Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (3.99 - 345votes)

Ever Green (KASUKABE Akira)

Alt Names: alt エバーグリーンalt Evergreen
Author: Takemiya Yuyuko
Artist: Kasukabe Akira
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of LifeTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Yoshimatsu Hotaka is the president of the manga club and is always diligent with his school life and club activities, but even though he looks like a regular honor student in reality we have that there is something really odd with him; he has this bitter ~ heavy ~ melancholic look and is almost always looking at Awaya Niki, the beautiful, bright, radiant, super cheerful swimming club's female ace.

Why does Hotaka act all bitter like that? And what will become of him as the sports teacher orders him to have at least "one secret swimming class lesson" where no one is supposed to be looking, whereas he normally skips class activities due to personal matters?
Go to Ever Green (KASUKABE Akira) Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Evergreen - Latest Chapter Discussion New Window greensoulreaper
  • 22 Replies
Topic Latest raw chapter New Window l.kostas
  • 0 Replies
Topic Toradora again? New Window Irecinius
  • 11 Replies

1051 Comments

Well, this thing ended now. Some guy on /a/ did a speed scan of the final chapter. Here's a direct quote from him.

Fuck you, Yuyuko Takemiya. Never again.

The ending was definitely rushed, but learned nothing and achieved nothing? I disagree. You'll have to read the final two chapters and decide for yourself. Speed scans often miss the finer points in the narrative.

Well, this thing ended now. Some guy on /a/ did a speed scan of the final chapter. Here's a direct quote from him.

And so our hero has learned nothing, achieved nothing, and ultimately continues to do nothing.

What a resolution everybody. It was all pointless!

Fuck you, Yuyuko Takemiya. Never again.

Anyone else notice the bus driver?  For a moment, I thought they would be heading to a certain monster high school...

Nah, MC is too much of a pussy to last at Youkai Academy. Take some lessons from Tsukune on how to be a badass Hotaka!

If someone like myself couldn't wait for the final chapter, heres the ending thanks to rpapo from animesuki.

Spoiler

I waited 4-5 years for this?

If someone like myself couldn't wait for the final chapter, heres the ending thanks to rpapo from animesuki.

Spoiler

Thank you man! Now I have no regrets.

Well,that certainly isn't what I was expecting.

Why are all the endings to romance mangas complete shit these days?

Because everyone's trying to "break the mold," so they don't get called "typical."  BTW, I didn't read the spoiler. ;)

what kind of era is this? side characters are getting way more interesting development in mangas

fliptable.gif

Spoiler

Oh, come on... and I that thought that the end of watashitachi no tamura-kun was bad.... I think that the writer is not good when it comes to end a story... now I'm afraid of starting to read toradora or golden time...

Oh my, did the author even think about that sibling twist? I felt like I was reading bullshit when that happened.

Spoiler

Well,that certainly isn't what I was expecting.

Why are all the endings to romance mangas complete shit these days?

Spoiler

Wow, that's even lamer than what I was expecting! Even so, I will read through it myself (when the scanlation is done of course) before judging it, but maybe I should already start warning people that's this really isn't worth the time...

oh wow

this ship is an ice breaker, found myself forgetting the main drama

wait wut??

He took the bus, left On-chan at the stop, came back the opposite way?

WHAT TELEPORTATION MAGIC DID HE USE?!?!

Also, I ship this so hard, This should be their story not those 2 half-siblings. Like Tonari no Saya-san :o

Spoiler

meh

lol lol lol lol

I didn't mean the harsh words to the son, but to the father corpse just when he passed away.
The 2 kids could just suffer from their father weakness in relationship

I don't understand why in Japan, divorce or unfaithfull seem to end to a total break in relationship. It's weird for me (I'm french so sorry for my english). They can "forget" their kids and make a total new life.
Or it's a manga issue ?

Divorce in Japan when kids are concerned is a bit different from what you usually see. The parent who takes custody of the child is essentially still the parent, and the other parent essentially loses all rights to be called a parent to that child. It's as if they weren't a mother or father at all. Things like joint custody are pretty rare.

Spoiler

God, I hate endings like that. It's mildly open ended I guess at the very least.....

Well, at least the chapter provided a full closure to that plot end.

However the fact that it ends in two chapters is depressing.

Spoiler

facepalm hard.
kudos for the motherfucking rushed endings!

Spoiler

Second half? Second half?! That's gotta be the most unrelated and complete 180 second half I've ever seen O_o Not that I'm complaining :P That was a pretty good resolution.

I didn't mean the harsh words to the son, but to the father corpse just when he passed away.

I don't understand why in Japan, divorce or unfaithfull seem to end to a total break in relationship. It's weird for me (I'm french so sorry for my english). They can "forget" their kids and make a total new life.

Or it's a manga issue ?

My uncle divorce and end up never come back to see his children. He just disappear. Annd this is quite common in my country

Or it's a manga issue ?

Let's not forget that unfaitfulness was once a punishable crime by death in Europe not too long ago. You want your lover/spouse to be faithful it's a real life issue not exclusive to Japan it's just less common now then 200 years and Japan was isolated for centuries. Cheating usually ends in a relationship not happening anymore, not just in Japan but all over the world.

BEST CHAPTER OF ALL TIME..OF ALL TIME!

Damn they both look so different I totally forgot who they were.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics