Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.62 - 239votes)

Toaru Kagaku no Railgun

Alt Names: alt A Certain Scientific Railgun
Author: Kamachi Kazuma
Artist: Fuyukawa Motoi
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyMecha MechaMystery MysterySchool Life School LifeSci-fi Sci-fiShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The story is set in a world where supernatural powers exist through science, and magic exists through religion.

Academy City is home to 2.3 million inhabitants, which include ordinary civilians and ESPers: individuals with special abilities. 80% of the students in Academy City are active in the "Power Curriculum Program", and out of that 80%, only 7 are classified as Level 5 ESPers.

Meet Level 5 "Electromaster" Misaka Mikoto and her friend Shirai Kuroko, who both work together in maintaining peace within Academy City's university district as members of "Judgment", Academy City's student-based disciplinary committee.

"Toaru Kagaku no Railgun" ("A Certain Scientific Railgun") is a side story of "Toaru Majutsu no Index" ("A Certain Magical Index").

Related:

> Toaru Majutsu no Index (Light Novels)
(http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Toaru_Majutsu_no_Index)

> Toaru Majutsu no Index (Main Story)
(http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/to-aru-majutsu-no-index-r635)

> Toaru Majutsu no Index X Toaru Kagaku no Railgun 4Koma Anthology
(http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/4-koma-koushiki-anthology-toaru-kagaku-no-railgun-x-toaru-majutsu-no-index-r4804)

>Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator
(http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/toaru-kagaku-no-accelerator-r10196)
Go to Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Latest Chapter Discussion New Window greensoulreaper
  • 71 Replies
Topic (spoilers) General discussions and speculations New Window Akasha
  • 0 Replies
Topic Calendar of Events in the Index/Railgun Franchise New Window OH&S
  • 0 Replies

949 Comments

Misaki looks fucking sexy in that last page

Touma should just punch the old guy in the face.

he appear and something awesome happen

is sooo awesome 

You just need guts!7Ivi9Zv.jpg

thanks echo,acolyte and catbug for answering my question <3

sogita and muthafuckin touma. So hype. Honestly, I feel touma works way better as a secondary support character than a main. Railgun just doesn't feel like a side story. Also I would think Toumas powers would negate sogitas as well. Imagine breaker essentially negates anything that goes against the norm of reality. Sogitas powers is anything but normal, be it magic, science or what not.

I know that IB can negate anything. However, if it is too powerful, it will take longer to negate, like Innocentius or Ollerus' Hliðskjálf and there will usually be some side-effect like Accelerators wings going in another direction. When Sogiita fought Ollerus, Ollerus commented that if Sogiita used his powers properly, his attacks would be on the level of Hliðskjálf. What I want to see is what side-effects would occur when IB and Attack Crash (revamped) clash against each other because if the attack is something unexplainable, the side-effect from disrupting it would be interesting to see.

NOTHING CAN STOP THESE TWO IDIOTS!!

brofist_oh_god_thank_you_manga_anime_des

Holy shit is this made of pure awesome. I know that this is a retcon and all, but maybe because he teamed up with Gunha, Touma doesn't feel the need to mention this story. Cause team-up too OP, only significant event left is dancing with Misaka (which this arc will surely be leading to this).

Gunha is the coolest. We'll never understand his level of GATTSU.

I indeed haven't read that much of the novels and I know very little Japanese mythology so while I didn't mean literally demonic, a Japanese god sure didn't occur to me either. I've failed completely. Might as well just commit sudoku at this point.

I love how people say they are going to commit sudoku. What happens? You slash your stomach and a sudoku chart appears on your chest?

2013-02-06.jpg

See, this just proves why the Railgun manga is written for the sake of the LN readers. Only LN readers would be screaming like fangirls right now!!!

Spoiler

I love To Aru but mostly because of Touma and Misaka without Touma just isnt it for me

I am sorry to ay this and I just made this account just for this purpose. Additionaly I want to say sorry to everyone in advance for this and possible bad spelling and grammar. Sorry!

You sir are everything that is wrong nowadays.
etc.

I indeed haven't read that much of the novels and I know very little Japanese mythology so while I didn't mean literally demonic, a Japanese god sure didn't occur to me either. I've failed completely. Might as well just commit sudoku at this point.

Sogiita and Kamijou. Bros before hoes! 

Damn... I want this arc to be animated!!! NOW!!!!

Spoiler

9ATTHC4.gif

NOTHING CAN STOP THESE TWO IDIOTS!!

i finished the season 2 of the anime which chapter continues?

Well Season 2 ending was more or less a filler but it did fill up a gap to what happened to the girl that did the cloning so it's all good.

Since your done with the anime continue to the Daihasei Festival Arc, September 19 in the timeline

Spoiler

9ATTHC4.gif

You are mistaken. That picture is from the To Aru Majutsu no Index manga.

Right, right, I get confused coz I'm ahead of the LN and I mix things up. Nice Catch

Thanks for the translation.

Still not that long ago since he tried his guts against Mikoto, isn´t it?

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Toaru_Majutsu_no_Index:Toaru_Jihanki_no_Fanfare

The greatest team ever has born

Use this as your first stop

http://toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com/wiki/Unified_Story_Timeline

Wow so many responses today.. What I'll just add is that I'm really excited Touma joining the fray - because this is the first time we have an untold Touma story in the Railgun universe~! (not in Index arcs) Can someone correct me if I'm wrong?

yes it seems she might have fallen for touma, read volume 8 preview for index.

Spoiler

definitely possible that she's also fallen for him... also in NT book 7 (I think) when Misaka goes to Touma's school Shokuhou is also there. 

also 

i guess I should correct myself... he only gets free time after his routine check-up at the hospital, and besides he continued to walk after that battle anyway.

my mind just explode you got a good memory

Gunha and Kamijou vs. demonic Misaka

HOLY SHIT, GUYS

Spoiler

I am sorry to ay this and I just made this account just for this purpose. Additionaly I want to say sorry to everyone in advance for this and possible bad spelling and grammar. Sorry!

You sir are everything that is wrong nowadays.

Considering the fact that you read Railgun the propability of you reading it thanks to any instance of Index is rather high.

Further considering the fact that you have knowledge of those means even with a low level of reading comprehension you should have noticed that Esper are an attempt to reach system or deity, obviously from a different angle than religion but still the same goal.

Now please take a look at awakend Accelerator and Kakine, they are said to get angelic traits.

So every Esper sofar got angelic or god LIKE powers once he truly stepped past his original power.

Now let us look at Mikoto's design, faily significant is that ribbon like thing around her.

Is there anything similar to it? Yes there is! It is often seen in old japanese art around holy women or other spiritual figures, but most importantly for this case on Raijin.

You know Raijin just like in the japanese god of thunder Raijin.

What I am trying to say despite this late hour is that if you call her demon Mikoto you basically have missed or simply ignored at least half of the enitre Raildexvers.

If you go according to timeline of Index, the event of the last arc of Railgun anime ends in the same day as the day she had a date with Touma. So around chapter 40 continues since Unabara was still chasing her.

Spoiler

Fun fact: Technically speaking, if you also go according to date, during the last arc of Railgun anime, the body swapping event of Index also happens between it. But our perception is fooled to see them as their original body lol.

Damn. The two didn't even look when the electricity came flying. They just kept staring at one another and defended without care like a couple of bad-asses. And here I thought Guts-boy charging into the battle would complicate things. But was this before the Fanfare or after the Fanfare?

What I really want to see is a match between Touma and Sogiita. Attack Crash with his Black Box powers versus Imagine Breaker. It would be interesting to see what effects IB would have considering that not even SYSTEM knows what Sogiita's powers are.

sogita and muthafuckin touma. So hype. Honestly, I feel touma works way better as a secondary support character than a main. Railgun just doesn't feel like a side story. Also I would think Toumas powers would negate sogitas as well. Imagine breaker essentially negates anything that goes against the norm of reality. Sogitas powers is anything but normal, be it magic, science or what not.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics