Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.68 - 161votes)

Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction

Alt Names: alt デッドデッドデーモンズデデデデデストラクションalt Ölü Ölü Şeytanın Yıyıyıyıyıkımıalt DDDDalt Dead Dead Demons Dededededestructionalt Dededede
Author: Asano Inio
Artist: Asano Inio
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaPsychological PsychologicalSchool Life School LifeSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A new series by Asano Inio (Oyasumi Punpun, Solanin) about the lives of two high school girls living in Tokyo after aliens have invaded. Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction is a self-styled dystopian slice-of-life that reflects on modern societal and political issues in Japan while still maintaining a sense of humor and frivolity.
Go to Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Thoughts on the Manga New Window ballinbaroque
  • 2 Replies
Topic Ontan Faces Thread New Window DerSteppenwolf
  • 4 Replies
Topic Chapter 31 Dedededevelopments Discussion New Window Bana
  • 1 Replies
Topic Humor's a Relief New Window wigjump
  • 1 Replies

363 Comments

Huh.  So under all that cynicism bro's just a big softie.

So did someone accidentally chapter 17?

No RAWs for now for Ch. 17 means the group can't release it.

For a summary see

From what I can get from reading translations of Japanese blogs impressions of ch. 17, SPOILER ALERT ABOUT THE CONTENTS OF CHAPTER 17, THE MISSING CHAPTER:

Spoiler
And that's it, a pretty short chapter it seems .

Also if anyone wanted the source on those spoilers see: http://soz.matchupp.com/?p=2384

So did someone accidentally chapter 17?

Somehow i haven't learned that Sci-fi and slice of life just don't mix, by the end of the day one of the 2 will be horribly neglected, that said this is a great slice of life manga, with cute girls and barely no Sci-fi at all, i feel like a hostage waiting to see what's the deal with the aliens, but deep down i know that will never happen.

It's realistic Sci-Fi. If aliens were to come to Earth and weren't actively killing people, it would be on the news for 2-3 weeks at most and then it will blow over as everybody gets back to their lives.

So much for writing a comfy manga about cute girls like K-ON, huh Asano?

Somehow i haven't learned that Sci-fi and slice of life just don't mix, by the end of the day one of the 2 will be horribly neglected, that said this is a great slice of life manga, with cute girls and barely no Sci-fi at all, i feel like a hostage waiting to see what's the deal with the aliens, but deep down i know that will never happen.

that's asano inio for sure, never let happiness be eternal

So this just means chapter 17 is literally skippable filler? just like almost everything that comes out of Ontan's mouth XD?

From what I can get from reading translations of Japanese blogs impressions of ch. 17, SPOILER ALERT ABOUT THE CONTENTS OF CHAPTER 17, THE MISSING CHAPTER:

Spoiler
And that's it, a pretty short chapter it seems .

That's .... hurts...

all of the comments looks dazzling when my heart is broken..

Maybe the art on Oyasumi Punpun evolved in later volumes?

Not really, it gets weirder actually.

Try reading it again, it's all I can tell you.

D:

Huh.  The odd thing is, I tried reading Oyasumi Punpun and I just couldn't.  And I don't normally care much about art, but a good part of what blocked me was the art style.  I respected it, both the art and the content, but the insistent, deliberate ugliness, almost grotesquerie, of the characters was too effective at creeping me out and I couldn't handle it.  You might say it did its job too well.

Whereas I quite like the art on this one.  It seems quite different to me.  Maybe the art on Oyasumi Punpun evolved in later volumes?

the art style is pretty much the same, the character design in this manga, is just a lot more cartoonish compared to punpun or a girl by the sea

Are you sure that's not just a typo? The two chapters fit perfectly. And the animated logo is neat ;D

We don't have ch17 raws. Thanks to Zakudono, we have 18/19, but nothing else (for now)

I'm trying to figure out whether the aliens themselves ever actually kill anyone, you know, by doing stuff like attacking and shooting death rays and stuff as opposed to by crashing on people when they get shot down.  Damn weird invasion, and of course the powers that be never seem to ask any questions about just what the invaders are trying to do.  Well, who needs to know your enemy when you can exploit his mere existence for political gain?

There have been no reports of the aliens killing any humans except by "accident" where UFOs fall down from the sky.

I'm trying to figure out whether the aliens themselves ever actually kill anyone, you know, by doing stuff like attacking and shooting death rays and stuff as opposed to by crashing on people when they get shot down.  Damn weird invasion, and of course the powers that be never seem to ask any questions about just what the invaders are trying to do.  Well, who needs to know your enemy when you can exploit his mere existence for political gain?

I tried getting into Punpun many times, but it was just too strange, too uncomfortable. However I enjoy this one a lot.

After reading Oyasumi Punpun, then several other manga by other artists, and then this one, this artist's style makes me feel so comfortable for some reason. Like eating your mother's food again after a long, long time away from home.

Huh.  The odd thing is, I tried reading Oyasumi Punpun and I just couldn't.  And I don't normally care much about art, but a good part of what blocked me was the art style.  I respected it, both the art and the content, but the insistent, deliberate ugliness, almost grotesquerie, of the characters was too effective at creeping me out and I couldn't handle it.  You might say it did its job too well.

Whereas I quite like the art on this one.  It seems quite different to me.  Maybe the art on Oyasumi Punpun evolved in later volumes?

Are you sure that's not just a typo? The two chapters fit perfectly. And the animated logo is neat ;D

So this just means chapter 17 is literally skippable filler? just like almost everything that comes out of Ontan's mouth XD?

yissss, update
b-but 17 is missing :/

you know out of all the things I've gotten used to from japan and their mangas I'm always surprised at some of the ridiculous titles.

yissss, update
b-but 17 is missing :/

I believe the gender identity situation was confirmed as a misunderstanding.  He said he wished for a sex-change, but seems to haven been kidding. People have said such things in a light-hearted fashion, just exaggerating little envies.  But nowadays, with gender identity being the popular issue it is, such talk is often taken quite seriously.  Especially in the West. 

I don't think that this particular interview seemed like the place to insert a "coming out." 

I feel that Asano's gender identity shouldn't be of much interest until he chooses to say something.  It would only be of some importance to the outside world if he wants to talk about how it has affected his work.

Thank you for saying this. I forget which one it was, but I read an interview with Asano where he confirmed that the rumour of him wanting to be transgender was due to a comment he made about how much fun he thought it would be to be a girl, which was kind of the inspiration for wanting to write a manga about cute girls doing cute things (i.e. Dead dead demon's de dedede destruction).

(and no he does come out as transsexual here either :( )

I believe the gender identity situation was confirmed as a misunderstanding.  He said he wished for a sex-change, but seems to haven been kidding. People have said such things in a light-hearted fashion, just exaggerating little envies.  But nowadays, with gender identity being the popular issue it is, such talk is often taken quite seriously.  Especially in the West. 

I don't think that this particular interview seemed like the place to insert a "coming out." 

I feel that Asano's gender identity shouldn't be of much interest until he chooses to say something.  It would only be of some importance to the outside world if he wants to talk about how it has affected his work.

By the way, another Asano Inio interview:

https://mangabrog.wordpress.com/2015/03/18/inio-asano-and-daisuke-igarashi-on-getting-started-in-the-manga-industry/

(and no he does come out as transsexual here either :( )

>>1

Pics or it didn't happen

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics