Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.62 - 487votes)

Silver Spoon

Alt Names: alt Cuchara de Plataalt 銀の匙alt Gümüş Kaşıkalt Gin no Sajialt 은수저alt Sølvskjealt الملعقة الفضية
Author: Arakawa Hiromu
Artist: Arakawa Hiromu
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyCooking CookingDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A young boy named Yugo Hachiken aspires to live apart from his family. He enrolls in an agriculture school, one which requires its students to live in dormitories. He thinks that with his talent for studying, no problems will arise no matter what kind of school he goes to. But he is soon forced to discover the inconvenient truth about agricultural life. Enjoy the story of Hachiken as he tries to keep up with his friends, farmers' heirs who are already accustomed to a hardworking farm life.

Won the 5th Manga Taisho Award.
Won the 58th Shogakukan Manga Award in the Shounen category.
Go to Silver Spoon Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Chapter 119 and 120 Discussion (spoilers) New Window toaster_slayer
  • 3 Replies
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion (Spoilers) New Window Liar
  • 316 Replies
Topic Chapter 83. Not the modern way of making sausage. New Window Haiyami
  • 8 Replies
Topic Character dynamics and postponed romance resolution New Window Argentus
  • 8 Replies

1490 Comments

Spoiler

My reaction to the new update!

Spoiler

Look at those eyes. She didn't even consider him because he didn't have meat. She destroyed him with no hesitation, the poor bastard.

Sense-Scans has released a new chapter of Silver Spoon!

Spoiler

the meat was savage!!

Hilarious as always. I'm gonna miss this manga when it ends.

Sense-Scans has released a new chapter of Silver Spoon!

Spoiler
It's resuming this August.

going back over the series, it's unfortunate and sad about the family illness for the author. Perhaps it's unrelated, but it may have been the reason the story essentially time skips a whole year without being an explicit time skip- it goes from winter of the first year after 80+ chapters all the way to the "four seasons" of the 3rd year in the latest chapter of 116 =( Lot of time spent on the horse club, but very little time on the food/farming/slice of life/school aspects that made the first year story line fun =(

Anyone know if the author's family situation has improved or if there are new chapters coming?

I'm sure the interviewer is misinterpreting Mikage on purpose to test her reaction. Let's see how she'll handle it (hopefully within this year).

By the way, as an Italian I can tell you that the "Italian pizza" foreigners refer to is usually the neapolitan pizza, which is by no means crispy. However, even in Italy how pizza is made varies a lot: if you go to Northern Italy you'll almost surely eat the crispy type, which is a totally different kind of pizza. It's funny because when people come to Naples to eat pizza, they sometimes are disappointed because they had pictured a totally different kind of food.

Just saw the live-action movie version.. its passable at least.. i do understand that they need to make it a super-condensed version of the manga. But i don't understand why they tone down the comedy element that makes the manga version a great read. The final product comes out as a dull teen movie.

It seems like Silver Spoon is on Break this week too.

I'm waiting for the Interview Result and Yoshino's reactions.

Let's see If this Chapter Include Christmas or not.

Ah yes, the common interviewing tactic of grilling the interviewed to purposefully make them nervous. An actual shitty tactic used in real life all over the world.

Chapter 116 The Four Seasons.

That last page and what a big meteor.

Mikage and Yoshino Both the Girls in Trouble for now.

These kind of questions are asked to interviewers often.

Let's see Whether Mikage Applies Logical Reasoing here ot goes with "I lOVE Horses" Speech.

Silver Spoon was on break last week. Waiting for this week Chapter.

Yeah, there are a whole ton of issues dealt with in the TPP.  Near as I can figure (although they've made seriously heroic efforts to stop anyone from finding out), the way nearly all of them are handled is toxic unless you happen to be a billionaire with a stake in a transnational corporation.

I did read one article on the TPP emphasizing agriculture, by a German legislator who got to look at it.  The problem is everyone who gets to look at it is sworn to secrecy, big time non-disclosure agreements.  Author got around it cleverly, said "I can't tell you what's in it, but nobody can stop me from saying what isn't in it.  And what isn't in it is anything to support what the boosters are saying it will do to help smaller agricultural producers."

Oh for fuck's sake I get enough of this TPP misinformation on reddit.

The full text is right here for everyone to see: https://ustr.gov/trade-agreements/free-trade-agreements/trans-pacific-partnership/tpp-full-text

No one is trying to sneak this through anything. In the US the text has to be publicly available for 90 days before Congress can even vote on it. The negotiations were secret for the same reasons all other international negotiations are secret.

Yes, there are arguments to be made against TPP (mostly IP stuff and access to medicine imo), but please argue with facts and not crazy conspiracy theories.

34g7iif.jpg

"Only when they ask dumb questions."

Or have horse like face/

I find it really funny that they reference the TPP in here, mostly because the most I hear about it is usually about its draconian copyright policies. Sometimes I forget that that is just a small part of what makes up the entire thing and there are other sections to it that while aren't necessarily well made, are very important issues to a global economy.

Yeah, there are a whole ton of issues dealt with in the TPP.  Near as I can figure (although they've made seriously heroic efforts to stop anyone from finding out), the way nearly all of them are handled is toxic unless you happen to be a billionaire with a stake in a transnational corporation.

I did read one article on the TPP emphasizing agriculture, by a German legislator who got to look at it.  The problem is everyone who gets to look at it is sworn to secrecy, big time non-disclosure agreements.  Author got around it cleverly, said "I can't tell you what's in it, but nobody can stop me from saying what isn't in it.  And what isn't in it is anything to support what the boosters are saying it will do to help smaller agricultural producers."

Sooo . . . he's interviewing for animal husbandry, and his basic approach is to diss the interviewees for liking animals.

wtf dat old man

I find it really funny that they reference the TPP in here, mostly because the most I hear about it is usually about its draconian copyright policies. Sometimes I forget that that is just a small part of what makes up the entire thing and there are other sections to it that while aren't necessarily well made, are very important issues to a global economy.

All those people calling a fictional character names over purposefully misinterpreting a sentence to get a response. Get a life.

34g7iif.jpg

Nah, I just dislike you~ (to the examiner)

34g7iif.jpg

"Only when they ask dumb questions."

(cuckfag pic here)

Holy fucking shit, what a jackass. How does one go from "I love animals" to "God, you must be an introvert and hate people." What a cuckfag.

hold your pizza...i mean horses guys, let's wait for the next chapter l3

34g7iif.jpg

Holy fucking shit, what a jackass. How does one go from "I love animals" to "God, you must be an introvert and hate people." What a cuckfag.

anyone notice that guy in horse costume creeping in the background?

Well that just when from 1-1000 really fast lol.

I mean who would like that they are gross, rude, and really illogical have you seem the offspring of that species?  On the other side just feed it take care of it and they will love you as long as they lived.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics