Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.62 - 239votes)

Toaru Kagaku no Railgun

Alt Names: alt A Certain Scientific Railgun
Author: Kamachi Kazuma
Artist: Fuyukawa Motoi
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyMecha MechaMystery MysterySchool Life School LifeSci-fi Sci-fiShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The story is set in a world where supernatural powers exist through science, and magic exists through religion.

Academy City is home to 2.3 million inhabitants, which include ordinary civilians and ESPers: individuals with special abilities. 80% of the students in Academy City are active in the "Power Curriculum Program", and out of that 80%, only 7 are classified as Level 5 ESPers.

Meet Level 5 "Electromaster" Misaka Mikoto and her friend Shirai Kuroko, who both work together in maintaining peace within Academy City's university district as members of "Judgment", Academy City's student-based disciplinary committee.

"Toaru Kagaku no Railgun" ("A Certain Scientific Railgun") is a side story of "Toaru Majutsu no Index" ("A Certain Magical Index").

Related:

> Toaru Majutsu no Index (Light Novels)
(http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Toaru_Majutsu_no_Index)

> Toaru Majutsu no Index (Main Story)
(http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/to-aru-majutsu-no-index-r635)

> Toaru Majutsu no Index X Toaru Kagaku no Railgun 4Koma Anthology
(http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/4-koma-koushiki-anthology-toaru-kagaku-no-railgun-x-toaru-majutsu-no-index-r4804)

>Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator
(http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/toaru-kagaku-no-accelerator-r10196)
Go to Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Latest Chapter Discussion New Window greensoulreaper
  • 71 Replies
Topic (spoilers) General discussions and speculations New Window Akasha
  • 0 Replies
Topic Calendar of Events in the Index/Railgun Franchise New Window OH&S
  • 0 Replies

949 Comments

Jeez, I have a weird feeling that Misaki is actually in love with Touma. Hell, that smile and the way she refers to him as her prince, and all those hints that they knew one another like volume 1 of the light novel and volume 7 of New Testament.

Spoiler

img000006.png

img000014.png

Okay now in Daihaseisai it looks like Misaka will have her on confrontation and it is quite unlikely for Touma to help her because he will busy with dealing with Oriana Thompson in the main story.
Don't worry, Misaka is one of the strong heroin that capable of solving her own problem without a need depend on touma. I'm sure she will kick Shokuho ass some way or the other (the sister arc is the only exception)

this is set after that incident, so as far as we know, kamijou has free time.

hurry! hide the unconcious misaka sister before kuroko notices. 

To aru Majutsu no Index Movie: Miracle of Endymion Torrent is out. Hatsuyuki-subs came out with it first but if your waiting for UTW that might take a whileCute%20Sheep%20Emoticon%20004.gif

Awesome, thanks for the new chapter /a/nonymous !!

I don't view it as unlikely this lvl6 thing with Misaka will stay out of index. I mean to say that Touma is the hero and since Index centers around Touma more than Index I would say this could be in it. Then again if it will, the perspective will AGAIN be different...

Which chapter is this from?

Light Novel

Screw Kuroko, I wanna see more Touma Action!!!

Spoiler

Which chapter is this from?

Hope they can help out Misaka...lol @ the Misaki this chapter. I find her really cute in a way.

64ko7t.gif64ko7t.gif64ko7t.gif

Apparently, misaki knows touma somehow (I might have missed it, but I don't think they've met), and the universe is on her side.

It's been hinted that she knows Touma from before he lost his memories, and he even mentions her (though not by name) in the very first novel.

“And, this is Academy City. There are plenty of espers that can manipulate people’s minds with powers like Psychometry or Marionette. Not to mention that there are research facilities all over the place. It’s way too soon to give up hope. Apparently, there’s even a Level 5 at Tokiwadai who can remove people’s memories just by touching them.”

-vol 1, chapter 3, part 4

based Kuroko

Screw Kuroko, I wanna see more Touma Action!!!

Spoiler

wzfh.jpg

that blush, that smile, goddess <3

actually, her knowing Touma before, has been "hinted" in the 7th volume of New Testament.

maybe in certain other side line story or something ?

OMFG i love this series and this autor, so much side-line histories and paralel histories all connected, i enjoy trying to set a timeline and connecting each history 

Now all we have to do is wait for the 4th protagonist's side story , Hamazura Shiage

based Kuroko

Apparently, misaki knows touma somehow (I might have missed it, but I don't think they've met), and the universe is on her side.

actually, her knowing Touma before, has been "hinted" in the 7th volume of New Testament.

Ugh, for some reason, the images wouldn't show up until I refreshed the page a bunch for each page! Also, DAMN that was a ridiculous lightning strike. It was like a pillar of hellfire, except with LIGHTNING! And the rule of cool states that everything is at least twice as cool with the addition of lightning.

THAT was only 2%?! And "dozens of times more powerful" multiplied by 50...

o.o

Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator to begin serialization this December http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-08-26/toaru-majutsu-no-index-accelerator-gets-his-own-manga

OMFG i love this series and this autor, so much side-line histories and paralel histories all connected, i enjoy trying to set a timeline and connecting each history 

I'm just happy it doesn't get side tracked like the anime...the anime had too much fan service and no actual story half way through

true, the anime does get rather side tracked with their stories, but i'd like it if the anime covers some of the stuff which the manga skipped e.g. Misaka's "date" with kamijou when she's avoiding unabara. i would't call that side tracked, it's part of the original storyline.

Spoiler

Spoiler

However, I think I may be mistaken on Angels being on the same level as Level 6. Considering the fact that Level 6 means being a God in a physical body, aka like a Magic God, being a Angel doesn't seem to have enough power compared to a Magic God.

Spoiler

About the level 6 issue ... gets somewhat off topic ... but yeah ... ... various spoilers ahead for those who care ...

Spoiler

1. Please avoid spoilering too much (or use spoiler tags), if possible. There are people reading this who didn´t read the LN, after all and who might also be unfamiliar with the other works.
2. Claiming that the whole level 6 issue doesn´t work anyway just because we didn´t see clear results up until now isn´t exactly reasonable. It has yet to be proven what is and what is not a long term level 6 project, what truly got what purpose behind it and how and if several of those projects actually work (in the Railgun serie alone, we´ve got three seperate level 6 projects already. Two of which got interrupted up before their conclusion and one that´s going on right now).

About the other things mentioned ... speculations and specific discussions about stuff like that are usually better placed in the respective forum section for this manga instead of the comment section, I guess. Especially since they usually include lots and lots of subjectivity, vague interpretations and fanon. And spoilers.

Accelerator's Level 6 Shift was meant to fail because Aleister's goal was to distribute the Misaka clones throughout the world in order to create a large AIM-field boundary and which would enable him to use the Misaka Network to make a large-scale Fuse Kazakiri which can eliminate most if not all the magicians inside the field. As for the Level 6 Shift of Shokuhou Misaki, it was explained in this chapter that they were not truly pursuing the goal of making her a Level 6 but instead to allow ordinary people to access her powers. So saying that the two were interrupted is strictly not accurate because one was planned to fail and the other was just a cover-story. At the very least, Aleister does not think that SYSTEM works for creating Level 6s, because it is merely a tool for him to further his own plans and only Kiharas with their perverse fascination for science and destruction would aim to make Level 6s using SYSTEM.

1. Please avoid spoilering too much (or use spoiler tags), if possible. There are people reading this who didn´t read the LN, after all and who might also be unfamiliar with the other works.
2. Claiming that the whole level 6 issue doesn´t work anyway just because we didn´t see clear results up until now isn´t exactly reasonable. It has yet to be proven what is and what is not a long term level 6 project, what truly got what purpose behind it and how and if several of those projects actually work (in the Railgun serie alone, we´ve got three seperate level 6 projects already. Two of which got interrupted up before their conclusion and one that´s going on right now).

About the other things mentioned ... speculations and specific discussions about stuff like that are usually better placed in the respective forum section for this manga instead of the comment section, I guess. Especially since they usually include lots and lots of subjectivity, vague interpretations and fanon. And spoilers.

Some basic stuff about Aleister for those who don´t know anything about him, without spoilering too much:

Spoiler

Some basic stuff about SYSTEM for those who don´t know much about the entire Level 6 issue, without spoilering too much about other works:

Spoiler

I'd say that Accelerator in complete Angel form and Kakine Teitoku's Dark Matter both qualify as God-hood. However, they developed those powers due to emotional turmoil and not artificial means so I'd say that even Aleister Crowley does not expect SYSTEM to work because Accelerator's Level 6 Shift was planned to fail from the start and Kakine Teitoku has no affiliations with SYSTEM from the start. We also have seen certain artificial angels like Aiwass and Kazakiri Hyouka but they are purely AIM-fields with no true physical body so calling them human gods would be pushing it. Aleister is unable to make human Gods so he is using the AIM-fields created by the Espers to create the Gods, therefore SYSTEM is merely a tool to create these Gods.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics