Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.67 - 173votes)

Chihayafuru

Alt Names: alt ちはやふるalt จิฮายะalt Chihaya Fullalt Chihaya Furualt 花牌情緣alt 치하야후루alt Tutkulu
Author: Suetsugu Yuki
Artist: Suetsugu Yuki
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaJosei JoseiRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSlice of Life Slice of LifeSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Chihaya Ayase is a girl who has spent most of her life simply supporting her sister in her model career. That changes when she meets a boy named Arata Wataya, a talented karuta player. After becoming friends, he believes that Chihaya has potential to become a great player. As Chihaya takes on a new dream of becoming Japan's best karuta player, she is soon separated from her karuta playing friends as they grow up. Now in high school, Chihaya is reunited with her childhood friend, Taichi Mashima. Together, they form the Mizusawa Karuta Club. With her teammates and friends supporting her, Chihaya strives to become the best karuta player in the world and to one day be with Arata again.
Go to Chihayafuru Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Cuándo será traducido los seguientes capitulos al español ? New Window StephanieBR
  • 2 Replies
Topic Current Chapter Discussion / Spoilers New Window BowlOfNoodles
  • 3 Replies

555 Comments

I love love love chapter 119, Chihaya, & TDX! The updates totally made my day (^^)
Whoa. I did not see that coming. I mean, man. This is not good my heart.

the cliffhanger!!! aah! fuck romance and everything! I just wan't to see how arata grow to be the best karuta player! XD

There is a missing page (21) in the chapter 118 (Harada slapping cards from Arata’s side again).

//EDIT: Solved

pretty obvious harada will win, the moment suou showed up, it's like he gets power boost from watching the person he want to take on so bad, arata want to fight Suou but not as badly as Harada.

This is getting fucking intense! I'm rooting for Arata though.

ahh... somehow the latest chapter makes me really want harada-sensei to fight and beat suou-meijin. But somehow, this chapter kinda ominous... Harada-sensei loses, Taichi gets really really slumped because of it and then gets back to his feet again. I'm really excited on what happens next!!!

My imagination is running wild again :D

So, let me get this straight. The place that has been teaching Chihaya, auditory prodigy of the century, is a place for the hearing-impaired?

I'm glad we get to know more about Hanada. He's really a man to be respected.

cliff-hanger pls stop

Oh, Suou, all sorts of creepy.

I wonder if the translators had to fight the urge to translate it as "My waifu" instead.

Ch 116 is the first time Suou and Chihaya actually meet, isn't it? They definitely didn't in the untranslated chapters (watched the second season of the anime and just read 106-108 raws) and I don't recall them meeting in any of the other chapters.

Highlight of the chapter:

Spoiler

Best page of chapter 117

Ah this is getting so intense~

still waiting for someone to translate 47- 89....  I am not going to read beyond 46 until they start translating those - can't they find the raws or something?

I would assume it's becuase they would rather spend their time with the new unseen stuff, rather than use it on whats already covered by season 2 of the anime. Personally i'm mostly annoyed by the lack of chapters 106-108.

Damn, if this were a battle shounen, it would be a big death flag for Harada.

Highlight of the chapter:
Spoiler

still waiting for someone to translate 47- 89....  I am not going to read beyond 46 until they start translating those - can't they find the raws or something?

"Arata no mama jya katenai"  -  "the way you're now you can't win".

I just love how Arata solves that problem^^

plus, the last page is sooo cute :3

Seeing Chihaya and Suou eating Snowmaru cookies (bread?) just fits so well. Not in a romantic sense but they're like... kindred spirits or something. Both of them are so goofy.

Chihaya's happily gobbling away with suou meijin after betraying her sensei!

I can't picture Suou-Meijin losing, not vs Arata, nor Harada-sensei.

By the way a kind soul made a summary of chapters 106 to 108, be sure to thank him.

ooooh! I got chills down my spine! the next match of arata's gonna be intense!

Seriously, what was Chihaya thinking?

Smart move by the veteran. He probably doesn't have the stamina to last three tough rounds. By skipping he gets a break, gets the reader he prefers, and wrecks Arata's mindset in one blow.

Although, Chihaya might ruin that last part.

I really want to see arata and suou-meijin fight in the meijin battle... but somehow, i can't dismiss the thought that harada-sensei will be meijin and will retire after being one (without defending his title)This way, arata and taichi will still have a shot against suou-meijin. in the queen match, i prefer megumu to fight against shinobu, but in the end, megumu will lose, since shinobu will be queen until she faces chihaya... oh well just a thought...

Chapter 113 seemed like it was a lot of fun for the mangaka to write.  XD

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics