Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.61 - 153votes)

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka Gaiden - Sword Oratoria

Alt Names: alt ダンジョンに出会いを求めるのは間違っているだろうか 外伝 ソード・オラトリアalt DanMachi Gaiden: Sword Oratoriaalt Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Sword Oratoriaalt 소드 오라토리아
Author: Oomori Fujino
Artist: Yagi Takashi
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyRomance RomanceShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: This is an adaptation of the Sword Oratoria side story light novels to Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka. It covers the story of one of the strongest 1st class adventurer, "Sword Princess" Ais Wallenstein, and her desire to reach even greater heights with her friends in the Loki Familia.

> Spin-off of Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/dungeon-ni-deai-wo-motomeru-no-wa-machigatteiru-darou-ka-r9803 )

Raw: http://www.ganganonline.com/contents/ais/
Go to Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka Gaiden - Sword Oratoria Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Bete's Character Development New Window LuckyVirgo
  • 2 Replies
Topic I'd rather read new chapters of the original than this spin-off, wouldn't you? New Window mancoo
  • 9 Replies

481 Comments

It's like how all SC2 Pros say they suck, and they keep trying hard but don't make progress...

All the while they're in the top 100 of the planet and would lose less than 1% of their games to anyone in their entire respective countries.

Because thats the nature of competition. The higher up you go; the less 'real' competitors you have, the more pronounced the gap. 

Going up from rank #5512345 to rank #5512344 isn't even worth mentioning. Going up from rank #5 to rank #4 is (video game) news worthy.

I would say she has imposter-syndrome. She's skilled but because being surrounded by so many strong fighters, she felt that she's actually weak and does not deserve to be part of the group. She basically undervalue her own skills.

It's like how all SC2 Pros say they suck, and they keep trying hard but don't make progress...

All the while they're in the top 100 of the planet and would lose less than 1% of their games to anyone in their entire respective countries.

Lefiya is terrible though, she's the exact opposite of Bell, since bell still isn't strong but have the will to progress while Lefiya is already strong but only knows hot to bitch about how "weak" she is (but isn't). It's like watching someone who was born ridiculously rich but bitch about being poor.

I would say she has imposter-syndrome. She's skilled but because being surrounded by so many strong fighters, she felt that she's actually weak and does not deserve to be part of the group. She basically undervalue her own skills.

I did not like this manga I did not read it and I did not give it 5 stars nor did I subed
And I do not like the group so **** this ****

No fucks given.

Another question, at the current timeline in this spinoff; are there no level 6s or higher? Not even Freya's lackey who is supposed to be the highest ranked?

The timeline is the same as the main story, only two lvl 6 that are known to readers are Ais and Ottar. There are more, just that they haven't been introduced yet.

I did not like this manga I did not read it and I did not give it 5 stars nor did I subed
And I do not like the group so **** this ****

If I'm not mistaken, the monster area goes downwards.

The upper areas have different uses, but some are used as gods' accommodation. Only rich ones, though. I recall Freya lives on the 50th floor or something.
I also seem to vaguely recall that Babel used to be smaller. It was built on top of the dungeon, but was destroyed by some gods who crashed when they descended. Thus, the gods rebuilt it to be as large as it is now.

Another question, at the current timeline in this spinoff; are there no level 6s or higher? Not even Freya's lackey who is supposed to be the highest ranked?

So Freya is the killer?

Something that is bugging me, does the dungeon go up or down? The manga mentions about going further underground but the anime displays like a tower of babel going up in the air?

If I'm not mistaken, the monster area goes downwards.

The upper areas have different uses, but some are used as gods' accommodation. Only rich ones, though. I recall Freya lives on the 50th floor or something.
I also seem to vaguely recall that Babel used to be smaller. It was built on top of the dungeon, but was destroyed by some gods who crashed when they descended. Thus, the gods rebuilt it to be as large as it is now.

Something that is bugging me, does the dungeon go up or down? The manga mentions about going further underground but the anime displays like a tower of babel going up in the air?

Below the ground are the dungeons. Above the ground, in the tower proper, are shops operated by the various familia.

So Freya is the killer?

Wait wait. Isn't Hestia, in Greek mythology, the daughter of Demeter? ^.- That would explain a few things. ;p

Ahhh, nope, sorry, I messed up. She's apparently a sibling of hers, along with the other first generation greek gods after the Titans. =/

Still kinda wish we could see more gods and goddesses. >.> :>

Wait, weren't gods prohibited or even incapable of entering the Dungeon? Though Hestia did in the 4-koma, it's hard to say how much you can take of that at face value.

That probably only counts if you get caught.

Wait, weren't gods prohibited or even incapable of entering the Dungeon? Though Hestia did in the 4-koma, it's hard to say how much you can take of that at face value.

Thank you, was waiting for this one :D, can't wait for the next one ~

......and suddenly chapter 9 is gone?

Magic!

......and suddenly chapter 9 is gone?

Well, she doesn't contribute because she waste too much time having monologues about how she's different from others, and the only two times she attacked they were instakill AOEs, so her problem only lies in her self-esteem.

I'm the same as her, I already max level and go for a lot of raid but still don't have confident to be a TEAM MAIN DPS, with limit break (need to be in critical condition 20% HP below and all my stats weapon, armor is craft for damage => no HP or DEF)

my damage is 10-15 times greater than other people but I'm what you call "Glass Cannon", 1 hit from any normal monter mean dead to me but at the same time I can 1HKO a lof of monters that everyone may take a long time to kill.

In any raid, I in top 3 contribute for monters and boss kill but also in top of need to revive a lot of time. (If in MOBA, I'm a feeder and a ADC)

I'm try and try but still can't do a PERFECT RAID (never get hit from any monter). And mean while in youtube there are a lot of Video of maniacs PERFECT RUN it they even try to shorten the time for that run.

If it's hard for you to under then just think about it like Final Fantasy VIII or X-2. (leave Squall at yellow HP or 1HP to use Renzokuken whenever you want, or X-2 Gunner with low HP can use a lot of trick to deal 9999 damage).

She's highly unprofessional for someone who dives so deep into the dungeon, that's for sure. I wonder what she actually did all the time as adventurer, if it wasn't improving her combat skills ... level grinding by blasting mobs with AOE, perhaps?

maybe she level up by going with party with her familia since young age or something.

and excuse me did you know a MOBA game name League of Legends ? (if you know then it easy to explain)

It like how you join a rank battle meet a Diamond or Platinum Rank but play like a noob and feed a lot make team lose.

Rank can gain by play long time but it don't make that player a professional.

Well, she doesn't contribute because she waste too much time having monologues about how she's different from others, and the only two times she attacked they were instakill AOEs, so her problem only lies in her self-esteem.

She's highly unprofessional for someone who dives so deep into the dungeon, that's for sure. I wonder what she actually did all the time as adventurer, if it wasn't improving her combat skills ... level grinding by blasting mobs with AOE, perhaps?

Well ... she's a elf (and a rather young one at that, it seems), so that might actually explain some things.

And ... compared to the physical abilities of monsters on the 49th floor (or that of her monster teammates who handle them pretty easily), she appears to be pretty weak (as it's hard for her to contribute at all in most of these short skirmishes that are over before she manages to actually do something ... and to be able to do something, she needs to be protected at the same time).

Lefiya is terrible though, she's the exact opposite of Bell, since bell still isn't strong but have the will to progress while Lefiya is already strong but only knows hot to bitch but "weak" she is (but isn't). It's like watching someone who was born ridiculously rich but bitch about being poor.

Well ... she's a elf (and a rather young one at that, it seems), so that might actually explain some things.

And ... compared to the physical abilities of monsters on the 49th floor (or that of her monster teammates who handle them pretty easily), she appears to be pretty weak (as it's hard for her to contribute at all in most of these short skirmishes that are over before she manages to actually do something ... and to be able to do something, she needs to be protected at the same time).

someone may angry about my comment this time but I want to state my option.

I finally found the my pair in this manga.

Lefiya x Ais.

Bell x Hestia.

I know how great Hestia is (Full Dere-Dere) but she only rank second, some people may hate how cold Ais is but I love her the most (cause I have a weak critical spot for Kuu-Dere).

Bell need to keep admire / respect / aiming for Ais so he can grow stronger and be a bad-ass.

Lefiya is already strong but she need to be more confident and know the RPG-party-role and fulfill it. (just like give a max level character and gear to a newbie player still don't make that player a pro)

And finally, I think Lefiya will somehow doing great as a pair with Ais.

(It's not like I pair Lefiya x Ais because I love yuri or anything, so don't get the wrong idea, okay ?

tumblr_m72uz4jm1l1rucc9wo1_500.gif?w=558

Lefiya is terrible though, she's the exact opposite of Bell, since bell still isn't strong but have the will to progress while Lefiya is already strong but only knows how to bitch about how "weak" she is (but isn't). It's like watching someone who was born ridiculously rich but bitch about being poor.

someone may angry about my comment this time but I want to state my option.

I finally found the my pair in this manga.

Lefiya x Ais.

Bell x Hestia.

I know how great Hestia is (Full Dere-Dere) but she only rank second, some people may hate how cold Ais is but I love her the most (cause I have a weak critical spot for Kuu-Dere).

Bell need to keep admire / respect / aiming for Ais so he can grow stronger and be a bad-ass.

Lefiya is already strong but she need to be more confident and know the RPG-party-role and fulfill it. (just like give a max level character and gear to a newbie player still don't make that player a pro)

And finally, I think Lefiya will somehow doing great as a pair with Ais.

(It's not like I pair Lefiya x Ais because I love yuri or anything, so don't get the wrong idea, okay ?

tumblr_m72uz4jm1l1rucc9wo1_500.gif?w=558

i find this more interesting than the original series.

somehow I dislike this Lefiya

I miss old-fashioned AD&D Clerics, with their plate armor and maces, smashing crap flat and healing like bosses. (I crushed your skull, but look! I didn't use an edged weapon, because I have ethics or something! This hammer is HOLY, you should be proud of your wounds, even if you don't survive!)

No glass cannons back then. Ah, the good old days. *Chases kids off of lawn.*

And thanks to One Time for keeping it up! I love this spin-off.

Actually clerics in things like Pathfinder still tend to be front-line second tier fighters who happen to be able to cast support magic. So its more of a delineation between video games and pen and paper games. Thanks to WoW, all video game designers tend to think of clerics as a class that should be able to heal, but wear wet tissue paper for defence and have no melee ability.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics