Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.38 - 116votes)

Yuki ni Tsubasa

Alt Names: alt 雪にツバサalt Wings Upon Snow
Author: Takahashi Shin
Artist: Takahashi Shin
Genres: Drama DramaMusic MusicRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Tsubasa lives in a hotspring town that is about to fade away from a bad economy. He is a middle school delinquent, and is beat up at school almost every day. He has a secret, though: he is a psychic, but he is embarrassed of this fact because his abilities are "lame" and not worth bragging about. One day, however, he realizes that he can read the mind of a mute girl named Yuki.
Go to Yuki ni Tsubasa Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

196 Comments

Heh. I started my first scanlation project back in 2005, taking over from another group that fell apart. I did my last chapter of that particular series in 2014 (someone else finished the series while I was otherwise engaged).

The main thing slowing me down on this project is that I have so many other projects in flight at the same time: Bakeneko System, Bara no Tame ni, Boku no Marie, Chokotto Hime, Kyoumen no Silhouette, Mill, Neko Ane, Noel no Kimochi and Undead.  And I have several other series waiting in the wings, too.

About the raws...

They are, I assure you, but I have this nasty character flaw called stubbornness. I don't like walking away from an unfinished project. And what doesn't kill you...

Heh. I started my first scanlation project back in 2005, taking over from another group that fell apart. I did my last chapter of that particular series in 2014 (someone else finished the series while I was otherwise engaged).

Always happy to see this update.

Nothing in this even makes sense.

Read novels in the psionics genre for forty years and picking up the standard tropes and conventions will become automatic. I find this one easy to follow and the characters are unusual for this setting.

Nothing in this even makes sense.  

Thanks for doing this series. I don't like it much but I applaud the effort you're putting into it. The raws look like a nightmare to work with.

They are, I assure you, but I have this nasty character flaw called stubbornness. I don't like walking away from an unfinished project. And what doesn't kill you...

I was hoping the arc would be resolved in this chapter, I'm really curious

IIRC, this arc will dominate the next volume. But I might not be recalling correctly, so we'll see.

UPDATE: Storing volume two away, pulling out volume three and leafing through it, I see that yes, my memory serves me correctly.
I was hoping the arc would be resolved in this chapter, I'm really curious

This completes the second volume (of eight).

Thanks for doing this series. I don't like it much but I applaud the effort you're putting into it. The raws look like a nightmare to work with.

This completes the second volume (of eight).

Ooh. A sequel series? :D

See here

Having blitzed these 12 chapters currently out, I don't see the reason for the Smut tag.

The Music tag is also shaky since it's not primarily focused on a subject of music.

I like the story so far, but those two tags feel misleading.

Having just reviewed volumes 3 through 8 in order to answer somebody else's question, I can wholeheartedly agree with the "Music" tag.  As for the "smut" tag, it depends on how you define the term.  There is no question that the two main characters live in an environment rife with violence and the sex trade, and what happens to them reflects that.  These two will be dragged through the deepest of depths before they come out the other side, having won against all odds and having learned both to rely on each other, and to be relied upon.  This story is not for the faint of heart.

If you define "smut" as gratuitous sex and violence, I personally think this series skirts the limits of what is allowable for "artist's license".  I'm pretty sure the story could have been presented in a lighter fashion, but the artist may have had a reason for doing it the way he did.

And as an aside, this is not an easy series to scanlate, referring to the technical issues of graphics editing and translation.

Having blitzed these 12 chapters currently out, I don't see the reason for the Smut tag.

The Music tag is also shaky since it's not primarily focused on a subject of music.

I like the story so far, but those two tags feel misleading.

Not even remotely.  It's more like "if we do this, then we can do this, and this, and this..."

Strange, this series.  People seem to either love it or hate it.  But then again, I've heard this particular mangaka seems to be an acquired taste for many.  I was simply caught by the premise of the first chapter, and have been doing the chapters since.  I.  Don't.  Like.  Dropping.  Series.  You can ask my wife how stubborn I can be.

In any case, I've peeked ahead.  I know the series has a good ending.  And enough people liked it to justify or demand a sequel series.

Ooh. A sequel series? :D

I dropped this some time ago, so have no idea what's going on. Only reason I'm commenting now is because I saw the title for chapter 12 and want to ask if it involves Chinese take out?

Not even remotely.  It's more like "if we do this, then we can do this, and this, and this..."

Strange, this series.  People seem to either love it or hate it.  But then again, I've heard this particular mangaka seems to be an acquired taste for many.  I was simply caught by the premise of the first chapter, and have been doing the chapters since.  I.  Don't.  Like.  Dropping.  Series.  You can ask my wife how stubborn I can be.

In any case, I've peeked ahead.  I know the series has a good ending.  And enough people liked it to justify or demand a sequel series.

I dropped this some time ago, so have no idea what's going on. Only reason I'm commenting now is because I saw the title for chapter 12 and want to ask if it involves Chinese take out?

I love this story.

The power to peek into an item's (or a person's) history is psychometry. A person capable of such feats is usually referred to as a psychometer. The only case where I've seen psychometrer is that Eiji manga.
Of course that's just my 2 cents, the raw might actually say psychometrer.

The word used in the raws was 「サイコメトルー」 (saikometoruu), which was the word used in the title of the Eiji manga.  Given the weird rules (or lack thereof) in the adaptation of English words to Japanese katakana spellings, I interpreted this as "psychometry" originally, and was surprised when I discovered the Eiji manga through a Google search.

Thanks for your two cents worth.  I may update it that way when I do the next chapter.

UPDATE 2016/09/15 - I've updated the chapter.

UPDATE 2016/09/19 - Ugh.  The entire confusion was in a transcription error of mine.  The author had 「サイコメトー」 (saikometorii) in the original raw page.

The power to peek into an item's (or a person's) history is psychometry. A person capable of such feats is usually referred to as a psychometer. The only case where I've seen psychometrer is that Eiji manga.
Of course that's just my 2 cents, the raw might actually say psychometrer.

I think she knows its not her... Hmmm....

No one ever says this mangaka is for all, if you tried reading his stuff and after doing you feel you don't like it, then all is fine, because is you opinion after reading by yourself and no because you read some random comment in a lost thread in an obscure and lost forum.

FWIW, I just looked through the rest of volume 2.  Without actually translating it, I can see a few things right away:

Spoiler

That said, it's not all rosy either.  I said before, and I still believe this to be true: this story is about Tsubasa and Yuki helping each other to overcome their respective personal demons.  And some of those demons aren't very nice.

Too much rape stuff, not for me.. byeee

agreed. this author loves rape too much. i still remember feeling sick from reading LSK.

No one ever says this mangaka is for all, if you tried reading his stuff and after doing you feel you don't like it, then all is fine, because is you opinion after reading by yourself and no because you read some random comment in a lost thread in an obscure and lost forum.

agreed. this author loves rape too much. i still remember feeling sick from reading LSK.

In finishing chapter 10, I found a minor correction needed in chapter 7.  That's why the double upload.

No need to go on a treasure hunt to find the difference: it was just the chapter title in the table of contents.

Love this book. Hope someone sticks with it...

Slow but steady wins the race, hopefully.  At least I have all the volumes and don't have to worry about the raws.  But the main reason for the slowness is my own lack of restraint in one regard: I am working six different series at once, in round-robin fashion.  Look here to see what I mean.  And there are four more series tempting me...

FWIW, we are half-way through the second of eight volumes.  And the sequel series also has eight volumes.

Love this book. Hope someone sticks with it...

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics