Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.62 - 239votes)

Toaru Kagaku no Railgun

Alt Names: alt A Certain Scientific Railgun
Author: Kamachi Kazuma
Artist: Fuyukawa Motoi
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyMecha MechaMystery MysterySchool Life School LifeSci-fi Sci-fiShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The story is set in a world where supernatural powers exist through science, and magic exists through religion.

Academy City is home to 2.3 million inhabitants, which include ordinary civilians and ESPers: individuals with special abilities. 80% of the students in Academy City are active in the "Power Curriculum Program", and out of that 80%, only 7 are classified as Level 5 ESPers.

Meet Level 5 "Electromaster" Misaka Mikoto and her friend Shirai Kuroko, who both work together in maintaining peace within Academy City's university district as members of "Judgment", Academy City's student-based disciplinary committee.

"Toaru Kagaku no Railgun" ("A Certain Scientific Railgun") is a side story of "Toaru Majutsu no Index" ("A Certain Magical Index").

Related:

> Toaru Majutsu no Index (Light Novels)
(http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Toaru_Majutsu_no_Index)

> Toaru Majutsu no Index (Main Story)
(http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/to-aru-majutsu-no-index-r635)

> Toaru Majutsu no Index X Toaru Kagaku no Railgun 4Koma Anthology
(http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/4-koma-koushiki-anthology-toaru-kagaku-no-railgun-x-toaru-majutsu-no-index-r4804)

>Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator
(http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/toaru-kagaku-no-accelerator-r10196)
Go to Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Latest Chapter Discussion New Window greensoulreaper
  • 71 Replies
Topic (spoilers) General discussions and speculations New Window Akasha
  • 0 Replies
Topic Calendar of Events in the Index/Railgun Franchise New Window OH&S
  • 0 Replies

949 Comments

cut out part of brain what ?

"Can Misaka make it to Level 6? Will Mental Out save the day? Will Misaka finally be formally invited to join the harem via the "official channel?" (a punch to the face, she hasn't recieved one yet) And will the Misaka Network ever update its anti-virus software? Find out next time in Railgun Chapter 62!!!!!"

... who's Aleister? 

For info, read the comment between yours and mine. For physical appearance, he's the guy that likes to float upside down inside a cultivation tank within the windowless building.

Some basic stuff about Aleister for those who don´t know anything about him, without spoilering too much:

Spoiler

Some basic stuff about SYSTEM for those who don´t know much about the entire Level 6 issue, without spoilering too much about other works:

Spoiler

... who's Aleister? This updates really infrequently so.... i kinda forget everything. Also have the same question as Akasha: how did using the Misaka Network make her go demonic. And what is Gensei's goal again? 

Spoiler

inceptionshitjustgotreal.gif

Correction: "SHIT WAS REAL!"

It only got more interested, and this meme is being overused lately.

HOLY SHIT! D:

Also ... just now Misaka Mikoto turned into a demon.

I don´t know ... was it the "hurting all of her beloved sisters at once part" or the "SYSTEM experiment" that gave her that terrifying apperance?

€: Accidently double posted ... oh, well - sorry. Maybe a mod who sees it can fuse it with the post before or something, if he/she got time at hand?

Interesting plot development.

Yeah ... Aleister really seems to like Mikoto, what with using her in so many important experiments of his directly or indirectly. Not that Aleister liking someone is an especially good thing, but it´s still better than him hating your guts, I guess.

Hopefully there will be no lasting damage if anything goes wrong for her?

have no fear Touma is near to save the day like usual lol 

Personally wish someone scanned Index cause I want more Touma. 

......... holy SHIT!!!

This a major development that is too serious for a side story to handle...What is with this Aleister's favourite and Misaka's true power that is not in the main storyline!

Actually, railgun is more than just a side story.

It's a parallel view from Mikoto's side, like Vantage Point. Same concept and everyone's point of view is important and different. and Damn is it serious

Total WTF moment. No wonder the wiki said "Tons of Surprises"

This spin-off franchise has its silly slice of life moments but it gets darker than Index..

It doesn't help whenever I come to the realization that this goes on in parallel to Index arcs..

The darkest part of Index arcs has only been Baggage City..

*shiver*

Lol, so Mugino wasn't scary? And what about when Hamazura was fighting in Russia, that wasn't scary?

hmm I kinda hope that it will be Shokuhou that will be a hero that saves the day, with just a little push from the Touma. But there is also Last Order to be reasoned with (Right now she is under Heaven Chancellor treatment)
This a major development that is too serious for a side story to handle...What is with this Aleister's favourite and Misaka's true power that is not in the main storyline!

have no fear Touma is near to save the day like usual lol 

Step 1: Piss off extremely powerful esper.

Step 2: Give said esper a huge power boost.

Step 3: ????

Step 4: Profit?

GENIUS. I call it the Kihara Amata style of research.

This spin-off franchise has its silly slice of life moments but it gets darker than Index..

It doesn't help whenever I come to the realization that this goes on in parallel to Index arcs..

The darkest part of Index arcs has only been Baggage City..

*shiver*

I did not expected this to happen, damn Kamachi-sensei! Mikoto-chan looks more like a demon instead of an angel now... I wonder will Touma punch her to get back to her senses?! First time if ever!

Spoiler

898.gif

Spoiler

I just read chapter 61, and it was so boss I just had to come here and rant a bit, or I would explode. Figuratively.

My take on this chapter:

Spoiler

I too hope that based Kites Knockraven doesn't meet his end. He's joined the moe ranks of Amai Ao and plasma form Kihara Amata.

And Touma will probably add another member to his harem of properly punched old men. I think Gensei might be the first geriatric harem member since Biaggio and Terra are after this. Unless I'm missing anybody but I don't recall him punching many old men.

Spoiler

I just read chapter 61, and it was so boss I just had to come here and rant a bit, or I would explode. Figuratively.

My take on this chapter:

Spoiler

Guys, you're going to see Misaka as you never ever hoped to see her. This chapter 61 is just crazy.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics