Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 156votes)

Chikyuu no Houkago

Alt Names: alt Afterschool Time of the Earthalt 地球の放課後
Author: Yoshitomi Akihito
Artist: Yoshitomi Akihito
Genres: Adventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaMystery MysteryRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Most of humanity has been wiped out by mysterious dark monsters known only as "Phantoms." Four survivors, who may well be the last of the human race, have found one another and are sharing a quiet, peaceful existence. These survivors are a kind, dependable teenage boy called Masashi, two teenage girls, shyer Sanae and bolder Yaeko, and a little girl called Anna. They feel as though they're just living in a perpetual "after school" state, waiting for the rest of the human race to come home.
Go to Chikyuu no Houkago Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Will this live up to its promise? New Window wigjump
  • 2 Replies

259 Comments

Thanks i7.  You do great work.

Masashi: "You three are my treasured friends."

All three of them are friendzoned.

just broke that flower now....

So...  based on chapter 17:

Spoiler

Why? 

Why did he not tell them what happened? 

If the Phantoms can suddenly start tricking you by turning into people you know, you'd think that would be pertinent information to pass on! 

What possible fucking reason could be have to hide that from them? 

Masashi, time to turn in to our Mensa membership card, cause that was a dumb ass move! 

OK , for a moment I thought I was reading "Parasyte" again ...

Anyway, thank you  Impe7us for your continual work, especially if you are under so much work.

holy shit what a freaky chapter, gave me goosebumps

Thanks for the new chapter! I was looking forward to it!

It's like a scene from 'The Thing'...I'd be freaking out big time if I was him.

tempt them with promises of carnival pleasure... 

A pleasure to make merry in the street with plethora of colorful outfit? Yes please!

Yay, new chapter, Thx Impetus, hope your next job/project won't make you as busy as the previous one.

Fairly certain that this was just another species of Phantoms.

Ones that prey on basic urges to lure humans that survived, tempt them with promises of carnival pleasure... then explode and swallow them like black holes.

Smarter than just chasing after enemies, but useless if they don't understand how humans really work.

That chapter... Wtf did I just witness?

birth of vore, absorption, tentacle, slime, shapeshift , alien, dark hentai

I thought it was puberty, what with the body going through some strange changes and all, but your guess is as good as mine.

At this rate, Yaeko might try to find "Red Bull" at Masashi and do what she want to do ... =3= ...

Well, "Yoshitomi Akihito" is H mangaka ... so I wonder if it will happen or not ...

(I hope it happen tough)

but he's so into Yuri that he made the only guy a girl for 2 whole chapters.

I've been checking everyday, I hope the next chapter comes soon.

Anyway, I'll be calling it now. Masashi probably knows something about what's happening. Come to think of it, he's oddly confident that the people are going to be back for sure. That, and he's a math genius, he knows what's up I tell you, you can't be wrong with math.

"Without anyone left on the planet, math is kind of meaningless now."

"I don't think that's true."

"You're right... math was always meaningless."

(I kid, I kid.)

Agreed.

Spoiler

At this rate, Yaeko might try to find "Red Bull" at Masashi and do what she want to do ... =3= ...

Well, "Yoshitomi Akihito" is H mangaka ... so I wonder if it will happen or not ...

(I hope it happen tough)

I used to think that Snoopycool was in a class of its' own with all the great notes after each chapter, but you're right: i7 Scans does a great job (good grammar like Snoopy, too) and gives us gaijins neat insights into the curious intricacies of the Japanese language and culture.  I'm really grateful to them for bringing us a great manga like this.  Keep up the good work, folks, and great thanks for doing this while starting a new job and suffering a killer commute (I'm with you there, as I commute all the way through Los Angeles at the worst possible times for traffic).  

Best scanlation group in term of translation and translation note, I hope snoopycool will revive in the future since they're the only one that provide a translation note as good as this mmm...

Masashi just dodged bullet like a god.

Agreed.

Spoiler

Damn, read it all in one day.

Thanks for the translation and explanation. It's really helpful for someone learning Japanese, and the cultural stuff is really important to properly use the language. Although some explanations like what "fufu" laughter means or what "bento" is seems at times a bit excessive ;p

Masashi just dodged bullet like a god.
It's ironic because there's nothing "3D" about her chest at all.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics