Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.68 - 209votes)

Marginal Operation

Alt Names: alt マージナル・オペレーション
Author: Shibamura Yuri
Artist: Kimura Daisuke
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaHorror HorrorSeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A 30-year-old Japanese NEET joins a PMC in the Middle East and becomes the handler of some soldiers.

Adapted from the novel series of the same name.
Go to Marginal Operation Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Light Novel Translations Link New Window Alph
  • 1 Replies
Topic Marginal Operation RAW New Window Nefrytone
  • 9 Replies

269 Comments

all i have to say about the latest chapter is: since when did elves start living in america? 

I want answers. 

i rarely commented, but thank you for keep this going!

"So when is he going to find out it's not just a game I mean real-" "There we go."

What is good about his reaction is the fact that while he got really shocked about the battles being real, what broke him was the fact he annihilated civilians that were running.

totally random tangent, the girl in the credits; smoking hot(well, her body anyways =01 ) =03!!!

>girl

What are they trying to achieve by telling the participants that it's the real thing? I assume it'll be more practical to keep them in the dark and squeeze as much missions as possible before they realize it by themselves. Are they trying to rope in the successful applicants permanently? I have a hard time imagining the kind of mission where the applicants are required to know the truth for it to be successful.

Shhhhh!  Quit trying to ruin a good story with "The Facts"!!!

What are they trying to achieve by telling the participants that it's the real thing? I assume it'll be more practical to keep them in the dark and squeeze as much missions as possible before they realize it by themselves. Are they trying to rope in the successful applicants permanently? I have a hard time imagining the kind of mission where the applicants are required to know the truth for it to be successful.

I was led to this series by someone who compared it to "Ender's Game."

I am not disappointed!

So...  When do we get the next chapters?  I'll be generous and give you a full seven and a half minutes!

(Awaits /ak/ Scanlation members to start throwing rocks at me for my impatient impertinence.)

totally random tangent, the girl in the credits; smoking hot(well, her body anyways =01 ) =03!!!

You think maybe they could have thought of a better way to break it to them?

It's probably part of the test.

Now they will be put onto artificial missions to see how their commands change.

That's quite fvcked up...

Knew it'll come, but... huft...

Spoiler

Man just dun wanna sell his figurines! Poor him T_T

But it's quite refreshing.

Thot it'll be another "I dieded aww it's another world"

Thank u very much /ak/ and y'all who uploaded it!

i bet that the english teaching brothel girl will die in the next chapter or two. she has a massive death flag =p 

Probably not much, assuming they are fighting some rebels/terrorists at some remote location in the countryside.

The higher ups want results, same as the people living in safe places away from the action, as long as it isn't too extreme (mass genocide of entire villages) nobody really cares.about a few dead civilians or "collateral damage"

true. this might be the dark side of this world. which we cant interfere. politics and much more roaming within it 

This manga just got dark quickly.
*Clicks follow*

So it did become an Ender's Game-like development. It's actually getting more interesting now. Hope it doesn't take a year for the next chapter.

Well, that escalated quickly

You think maybe they could have thought of a better way to break it to them?

You know they are actually making fun of shit tier scanlators  who ask for donations, right? /ak/ does it for the fun, not the dosh.

Also, that's the actual president and CEO of /ak/, who happens to be swiss and into cosplaying as a little girl.

All and all, /ak/ is a classy outfit.

Pretty sure they're jabbing at the teutonic overlords of H&K.

Although the plot twist of "It wasn't a game all along!" was obvious (especially if you've read Ender's Game) this chapter did make me wonder what kind of oversight there is for PMCs? IS there actually something keeping firms like that in check or checking whether they don't overstep their bounds/kill non combattants or innocent people?

Probably not much, assuming they are fighting some rebels/terrorists at some remote location in the countryside.

The higher ups want results, same as the people living in safe places away from the action, as long as it isn't too extreme (mass genocide of entire villages) nobody really cares.about a few dead civilians or "collateral damage"

Did anyone else think of the book Ender's Game with regards to this chapter? Although I've read it many years ago, I think it's what allowed me to immediately realize that this was an actual war and not a game that people were playing.

Nope.

Offtopic: In Ender's Game, its "implied" (outright told) that Ender realized out that its actual war, and not a game, long before the reader is told. In this story, the MC uses the point system as an excuse to ignore all the small quirks (why so many CASEVAC requests?), to say nothing of the fact that the game/MC doesn't even make sense at times.

ie. 'I lose points if I take damage during a CASEVAC and I gain/lose zero points for NOT using a CASEVAC. Obviously the right answer is to NEVER use CASEVACs.' (Wtf? Its such an obvious trick! You're obviously supposed to pull of a CASEVAC without taking damage!)

Although the plot twist of "It wasn't a game all along!" was obvious (especially if you've read Ender's Game) this chapter did make me wonder what kind of oversight there is for PMCs? IS there actually something keeping firms like that in check or checking whether they don't overstep their bounds/kill non combattants or innocent people?

holy shit, that was fast. cant blame him for what happened.

Took them a while to figure it out.

Did anyone else think of the book Ender's Game with regards to this chapter? Although I've read it many years ago, I think it's what allowed me to immediately realize that this was an actual war and not a game that people were playing.

it was marked as tragedy but it rarely get dumped on you like that so fast o.o though I did think something was odd with how the E's kept moving.

goes to show you can't make a proper call without actually seeing some visuals.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics