunderstood and your people puts on their heads to kill you in revenge you would go crazy too.

My point is if in the end she dies i will... well be a little sad but understand that was karma in the making, but if there is a chance for her to reclaim some happyness for her life im all for that.

I mean she is a FREAKING BUNNY GIRL MAN, YOU DONT JUST... KILL OR HURT ONE OF THOSE, THEY ARE TREASURES FOR CHRIST SAKE. I remenber when this section still had few comments and the scene of the bunny rape someone sugested a wonderfull list of cooking methods that could be done to the fuckwit prince, i am still all for that. 

I want to agree with you, but at the same time, redemption or not she needs to pay for the terrible things she has brought about. She has real power and has been causing region-wide strife with it. The idea of her reclaiming any happiness beyond the knowledge that everyone knows the truth about her past feels beyond absurd to me. Let the records be straightened on what terrible things happened to her and her people, but bitch has to burn, bunny girl or not. I say that with the heaviest of hearts for a bunny girl. 

Thanks God this arc is finally getting over.

Lelei is just not strong enough of a character to carry an entire arc, especially one this long and tedious.

Oddly enough, I didn't feel this sort of fatigue in the anime. Maybe that was because I was too distracted by A1's generic character design.

p24 says 新魔法の的にしてやる in case it was hard to read.

Who is this?

Spoiler

That's the greatest Egyptian God in existence: Medjed. Known for his nice legs and laser eyes.

Medjed.jpg?type=vertical

Who is this?

Spoiler

Thanks God this arc is finally getting over.

Lelei is just not strong enough of a character to carry an entire arc, especially one this long and tedious.

About the bunny ovelord, i think that she can reedem herself, dont get me wrong she really is mad with hate and is doing some terrible things but this madness is there because of so many horrible things that happenned to her, all that victim whining of hers gets on the nerves but come on. If your sacrefice of your freedom and pride to save your people from a douchebag fuckwit excuse of a man was misunderstood and your people puts on their heads to kill you in revenge you would go crazy too.

My point is if in the end she dies i will... well be a little sad but understand that was karma in the making, but if there is a chance for her to reclaim some happyness for her life im all for that.

I mean she is a FREAKING BUNNY GIRL MAN, YOU DONT JUST... KILL OR HURT ONE OF THOSE, THEY ARE TREASURES FOR CHRIST SAKE. I remenber when this section still had few comments and the scene of the bunny rape someone sugested a wonderfull list of cooking methods that could be done to the fuckwit prince, i am still all for that. 

raw 69 out wait for trantlion 69

Translation is available on /ak/ wiki. Again, kudos for the prompt work!

raw 69 out wait for trantlion 69

I'm under the impression that it's a comet. 
Or even an asteroid. Which means that the element for the finale has been introduced. 
So this puts us somewhere in the middle. Where the effects of the gate are propagating outwards and causing localized and general field distortions. Essentially, the imbalance is propagating outwards.
However, what's interesting is that this is not affecting all major planets, which means that the gravimetric shifts are exceptionally small in nature.
As other planets are not affected by this, I suspect that this is a comet of some kind. Further, the change in gravity as well as its trajectory likely brings it to a near pass with Alnus Earth (I call it that). Which may 

Spoiler
Having not read the light novel or the web novel, this is supposition on my part. 

oh? this bit wasn't in the anime

anime skip plenty of thing from manga ...

and skip A LOT OF thing from LN ...

My thoughts were that

Spoiler

Also

Spoiler

In my opinion Elf's raport is very interesting as it means

Spoiler

My thoughts were that

Spoiler

oh? this bit wasn't in the anime

one of the sages in that crowd is a death claw

He must be Goris the Scholar from Vault 13

In my opinion Elf's raport is very interesting as it means

Spoiler

"So you're Miss Lei Lei? I'm Flat... Looks like you're flat too"

*washboard

Tuka’s insane, Yao’s a walking disaster, Leilei is illegal by Japanese laws, and Rori’s got free reign to do whatever she wants with him after he dies... and she’s questionably illegal in an immoral way. Itami gets a free pass from me since his main priorities are slacking off and manga/anime updates.

Considering his first marriage was not ended too well, i guess Itami just didn't make goinking as his priority for unforeseen period.

Can we tell them about gravity?

"No, we must think of the Prime Directive."

And how many times was that directive disobeyed? It's pretty much a suggestion at this point.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics