Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.42 - 365votes)

Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru

Alt Names: alt 空手小公子こひなたみのるalt 空手小公子小日向海流alt 空手小霸王alt Karate Shôkôshialt Karate's Little Noble, Kohinata Minorualt KSKMalt Little Lord of Karate, Minoru
Author: Baba Yasushi
Artist: Baba Yasushi
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyMartial Arts Martial ArtsSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Kohinata Minoru is a college student at a college that is popular for its sports rather than academic orientation. He starts out as a gymnast alongside his friend, Nana, but is bullied by his gymnast seniors. One evening, a karate student at the college, Mutou Ryuuji, witnesses Minoru being bullied and comes to his rescue and drags him into the world of karate. Minoru makes new friends and learns some of their dark pasts, including a shocking death that reveals motives for revenge. (from Baka-Updates)
Go to Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Isn't it weird? New Window NamelessMapler
  • 16 Replies
Topic Pedro subplot WTF New Window destabilized
  • 0 Replies
Topic Find all cameos! New Window Gappy
  • 5 Replies
Topic Who is your favorite female? New Window paraquat
  • 10 Replies
Topic This Manga should be popular like One Peace, Bleach, Naruto New Window LKaLvIsS
  • 26 Replies
Topic Shinai vs Punches New Window 6nd6
  • 9 Replies

2590 Comments

ugh, with only 2-3 panels per page i feel robbed >.>. I get so into each chapter and its suddenly over...but there are more than 20 pages!! :/
That evil sadist is giving me the chills...
@purunporoppe, I did a double-take and Jesus, you were right. I'd have thought him a girl if his ridiculously sculpted pecs weren't staring me down.
Minoru your the best
I would like to see someone who would escape unharmed from a dropping kick from midair. If you calculate it, you should withstand a weight of over 200 kilos from the inertia with your bare hands. I did some karate for about a year so I know it.
Wait... did that bully use kagebunshin no jutsu on page 12?!
S-Shit-! Why is Minoru's crying face so damned cute!? D:>
sooo cute
Posted ImageWoooh Minoru, FIGHT!!!!!!!! Posted Image
Posted Imagehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btPJPFnesV4Posted Image
Someone shoulda told Minoru how much of an ultra-S Hamada is. Well, regardless of that, Hamada has several metric tons-worth more experience than Minoru. Also remember that this is considered an "amateur" tournament because of the small number of competitors and Hamada competes in the highest level national karate tournaments and wins regularly. If Minoru wins here i'll be disappointed at the mangaka. There's no way he should be able to win against this guy right now. That said, i hope Minoru is able to at least put up a little resistance against Hamada, otherwise this is going to be very painful to watch...

I suppose i should be thankful if Minoru comes out alive at this point though. >_>
poor Minoru... just when he thought that they were in equal terms, he almost got destroyed in 5 secs...
Someone offered a boner and didn't deliver.
Having had broken ribs and arm before. The ribs I could stand *will be different for each person* and wasn't much they could do about it besides pain meds and a body cast* body cast covered my chest and i could take it off... but it doesn't really do anything becuase of your breathing. My arm I didn't realise was broken until the next day. In all seriousness a spranged ankle felt worse lol.
That's quite a bully...
O.O

How the hell can he even STAND with broken ribs?!
Posted ImageMinoru!!!!!!!
"He's learned, grasped, and grown far beyond his time-limited rank as a green belt."

Not only that, he also has MC super-powers!

=^^=
@AlterReality, purunporoppe,
Thanks for the excellent points, I was just about to point those things out myself.

@badadsss,
I never argued the possibility that any green belt is capable of beating any black belt, but that a green belt may beat a black belt. The former would be far too unrealistic, as that would mean that any green belt would be capable of taking down a 10th dan--which I just don't see happening since that's as far as seniority in belt ranks will carry you. As AlterReality stated, there are 4th graders who have been exceptional in their studies, and have moved on to College-level courses, however. Which is the same in the case of Minoru. Consider the tools he has--purunporoppe pointed them out. Then consider his experiences: training with Mutou, fighting with a kendoka, fighting in a death match against a man many times his size and weight (who was also doped up on PCP, which, if you didn't know, makes you monstrously resistant and extremely strong), and fighting against higher level belts in the tournament. That's invaluable experience that challenged Minoru to step up his game, get tough, and get creative.

He's learned, grasped, and grown far beyond his time-limited rank as a green belt.
On the other hand, Minoru beating not just any black belt, but a champion would be fairly crazy.
@ badadsss

Having practised different forms of martial arts for a while, I can say that in saying
"As a karate practioner myself (green belt btw) me or any other green belt beating a black belt is unthinkable."
you either haven't been reading the manga carefully, or you're just very inexperienced.

Minoru is a green belt, but one who started with a strong acrobatic base, and learned very quickly under special training with Haruka and Mutou, and even more importantly he's had a lot of live fighting/sparring experience (armed 3rd dan kendouka, crazy American soldier named Kevin) to back up his knowledge of 'fighting'. He's a green belt because most karate schools in Japan promote based on time spent learning for basically everyone with a 'kyu'. It's a bit more serious once you reach 'dan', but as 'kyu' as long as you've put in the years you'll get the belt.

i.e. Minoru has only trained with Kaburagi the amount a green belt would have, but he's learned a lot outside of it. He's easily beyond the normal level of a green belt. (Actually, realistically even average 2nd and 3rd dan karateka would have trouble in a real fight, so Minoru really is quite a step above normal green belts).
cant a man get a boner at an inappropriate time without being called gay?
@ hamada getting a boner: it's just a fight-or-flight reaction. it's not that sexual. if you had a prolonged life-threatening situation(more than 30 seconds) where your survival is dependent on your next action, you'd probably get one too. afterwards you'll puke, poo and/or pee, or all at the same time.
Shit is about to start!!!
i think hamada and pedro could be a great couple... wait, should we add the genre to yaoi? :o

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics