Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.61 - 153votes)

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka Gaiden - Sword Oratoria

Alt Names: alt ダンジョンに出会いを求めるのは間違っているだろうか 外伝 ソード・オラトリアalt DanMachi Gaiden: Sword Oratoriaalt Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Sword Oratoriaalt 소드 오라토리아
Author: Oomori Fujino
Artist: Yagi Takashi
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyRomance RomanceShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: This is an adaptation of the Sword Oratoria side story light novels to Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka. It covers the story of one of the strongest 1st class adventurer, "Sword Princess" Ais Wallenstein, and her desire to reach even greater heights with her friends in the Loki Familia.

> Spin-off of Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/dungeon-ni-deai-wo-motomeru-no-wa-machigatteiru-darou-ka-r9803 )

Raw: http://www.ganganonline.com/contents/ais/
Go to Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka Gaiden - Sword Oratoria Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Bete's Character Development New Window LuckyVirgo
  • 2 Replies
Topic I'd rather read new chapters of the original than this spin-off, wouldn't you? New Window mancoo
  • 9 Replies

481 Comments

Dang Lefiya was pretty cool this chapter. I really liked how she was ready for the surprise attack this time and effortlessly doges it with a "I've already seen that move." look on her face. Keep it up Lefiya!

Loki is the goddess with the best shit-eating grin...and knows Joeseph Joestar's secret technique!

You do know that really strong mages are usually glass cannons, right? The same applies t most Cleric positions as well. Think of it in term of an MMO. Tank, healer, burst dps, ect all have specific play styles within a group, and only an idiot would say something like 'Mages don't need to be helped in a fight'

I miss old-fashioned AD&D Clerics, with their plate armor and maces, smashing crap flat and healing like bosses. (I crushed your skull, but look! I didn't use an edged weapon, because I have ethics or something! This hammer is HOLY, you should be proud of your wounds, even if you don't survive!)

No glass cannons back then. Ah, the good old days. *Chases kids off of lawn.*

And thanks to One Time for keeping it up! I love this spin-off.

And here i thought that Lefiya is finally dead... A char that always needs to be rescued, though they know its dangerous and people die in this dungeon world... But at this level she still doesnt know her limits and tries to reach someone stronger without thinking.... So utterly foolish and unbelievable naiv... Loki, just tell her to go alone in the dungeon and fix that prob. Either she succeeds and is more of an adult or she dies trying, which would mean she wasnt fit to go in the dungeon. Or she can just stay behind on the surface and quit the adventure life. So she could do something useful.

You do know that really strong mages are usually glass cannons, right? The same applies t most Cleric positions as well. Think of it in term of an MMO. Tank, healer, burst dps, ect all have specific play styles within a group, and only an idiot would say something like 'Mages don't need to be helped in a fight'

yeah, know her limit ? strongest DPS in the world can one hit KO absolutely everything with long cast time.

but have no defend (always need protect / rescue).

what she need is confident in her ability

Do you even read the chapter 2 ? Do you even remember her weakness (long time cast)

Spoiler

Her mistake this time is she reckless want to help but forgot her DPS aggro the most, we don't even have tanker here to provoke and protect her.

And if we want to fix her lack confident problem, make her go dungeon as party to more and more impossible raid that everyone in a hopeless situation, can't do anything but rely on her ability to clear everything in 1 hit (like chapter 3)

You do have some points. But the main prob for me still remains. She is a level 4 (right?) Adventurer. Not a level 2 or even level 1 Adventurer, but level 4!.... I refuse to believe you can become one just like that as it is as easy to walk along a street. She has the experience. She should have had many close life and death experiences, and seen even way more (If not she fits even less as an Adventurer). Experiencing all kind of threats in the dungeon and being still like Bell was in his first days.... Its just a not a fitting char for me, at least not as a level 4 one. Well, and the author who put her in such an unbelievable way, like she never had any char grow. I know some like her and i dont, but.... luckily its not all about her in this manga ^^

Spoiler

reading this and the main story line = double happiness <3 

And here i thought that Lefiya is finally dead... A char that always needs to be rescued, though they know its dangerous and people die in this dungeon world... But at this level she still doesnt know her limits and tries to reach someone stronger without thinking.... So utterly foolish and unbelievable naiv... Loki, just tell her to go alone in the dungeon and fix that prob. Either she succeeds and is more of an adult or she dies trying, which would mean she wasnt fit to go in the dungeon. Or she can just stay behind on the surface and quit the adventure life. So she could do something useful.

yeah, know her limit ? strongest DPS in the world can one hit KO absolutely everything with long cast time.

but have no defend (always need protect / rescue).

what she need is confident in her ability

Oh, i rolled my eyes by Bell more than once too. But Bell is mostly trying to do it alone and can hurt only himself. Wouldnt have a prob if he died, cause he would definetly deserve it at that time. On the other hand, Lefiya isnt alone. She is in a bigger team. She is a higher level, should have way more xp, but she still acts like a level 1 adventurer on its first day. That stands for me "You arent qualified to be an adventurer and go with others. Go alone or leave." Thats why i wrote she should fix that alone, cause only so she can fix it. Told only she should stay in her comfort zone if she cant fix that prob. But not just that. Long story short: You didnt understand/read what i wrote. Well, reads like you only read the first and the last two sentences.

Do you even read the chapter 2 ? Do you even remember her weakness (long time cast)

Spoiler

Her mistake this time is she reckless want to help but forgot her DPS aggro the most, we don't even have tanker here to provoke and protect her.

And if we want to fix her lack confident problem, make her go dungeon as party to more and more impossible raid that everyone in a hopeless situation, can't do anything but rely on her ability to clear everything in 1 hit (like chapter 3)

this version of Ais-san is very very cute!! :D

In yet more news, it's been decided that Bell should die for trying to strive past his limits and be a hero. Yay, I love series that tell me to remain a pleb and never reach for something that's outside my comfort zone!

Oh, i rolled my eyes by Bell more than once too. But Bell is mostly trying to do it alone and can hurt only himself. Wouldnt have a prob if he died, cause he would definetly deserve it at that time. On the other hand, Lefiya isnt alone. She is in a bigger team. She is a higher level, should have way more xp, but she still acts like a level 1 adventurer on its first day. That stands for me "You arent qualified to be an adventurer and go with others. Go alone or leave." Thats why i wrote she should fix that alone, cause only so she can fix it. Told only she should stay in her comfort zone if she cant fix that prob. But not just that. Long story short: You didnt understand/read what i wrote. Well, reads like you only read the first and the last two sentences.

LOL, I spent three days (during work, with migraine) redrawing the last page of chapter 7. Now when I look at it's hard to even see that it's been redrawn. I'm too picky ;D

I'm...unsure as to where this is actually being pointed out. Do you mean here? Or in the main manga? And even then, I have not seen any message of that sort at all, in either manga.

I was sarcastically replying to the post I quoted that was to the tune of Lefiya deserving to die in Oratoria since she doesn't know her place, a sentiment I thought runs completely counter to the message and story of DanMachi and Oratoria.

In yet more news, it's been decided that Bell should die for trying to strive past his limits and be a hero. Yay, I love series that tell me to remain a pleb and never reach for something that's outside my comfort zone!

I'm...unsure as to where this is actually being pointed out. Do you mean here? Or in the main manga? And even then, I have not seen any message of that sort at all, in either manga.

In other news, after having read page 24 in chapter 7, my mind is made up, I must make Loki my wife!

"Spats" = Japanese term for "compression shorts"

http://global.rakuten.com/en/category/214762/

... But no idea in hell where that usage of the word comes from.

Spats generally can mean leggings of any sort. Spats was some kind of leg accessory like an ankle guard popular in Europe during the WWI-era, most military would issue spats or leggings as part of the uniform to keep all that trench mud from entering their shoes (Spats is short for Spatter Guards). When the Japanese got hold of this knowledge and clothing they mixed up the names and called leggings spats.

Hey guys, thanks for picking this up, I really enjoy this series, both the original and this spin-off and the work is truly appreciated by this myth loving geek :)

This is the second time in a scanlation I've seen "spats" used as a noun for something undergarment-related.  The only spats I know are fights and those things Uncle Scrooge wears on his feet.  Maybe I'm just ignorant?

"Spats" = Japanese term for "compression shorts"

http://global.rakuten.com/en/category/214762/

... But no idea in hell where that usage of the word comes from.

This is the second time in a scanlation I've seen "spats" used as a noun for something undergarment-related.  The only spats I know are fights and those things Uncle Scrooge wears on his feet.  Maybe I'm just ignorant?

All I know is this needs more Finn. There are lots of characters that need more love.

I'm really enjoying the simul story angle this one has.

Lefiya has a load of self doubt that Bell lacks, even though she must be far stronger than him at this point. I have a feeling her arc may involve a bit inspiration from watching this kid who is even further from Ais try and try. 

Lefiya is TOO much like a female Bell! Although I suppose her thoughts are dark and self deprecating "I'm not good enough to fight by Ais" versus Bell's happy go lucky "I'ma get STRONK and fight by Ais!". Still I hope they take this into a different direction. I rather like Lefiya (Elf fetish is part of it LOL) but I hope they do more with her character than just make her a dark genderbent Bell.

That plant monster was fcking terrifying though. It's a beast straight out of the darkest depths of H doujin hell.

Loki instinct is really sharp..

Loki sure is a flat washboard...though she is pretty cool

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics