Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.72 - 848votes)

Berserk

Alt Names: alt ベルセルクalt Beruserukualt Берсеркalt برسرک
Author: Miura Kentaro
Artist: Miura Kentaro
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureAward Winning Award WinningDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHorror HorrorPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Guts, known as the Black Swordsman, seeks sanctuary from the demonic forces attracted to him and his woman because of a demonic mark on their necks, and also vengeance against the man who branded him as an unholy sacrifice. Aided only by his titanic strength gained from a harsh childhood lived with mercenaries, a gigantic sword, and an iron prosthetic left hand, Guts must struggle against his bleak destiny, all the while fighting with a rage that might strip him of his humanity.
Go to Berserk Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Looking for chapters New Window ZonedIn
  • 2 Replies
Topic Favorite Berserk moments New Window Bananimal
  • 11 Replies
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window Black
  • 24 Replies
Topic Falconia theory New Window MrAnarchist
  • 7 Replies
Topic berserk after chapter 95 New Window skules
  • 4 Replies
Topic The dark haired child New Window Tomlord
  • 3 Replies

841 Comments

"When the Sun has died five times, a red lake will appear at the West of the city with a name both new and ancient, and it will be the sign that the fifth angel, the Falcon of Darkness, is born. The Angel shall be both master of the sinful black sheep and king of the blind white ones. He is the one who shall bring an age of darkness upon the world."

Also Griffith a shit. He's the one who fucked up the world.

When a man has power, he will be corrupt and change his dream to be more powerful.

You're generalizing you know. That doesn't hold true for everyone. And Griffith still has stated even after he turned into a god hand that it'll always be his dream. It's the exact reason he became a god hand. I doubt he'd just give it up. He gave up everyone and everything he used to hold dear just to see his dream pass. I seriously doubt he'd ever willingly give it up. 

dayyuuuummm.. new chapter!!

Oh my god.  I almost cried when I saw that this was back...  But I'm so conflicted with the following thoughts I'm having.

Spoiler

Sorry for the stream of consciousness, I couldn't help but write all that.

What's next, a Hunter x Hunter chapter ?

I laughed and cried at the same time while I read this.  Probably the most traumatic face I've ever made, thanks to the nature of the two authors of two of my favorite manga of all time.  Kudos to Idolm@ster and Dragon Quest for the effect they've had on Miura and Togashi respectively.  (I'm kidding.)

There is a place that can GUARANTEE you food, water, shelter and safety as long as you are there IF you're willing to sacrifice your freedom. Its called PRISON.

Safety in prison? Huh, you must be from Falconia.

granma_new_chapter.jpg

What's really crazy is a started reading this in the year 2000... Almost 15 years ago!!.. I was 12.. now I am 26.. GOnna be REALLY old by the time this finishes... Or maybe the AUthor will even die before he finishes it LOL

granma_new_chapter.jpg

It's more than obvious how this will go from here on out... Author will portray Griffith as this great Hero and he is doing all these great things and making things better.. And then of course things will slowly come to light that Griffith is really evil and then thats when Guts comes and whoops Griffith's pretty boy ass!... The End!

What's next, a Hunter x Hunter chapter ?

Really? I think Griffith plans to keep everything like this. He's always said that his absolute dream in life was to have his own kingdom. The greatest kingdom. That was the exact reason why he gave up the band of the hawk in the first place. I doubt he would just throw this away. The kingdom he has now is pretty much the greatest kingdom on the earth and in history. 

When a man has power, he will be corrupt and change his dream to be more powerful.

Now I am really worried.

Not only Rickert but also Luca is in a city with apostles and Griffith.

There is a slightly chance that the bastard just rules his "perfect city". After all he and his friends already did mass genocide by making most of the world inhabitable to common people forcing them to count on him.

next chapter is slated for May 23rd.. and I saw the preview of this chapter in September 2013 or something, so maybe it was just laying around on Muira's desk until he decided to finish it up with a filler bath scene.. May 23rd is good anyway, better late than never and the city was nice. Thanks Miura and Evil Genius

I thought Rickert would be more shocked after learning the truth from Guts, and that he would resent Griffith. But he's still acting like that guy is some hero, like he doesn't consider the sacrifice to be significant.

Spoiler

Glad the series is back and hoping for an ending that doesn't give me bipolar disorder :)

"till next time"

Again? @&$@§

It pisses me off. The fact that it is someone like Griffith who is the one hailed as a hero, and it is Guts, who is considered a villain.

Griffith unified humanity, he defeated the evil people, and save so much. But he is....

And Guts. He saves people who he is able to save. But in order to have his revenge, he would need to kill many innocents. My hope now is that Guts would forget his revenge. It would be better for Casca and him.

Spoiler

It pisses me off. The fact that it is someone like Griffith who is the one hailed as a hero, and it is Guts, who is considered a villain.

Griffith unified humanity, he defeated the evil people, and save so much. But he is....

And Guts. He saves people who he is able to save. But in order to have his revenge, he would need to kill many innocents. My hope now is that Guts would forget his revenge. It would be better for Casca and him.

Spoiler

Really? I think Griffith plans to keep everything like this. He's always said that his absolute dream in life was to have his own kingdom. The greatest kingdom. That was the exact reason why he gave up the band of the hawk in the first place. I doubt he would just throw this away. The kingdom he has now is pretty much the greatest kingdom on the earth and in history. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Why is it every time there is a release I have to re-read the series? Not really a bad thing...but 330+ is a lot man!

I'm seriously hoping that he doesn't go on hiatus anymore. The guy's getting too old for that. If he goes on another hiatus it could be permanent. Like this story seems nowhere near finished and he's nearly 50 already. He definitely won't be able to keep working to a schedule as he gets older. He needs to finish this within like the next 5-10 years. And considering it's not even 20% done he's still got a ton to go. 

For people wondering what I think is missing I'll list here. 

1. The whole skull knight backstory and his connection to the god hand primarily the brain one. 

2. There's absolutely almost no details yet on the other members of the god hand and how Guts plans to kill them. (This I think would comprise about 40% of the story if he plans to elaborate at all.)

3. There's still the whole stuff about Griffith. Everything about him will make up the rest of the story and should finish up all the details and loose ends not covered by the other members of the god hand) 

Well that's all but there's a huge amount of content just contained within these three points that most definitely should be covered in my opinion. If you feel otherwise please elaborate. But I still wish him all the best. 

Now we just need to get more than four releases before Miura goes full hiatus again.

Fucking hell.... Well, okay. See you all in 2018 (I'd rather start waiting now).

YES. I FUCKING LOST IT WHEN LUCA CAME BACK

Bro-tier woman.

Now we just need to get more than four releases before Miura goes full hiatus again.

Quick! How long until the next Idol-Master game comes out? We only have steady chapters until they release a new one and we go back to a hiatus.

Ah, a Berserk update!  Time to read the end of the last chapter and find out what was happening again. 

YES. I FUCKING LOST IT WHEN LUCA CAME BACK

Bro-tier woman.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics