Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.17 - 116votes)

Sword Art Online - Aincrad

Alt Names: alt ソードアート・オンライン アインクラッドalt ソードアートオンラインalt SAOalt Sword Art Online
Author: Kawahara Reki
Artist: Nakamura Tamako
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaFantasy FantasyRomance RomanceShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The only way to escape is to ‘clear’ the game. Game over means actual ‘death’ —-The ten thousand who have logged onto the as of yet mysterious game ‘Sword Art Online’ have been forced into this perilous death game.Protagonist Kirito, one of the many gamers, has greeted this ‘truth’. He plays as a solo player in the giant castle that is the stage for this game —- ‘Aincrad’. To meet the conditions of clearing the game — getting through all 100 floors, Kirito fights his way through this quest alone.

Sequel:

> Sword Art Online - Fairy Dance
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/sword-art-online-fairy-dance-r8401 )

Alternate Story:

> Sword Art Online - Progressive
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/sword-art-online-progressive-r9604 )

Related:

> Sword Art Online. (4-koma)
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/sword-art-online-r4433 )
Go to Sword Art Online - Aincrad Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Some background info you won't find in manga and anime New Window Harbinger
  • 1 Replies
Topic SAO Image Pack + episode downloads New Window Palolo
  • 0 Replies
Topic Question about what happens during the second game. New Window Oblivion0117
  • 4 Replies

169 Comments

In the LN, I didnt like the ALO or.. GGO? Volumes as much as the SAO one. they were good, but in my opinion the SAO arc was simply a masterpiece. Im a fanboy of MMOs, so it really touched my heart. Thats like my ultimate fantasy, right there (besides the whole you die here you die in real life part).

SAO is awesome. They need to make an MMO based on it IRL and release it EVERYWHERE.
@FudgeNouget
I too hope that ALO is included, but lets wait and see, I really do hope that i wrong.
@Lordman,

Wait wait wait...
"they need that to allow the author creates more chapters"

wtf are you talking about LOL
SAO S1 is gonna have 25 episodes... there are 10 light novel volumes out right now... waht do you mean author needs to make more chapters.. have you read the LN?
@A.E ✰, Lordman

My thoughts exactly, all that's left is more Yui story to end, the fishing story (1 ep) then it's the 75th floor boss... there's no way it'll take more than 10+ episodes even with all the side stories (side stories were already covered too).

But then again.. I don't think 10-ish episodes is gonna cover the ALO arc since it was 2 volumes in LN.... we'll see.. xD
@Lordman so you're saying they're going to have 7-10 filler episodes? becos' the ending of the aincrad arc in the anime is just around the corner.. its much more plausible that the ALO arc will also be included. >.>
@FudgeNouget
the main problem is that they are also creating the side story in the anime too, because of this is very likely that the anime focus would the first arc only, also expect fillers, they need that to allow the author creates more chapters, so they can create more anime.
@Lordman,
Actually at the pace the anime is going, the ALO arc will start in about 3-ish episodes so the first season will probably cover the SAO and ALO arc.

Hopefully there will be more seasons and it'll cover all the way up to the Alicization arc... speaking of which where is Vol10 ch4 T.T
@Expers the ALO is the second arc after they leave the game Sword Art Online, the anime is based only o the first arc SAO, but I heard rumors about a second season.
that was a disgusting fan picture.
Spoiler ending for SAO :
Spoiler
So... without too much detail (no spoilers please) when does ALO start or is it just a side story or. . . ?

@brunozpnobre

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Sword_Art_Online

I strongly dislike you, that link ^ . . . now I'll loose much sleep due to reading, your evil.
I like both the manga and the anime cuz the anime is like the flashback arc that the manga will have later it seems to me cuz when it skip 2 yeas in the future is was thinking thats quit a big skip.
After watching the anime, I can't bring myself to continue reading this... ==

I'm not sure why :\
Why the third volume? I mean I would had liked seeing the third story of volume 8 for episode 2, but other than that I don't see anything wrong with how they are organizing the story. Though I do hope they make some of the stories that they will probably not get to (like Rondo of the Transcient Sword or the continuation of Aria in the Starless Night) as OVAs.
Who else thinks that the anime should've started from the third volume of the LN series
Just want to say, I haven't watched the anime yet in fear this is a tragic, sad interpretation of VRMMO like .hack or RealPG, but apparently the tone here is light and much happier. I just finished reading the first 4 volumes of the light novel, which is the first two arcs, and highly recommend the story.

I picked up 3 random pages of the manga though, and my head hurts from the art. It's kinda cute but recently manga/anime artwork vastly improved, so I guess I'm just not used to this.. but I guess it's not only me.
its not that the art sucks. the artist is just piss poor at drawing the right expressions on the chrs faces for whatever situation they are in. and keeps making the eyes rounder.
Sucks compared to the LN and the anime.
Really, I planned to struggle through this but it's getting harder each chapter to tolerate the art...damn shame too since the LN's awesome
Well I hope they'll at least show the good parts next chapter...
Why?? Even the ones who draw doujinshis do much better than this.... Why????????
those eyes...
This is not a shoujo.
those eyes...
This is not a shoujo.
Next is the sex... lol. When I heard SAO was coming out for the anime, I began reading the manga. At first I thought the art was ok... After finishing the chapter where it stopped at, I was impatient and began reading the LN. Then the anime came out, so I watched that. Some of the stories were rushed, but it was still pretty good. Then when the recent chapter came out for the manga, I read it..... and you know what... the art sucks... I don't mind that they did a manga for the LN, but the art is kind of bad. Well, if you compare it to the LN and the anime.
Oh well, I say the art is kind of more cuter than I similar to the LN.
I knew that pig faced asshole was an enemy.
I've read the novel. I've seen the anime. It feels like there's no effort in this piece. The art style is really bugging me. This is a manga, so the art has to be good, right? You already have the light novel as the material so you can't really mess up, story wise. So why is the art, so not good??

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics