Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.63 - 404votes)

It's Not My Fault That I'm Not Popular!

Alt Names: alt 私がモテないのはどう考えてもお前らが悪い!alt It's Not My Fault That I'm Not Popular!alt WataMote
Author: Tanigawa Nico
Artist: Tanigawa Nico
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Kuroki Tomoko is a super popular, high school girl, who has had 50 years of dating experience, and 100 boys... in the Otome game world. In the real world, she is a 15 year old shut in, who has all of the qualities of a "mojo."

However, when school isn't going as she expected, and she isn't as popular as she had thought she was, she takes a look at herself in the mirror for the first time in a few years, and has some shocking revelations...

Spin-offs:

> It's Not My Fault That My Friend's Not Popular.
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/its-not-my-fault-that-my-friends-not-popular-r8377 )

> Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaete mo Omaera ga Warui! Anthology
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/watashi-ga-motenai-no-wa-dou-kangaete-mo-omaera-ga-warui-anthology-r10477 )
Go to It's Not My Fault That I'm Not Popular! Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Would you date the MC? New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 8 Replies
Topic Ucchi(Emoji-Girl) is getting way out of hand New Window TheEmojiFaceUcchi
  • 3 Replies
Topic Thus, I reviewed It's Not My Fault That I'm Not Popular! New Window Swifft
  • 2 Replies
Topic Kuroki's lesbian harem New Window fekalist
  • 12 Replies
Topic Watamote favorite girls New Window Roxis
  • 6 Replies
Topic who's more of a creep(yandere) the Emoji-Girl or Tomoko's cousin? New Window AndreaSuprema
  • 1 Replies

2046 Comments

I'll think that they are bringing back all the people she knows into this class because they want to her to confront her actions at the start of the manga. That's why they brought back fist-bump-girl (2) and the self-introduction scene.  

Any one is watching this season anime called "the spiritual successor"of watamote, net-juu no susume?

Yeah, let's jump to conclusions.

The story has kind of been building up to this for a while. And never underestimate capability of mangas to jump the shark. Especially unusual/"indie" ones.

W-was Tomko always this sexy?

What a great start to their third year,and man what a way to start by getting some development at the same time! Many good and interesting things to look forward to,it’s a shame Emoji Girl isn’t in their class anymore,but I guess that will make her become the real stalker now that they’re not in the same class (I mean her and Tomoko),Nemo was what surprised me the most thought the chapter as she now seems really interested in Tomoko(not in a romantic way) since she seems to have grown to respect her by being her true self and not pretend like Nemo does,I guess that’s why she kinda felt bored or dissatisfied with Tomoko seemingly becoming “a normal girl” which to her surprise Tomoko still does her weird sh*t which would make one cringe,yet that pushes Nemo to actually get tired of pretending about being someone else,even if she did that she’s still afraid of being ostracized by her friends and end up becoming a loner like Tomoko,even though I at first thought of that statement of “pro loner” at first I don’t think she meant it in a bad way,as we know she was a literal loner for almost two years in which Nemo did see her being excluded because of her weirdness and being herself. Either way now I’ll just say that it was cute at the beginning seeing Yuri being worried about not being in the same class as her new friends (so sweet!).

And there it is. What these past six years of suffering have all been building up to.

Spoiler

Keep fighting the good fight, you little sperglord.

In some schools in Japan, the homeroom teachers decide who goes to which class. The teacher probably do this on purpose to "help" Tomoko like usual.

True, but I was thinking more about Komi-chan, Komi-chan's friend, the fat guy, and (I think) glasses guy Kiyota's friend who was in a different class in year 2 (e.g. ch. 97). And maybe Emoji Girl #2, I just can't quite remember if we've seen her before…

Wow, Yuri's smile at page 3 is one of the most heartwarming thing I've seen in a while. 

Now, THIS is what I call development.

Hell yeah!

Were there always two emoji girls?

• In a way, it feels a bit forced when almost everyone is in the same class (even the teacher's the same), but it's a good idea for increasing opportunities for both jokes and character development.

In some schools in Japan, the homeroom teachers decide who goes to which class. The teacher probably do this on purpose to "help" Tomoko like usual.

Now, THIS is what I call development.

I for one loved the latest chapter. There are so many things going on!

• Yuri! She has to brace herself when looking at the class listings, and then: a sigh of relief seeing she's with Mako and thus not alone, and a smile(!) seeing she's with Tomoko and Yoshida! I'm happy for her.
  • Komi-chan! She's a bit conflicted about being in the same class as Tomoko. How will Tomoko's middle school "friend" mix things up?
  • Fang Girl! The girl who's friends with Mako but not with Mako's friend Yuri, how will she handle being separated from her friends? Will she and Yuri learn to tolerate each other? It can be a chance for Yuri to show growth and take the first step.
  • Make-Up Girl! She has a name! She seems like a nice girl. Keep doing Tomoko's makeup, Asuka-chan!
  • Yoshida! And now we know her full name as well.
  • Komi-chan's friend! She remembers Tomoko being weird at the entrance exam, maybe that's the start of another acquaintance?
  • Nemoto! What's this? She seems a bit displeased about not being the only one who knows the pre-high school Tomoko. What is it about our gloomy heroine that make people (well, at least two of them) so possessive? Speaking of which…
  • EMOJI! On the one hand, it'll be sad not to have her in the same class, on the other hand her childish tantrum is so fucking golden. Being "replaced" by Emoji Girl #2 is both a funny joke and something that might spur Ucchi into action.
  • Hatsushiba! (In the raws she calls him "Andō", maybe it's a reference to some fat celebrity?) The guy who drew that bishōjo manga portrait of Tomoko, which made Tomoko think he was in love with her, when he was actually just a disinterested jerk. And Komi-chan thought that Tomoko was in love with him. So, oh my god, what if Komi-chan still thinks so and decides to "help" Tomoko? I'm empathically embarrassed already!
  • In a way, it feels a bit forced when almost everyone is in the same class (even the teacher's the same), but it's a good idea for increasing opportunities for both jokes and character development.
  • Tomoko has turned into a real manga heroine: her seat is in the back row by the window!
  • And then Nemoto spurs Tomoko into giving a weird introduction again. (Nice throwbacks when Tomoko remembers earlier embarrassments to put things in perspective. Good, Tomoko! Let your shame become your strength! Then nothing can hurt you!) Nemoto really respects that Tomoko can be her weird self in spite of social expectations, and it gives her courage. Tomoko makes a positive difference! I can kinda understand the criticism, but I think it's a good thing. Tomoko is a weird loner, but we're shown that even she can become a net positive, and that's a more encouraging message than the alternatives.

I'm so excited for the final year.

Is this how it feels to see your kid grow up?

Tomoko's third year looks like going to be ... interesting.

Spoiler

None of her classmates seems to care "that much" about that weird introduction. I guess they are used to tomoko's autistic shit already.

She ranked up to Sperglord.

the cringe is back.

None of her classmates seems to care "that much" about that weird introduction. I guess they are used to tomoko's autistic shit already.

Geting friends has been achieved in 2nd year this year her aim is getting a boyfriend.

We still have a long way to go guys

Funniest chapter in while ! Rofl

>tfw destiny wants to keep you away from your waifu 4 laifu

Seriously? You're going to try and make it into some kind of "fuck-up Tomoko indirectly helps classmates achieve their shit with her fuck-upness"?

Deplorable.

Yeah, let's jump to conclusions. Billy, get me pitchfork and torch! Clearly we can tell everything about the future of the story from this one situation. Considering we know Nemo is and has been a bitch to Tomoko, who is very easy to bait, and that Tomoko has grown a lot for a while now, it seems silly to jump to the conclusion you did.

Seriously? You're going to try and make it into some kind of "fuck-up Tomoko indirectly helps classmates achieve their shit with her fuck-upness"?

Deplorable.

page 2 cover

dat ass

She grew up so much

Poor Ucchi.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics