Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.62 - 239votes)

Toaru Kagaku no Railgun

Alt Names: alt A Certain Scientific Railgun
Author: Kamachi Kazuma
Artist: Fuyukawa Motoi
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyMecha MechaMystery MysterySchool Life School LifeSci-fi Sci-fiShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The story is set in a world where supernatural powers exist through science, and magic exists through religion.

Academy City is home to 2.3 million inhabitants, which include ordinary civilians and ESPers: individuals with special abilities. 80% of the students in Academy City are active in the "Power Curriculum Program", and out of that 80%, only 7 are classified as Level 5 ESPers.

Meet Level 5 "Electromaster" Misaka Mikoto and her friend Shirai Kuroko, who both work together in maintaining peace within Academy City's university district as members of "Judgment", Academy City's student-based disciplinary committee.

"Toaru Kagaku no Railgun" ("A Certain Scientific Railgun") is a side story of "Toaru Majutsu no Index" ("A Certain Magical Index").

Related:

> Toaru Majutsu no Index (Light Novels)
(http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Toaru_Majutsu_no_Index)

> Toaru Majutsu no Index (Main Story)
(http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/to-aru-majutsu-no-index-r635)

> Toaru Majutsu no Index X Toaru Kagaku no Railgun 4Koma Anthology
(http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/4-koma-koushiki-anthology-toaru-kagaku-no-railgun-x-toaru-majutsu-no-index-r4804)

>Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator
(http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/toaru-kagaku-no-accelerator-r10196)
Go to Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Latest Chapter Discussion New Window greensoulreaper
  • 71 Replies
Topic (spoilers) General discussions and speculations New Window Akasha
  • 0 Replies
Topic Calendar of Events in the Index/Railgun Franchise New Window OH&S
  • 0 Replies

949 Comments

See, this just proves why the Railgun manga is written for the sake of the LN readers. Only LN readers would be screaming like fangirls right now!!!

Damn. The two didn't even look when the electricity came flying. They just kept staring at one another and defended without care like a couple of bad-asses. And here I thought Guts-boy charging into the battle would complicate things. But was this before the Fanfare or after the Fanfare?

What I really want to see is a match between Touma and Sogiita. Attack Crash with his Black Box powers versus Imagine Breaker. It would be interesting to see what effects IB would have considering that not even SYSTEM knows what Sogiita's powers are.

This is a match made in heaven. We don't need Aleister's Power Curriculum when we have a Gemstone and an Act of God.

God why is every combo pair i wanted being done by the railgun manga.

Cause they follow the rules 

which rules? did a new group pick this up? the most recent groups that were doing this (animum mutare, overload and /a/nonymus) have no delay accoding to their page here.

Botato doesn't have 63 yet while other sites do. Why so slow?

At we got to have an amusing meeting between Touman and Gutsboy.

Cause they follow the rules 

Gunha and Kamijou vs. demonic Misaka

HOLY SHIT, GUYS

Spoiler

Spoiler

2vje6ms.gif

i finished the season 2 of the anime which chapter continues?

The anime and the manga don't follow the same storyline. Think of it in terms of arc coverage, rather than starting and ending.

i finished the season 2 of the anime which chapter continues?

Botato doesn't have 63 yet while other sites do. Why so slow?

At we got to have an amusing meeting between Touman and Gutsboy.

Does it actually ever explain why she has feelings for Touma though? Or is it just out of the blue?

Well, they apparently know each other from before he lost his memories. That is the reason why people are having epileptic seizures over this shipping.

Does it actually ever explain why she has feelings for Touma though? Or is it just out of the blue?

Light Novel

You are mistaken. That picture is from the To Aru Majutsu no Index manga.

20.png

Oh really?

Then what is this?

Spoiler

So after fighting Oriana and taking a hit of around 50 spells combined, he just can walk around like normal?

They attached the right arm after a few days (Blood Deep Arc), so this isnt surprising at all.

yes it seems she might have fallen for touma, read volume 8 preview for index.

Spoiler

definitely possible that she's also fallen for him... also in NT book 7 (I think) when Misaka goes to Touma's school Shokuhou is also there. 

Yep, I was thinking of that too, but that might have been because she was meeting

Spoiler
. Apparently they know one another.

And, here's a wild theory, she was meeting the Mysterious Number 6? I have my suspicions that the Number 6 is none other than

Spoiler
because there is absolutely no normal person who hangs around Kami-nyan and he is a weirdo who is so casual that it is suspicious + the fact that every Level 5 is borderline insane or trigger-happy. Despite the fact that he doesn't bring a whole lot of interest to the show, he is always there hiding in the background and keeps appearing in cameos.Touma even considers him on the same level as Misaka.

Spoiler

Jeez, I have a weird feeling that Misaki is actually in love with Touma. Hell, that smile and the way she refers to him as her prince, and all those hints that they knew one another like volume 1 of the light novel and volume 7 of New Testament.

Spoiler

img000006.png
img000014.png

yes it seems she might have fallen for touma, read volume 8 preview for index.

Spoiler

definitely possible that she's also fallen for him... also in NT book 7 (I think) when Misaka goes to Touma's school Shokuhou is also there. 

also 

Oh really?

Then what is this?

img000011.png

Unmanned bus bursting into flames. Sounds familiar anyone?

So after fighting Oriana and taking a hit of around 50 spells combined, he just can walk around like normal?

i guess I should correct myself... he only gets free time after his routine check-up at the hospital, and besides he continued to walk after that battle anyway.

"Yesterday". I think the flaming bus was due to Oriana and Tsuchimikado's private duel.

Exactly, the events with Oriana happened all in one day so him being able to move around so easily the very next day even after all that crap is like saying his body is made of ______ (no idea what it's made of). Anyways, the flaming bus was due to Stiyl Magnus's rune card exploding the bus which Oriana was on.

"Yesterday". I think the flaming bus was due to Oriana and Tsuchimikado's private duel.

Aaaaand the ship has set sail.

this is set after that incident, so as far as we know, kamijou has free time.

Oh really?

Then what is this?

img000011.png

Let me see if I can predict how the next few issues goes. Somebody will be groped , most likely Misaka when Touma saves her. Somebody will get a punch in the face and that should be obvous who. Either way awesomeness or harlity ensues with some fukou da.

both Misaka and Misaki <3

Kyujyu, on 01 Apr 2012 - 21:19, said:

Okay now in Daihaseisai it looks like Misaka will have her on confrontation and it is quite unlikely for Touma to help her because he will busy with dealing with Oriana Thompson in the main story.
Don't worry, Misaka is one of the strong heroin that capable of solving her own problem without a need depend on touma. I'm sure she will kick Shokuho ass some way or the other (the sister arc is the only exception)

this is set after that incident, so as far as we know, kamijou has free time.

There is also a brief snippet in the Original Storyline in the light novel that after the Daihaseisai that this happened

Spoiler

So I'm hoping that this can be further expanded in this series, like how she asked him out

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics