Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.67 - 173votes)

Chihayafuru

Alt Names: alt ちはやふるalt จิฮายะalt Chihaya Fullalt Chihaya Furualt 花牌情緣alt 치하야후루alt Tutkulu
Author: Suetsugu Yuki
Artist: Suetsugu Yuki
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaJosei JoseiRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSlice of Life Slice of LifeSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Chihaya Ayase is a girl who has spent most of her life simply supporting her sister in her model career. That changes when she meets a boy named Arata Wataya, a talented karuta player. After becoming friends, he believes that Chihaya has potential to become a great player. As Chihaya takes on a new dream of becoming Japan's best karuta player, she is soon separated from her karuta playing friends as they grow up. Now in high school, Chihaya is reunited with her childhood friend, Taichi Mashima. Together, they form the Mizusawa Karuta Club. With her teammates and friends supporting her, Chihaya strives to become the best karuta player in the world and to one day be with Arata again.
Go to Chihayafuru Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Cuándo será traducido los seguientes capitulos al español ? New Window StephanieBR
  • 2 Replies
Topic Current Chapter Discussion / Spoilers New Window BowlOfNoodles
  • 3 Replies

555 Comments

Go Arata! Beat him down!

arata wearing a black kimono! so badass!

@Rizky Adhi Prasetyo: Chapter 48 is in the last episode of season 1 (25). Season 2 ends in chapter 93.

thanks for the info

@Rizky Adhi Prasetyo: Chapter 48 is in the last episode of season 1 (25). Season 2 ends in chapter 93.

emm

The anime is incredibly faithful to the manga and is currently far more ahead than the manga. IN addition, if you watch the anime, I'm sure you'll definately fall more in love with Chihayafuru. That's just how amazing of a job the animators and music directors put forth!! The anime is super awesome, so don't be afraid to watch it!!! 

emm i want to know.. if i watch the anime what eps should i start if i want to continue from ch 48??? coz i don't really want to watch what i have just read before at least 6 months 

Can someone else for the love of god pick this up. Tdx are totally trolling. Where are are chapter 106-108?? And why did they start at 89??? Why are you doing this to me tdx!!???

Just 2 more till 48!! Thanks for updating! :)

My eyes hurt reading ch 48, ms paint was early 2000, in 2013 it bad manners. Hope it will be redone with proper editing. 

Just 2 more till 48!! Thanks for updating! :)

Thank you sooooooooooooo much for the update, TDX and S.C.!!! I just love this manga and can't wait for more >///<

Whoa! Chihaya being mindful of Taichi's feelings for once. That's progress! Also, <3 Harada-sensei. He always seems to know the right words for the right situations.

Harada-sensei, so GAR

Where can I find the missing chapters??

Murao :(

1st comment on Batoto!  Love this series, so wanted to leave a big thank you to the groups scanlating this! 

Chi-- Chihaya, I really love youuuu!

And there goes chapter 45!! YAY!

Chapter 44.. FINALLY.

waiting for the anime to catch up to ch 89 T.T shouldnt take to long.. like 2-3 more episodes i think.. 

I can't read past 44 either.   I really dont watch many animes and I don't want to spoiler myself,  I really wish to actually read the chapters in the gap. 

The anime is incredibly faithful to the manga and is currently far more ahead than the manga. IN addition, if you watch the anime, I'm sure you'll definately fall more in love with Chihayafuru. That's just how amazing of a job the animators and music directors put forth!! The anime is super awesome, so don't be afraid to watch it!!! 

I can't read past 44 either.   I really dont watch many animes and I don't want to spoiler myself,  I really wish to actually read the chapters in the gap. 

ehh~ another chapter gap?<br />(edit: by that, i am referring to the gap in-between chapters 105-109)
@caverns

Chihayafuru Season 2 should get you up to the beginning of the TDX chapters (That is once it finishes).

Also, there are text summaries of the manga volumes from 43 to 73 here: http://keroberus-tea-room.blogspot.ca/
i just cant bring myself to read past 43.
Too much of a storyline gap to continue :(
@Findy Putra

Lazy Ass Scans scanlating normally, TDX started scanlating at where people thought the Anime was going to end but overshot their estimates, now they are roughly up to the current chapters. Second season of Chihayafuru anime should definitely get you up to the TDX chapters.
.........anyone know why there a huge chapter gap?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics