Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.67 - 173votes)

Chihayafuru

Alt Names: alt ちはやふるalt จิฮายะalt Chihaya Fullalt Chihaya Furualt 花牌情緣alt 치하야후루alt Tutkulu
Author: Suetsugu Yuki
Artist: Suetsugu Yuki
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaJosei JoseiRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSlice of Life Slice of LifeSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Chihaya Ayase is a girl who has spent most of her life simply supporting her sister in her model career. That changes when she meets a boy named Arata Wataya, a talented karuta player. After becoming friends, he believes that Chihaya has potential to become a great player. As Chihaya takes on a new dream of becoming Japan's best karuta player, she is soon separated from her karuta playing friends as they grow up. Now in high school, Chihaya is reunited with her childhood friend, Taichi Mashima. Together, they form the Mizusawa Karuta Club. With her teammates and friends supporting her, Chihaya strives to become the best karuta player in the world and to one day be with Arata again.
Go to Chihayafuru Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Cuándo será traducido los seguientes capitulos al español ? New Window StephanieBR
  • 2 Replies
Topic Current Chapter Discussion / Spoilers New Window BowlOfNoodles
  • 3 Replies

555 Comments

OK, I just have to say this before the situation develops any further. For me, Chihaya, Taichi and Arata are the ultimate OT3, and I would be equally happy and disappointed if she ends up with any of them. And even more disappointed if any of the two guys end up with some other girl than Chihaya.

And I can't believe that I created an account on Batoto just to write this.

Either or in the end I believe with this one. One's going to get the girl and the other one's going to win the title. Of course if Taichi is still acting like an immature douchebag then Arata can win both imo.

What are you smoking? Taichi has been playing the Nice Guy™ role for pretty much the entire manga. Hell he even pulled Arata out of the latter's I-don't-need-friend emo phase.

oh Suou-san why r u so hot <3 :3

*but still...I'm sad to see Taichi n Chihaya is getting further away T_T*

Either or in the end I believe with this one. One's going to get the girl and the other one's going to win the title. Of course if Taichi is still acting like an immature douchebag then Arata can win both imo.

Please, please, anyone but Arata with Chihaya! PLEASE!

132 was good.

Anyone know if the raws for 132 has been released yet?

It's the same with godly direction and an awesome OST, just go watch the anime already.

It also helps if you aren't a native Japanese speaker to hear the way the cards are read and everything, to give you the mood and atmosphere. The anime is far more immersive.

So no more hope for Taichi x Chihaya?

/cryinginthecorner

I feel you, bro.

2397226-4560216958-tumbl.gif

Man, Taichi just can't catch a break.

I'm going to feel really really bad if Harada loses...

AWWW and I'm kind of happy.. there's going to be a blast between karuta players fighting for chifu ^^

the moment taichi enters has such a nice atmosphere.....................
but then the next page arata appears...............................

A++ cockblock

I stopped reading Chihayafuru a long time ago (around the time the second anime was out; I loved it back then, I just don't remember why I stopped), and then I read the latest chapter today. When Arata appeared at the end of the chapter, I thought to myslef, "Woah, the ship tease is still strong in this one."
I mean, a hundred (skipped) chapters later, my shipper heart is still tormented...

@Sakuratea LOL good one

Still on hold for me until they scan the missing chapters, and please don't tell me just to watch the anime, I'm sure it's different-  they always are.

Don't see the anime. You won't see Chihaya, you will see
Spoiler

I'm going to feel really really bad if Harada loses...

NO way .. who is soooo impish to leave a clivff in that important a moment AAWWW *tears away her hair and tosses around the room*

Still on hold for me until they scan the missing chapters, and please don't tell me just to watch the anime, I'm sure it's different-  they always are. 

It's the same with godly direction and an awesome OST, just go watch the anime already.

It's actually a really faithful adaptation that even portrayed some chapters even better(childhood arc)... You really won't miss anything out, trust me on that. The soundtrack just made everything godly.

It's actually a rare case where it's almost completely identical.

A chibi fellow Potterhead, how cute!

I'm feeling kind of sorry for Suou now (but I'm still rooting for sensei though).

i always thought the first one to win 2 matches is the winner but, is it different for the meijin challenge?

Yes, it's different, because women play 3 matches and men 5 matches. In Queen's matches a person has to win two matches but in Meijin's matches a person has to win three times.

i always thought the first one to win 2 matches is the winner but, is it different for the meijin challenge?

Well, Chihaya was just remembering Arata's confession - it's not like she confessed back to him.

I really wish the author would introduce a new heroine for either Taichi or Arata - I'd be perfectly fine with either ending up with Chihaya, but if Taichi loses and all that's left for him is that shallow bint Hanano, I will rage.

Rather than a new heroine, I'd love to see Shinobu with Arata :3 (And Chihaya with Taichi ofcourse)

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics