Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.52 - 260votes)

Sekai Oni

Alt Names: alt 世界鬼alt Sekai Onialt Sekaionialt World Devilalt Дьявол Мира
Author: Okabe Uru
Artist: Okabe Uru
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHorror HorrorPsychological PsychologicalSeinen SeinenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A manga on Urasunday Magazine, Sekai Oni follows the story of a little girl called Shinonome Azuma.

With her parents dead or missing, Azuma has been taken into her uncle's family. However her new family has been harshly abusing her, to the point she has become so mentally unstable she developed the rare syndrome of Alice Through the Looking Glass, which makes her see things that shouldn't be there reflected on mirrors, water, glass, etc.

Everything begins when the things she sees start affecting the real world directly, and the barrier between reality and illusion breaks apart.

Welcome to the world at the other side of the mirror. Welcome to wonderland.

http://urasunday.com/sekaioni/index.html
Go to Sekai Oni Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Azuma's eye color New Window bronx819
  • 3 Replies
Topic Awesome pictures [maybe spoiler] New Window sradok
  • 2 Replies
Topic Search for Translator New Window sradok
  • 7 Replies
Topic Soon we start at chapter 3 (need proofreader) New Window sradok
  • 0 Replies

1343 Comments

So what's holding up the next chapter, my friend?

It's been at least TEN MINUTES since the last release!!!

Spoiler

I deliver translations almost daily, but what they do with it is up to them :P

what else did you expect now that i'm involved? :P

So what's holding up the next chapter, my friend?

It's been at least TEN MINUTES since the last release!!!

Spoiler

such fast update?
is that even real life?

what else did you expect now that i'm involved? :P

such fast update?
is that even real life?

...is that seriously what first came up to mind? so shop owners can't chase people that try to steal their stuff?

what world is this if you cant rape little girls in the alley if they try to steal from you huh

I liked that response!

I just hope that everyone else also saw it as a non-serious humorous comment as I did.  Although I have no doubt that there will be SOMEONE out there who suffers from DSS* who will be highly offended by both Railander's comment AND my clicking the "Like" button on it!

Spoiler

Most people would probably go research guns or some shit after what the Chesire Devil told them about creating weapons.

Meanwhile, little Azma goes and starts looking at books on hydrogen bombs, particle cannons, and antimatter.

...She's a keeper I tell you.

Spoiler

...is that seriously what first came up to mind? so shop owners can't chase people that try to steal their stuff?

what world is this if you cant rape little girls in the alley if they try to steal from you huh

Most people would probably go research guns or some shit after what the Chesire Devil told them about creating weapons.

Meanwhile, little Azma goes and starts looking at books on hydrogen bombs, particle cannons, and antimatter.

Spoiler

I agree with you... It is terrifying what she seeks and it shows us than she is way smarter than she appears or that she is more complex...

Spoiler

Spoiler:

This is actually just the raped girl's imagination playing things up.

What's really happening, is she's in a park with that beardy-dude, taking the place of his dead mother.

Spoiler

jk

I guess our enemies now are mad hatter huh?

found them by google searching the name in chinese that they have in the description, here you go up to chapter 64 i believe:

http://comic.sfacg.com/HTML/SJG/

wow 69 chapters.

wont even dare to check the raws since this series is more about actual plot and less about the art. hope more people pick it up.

Nice chapter and the story is developting well so far. There are some elements in the story that make me remember of Gantz.

Daaaamn, that post awakening page. I feel really bad for her... regardless, this manga is getting pretty interesting. Can't wait for more chapters.

'A '

Spoiler

And I enjoy the fact that author is paying attention to details.

Oh my. Didn't know this had updates.

The young girl character has enaged my sympathy mode in an overdriven fashion. I'm expecting no less than for her family to participate in a recreation of I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream.

Sadistic mode: Engage! Overdrive: Activate!

and it continues \o/

chapter 5 status :

cleaning : 100%

typesetting : 100%

proofreading : 5% my beloved proofreader is taken for the next weeks -,- someone who can translate sfx and have english skills?

chapter 6 status :

cleaning : 10%

chapter 7 status :

scanning : 5%

the proofreading's the easy part, you could also give it to me and i'll let some readers proofread them.

chapter 5 status :

cleaning : 100%

typesetting : 100%

proofreading : 5% my beloved proofreader is taken for the next weeks -,- someone who can translate sfx and have english skills?

chapter 6 status :

cleaning : 10%

chapter 7 status :

scanning : 5%

it's okay, i'm now in contact with the scanlator so i will help him out from time to time (my own projects still have higher priority, all you mob psycho and onepunchman fans relax :P )

I have raws in both Japanese and Chinese, in case you wanna do this series, just contact me for the raw~

Same I'll help ya if you find some raws also i will try to find them.

found them by google searching the name in chinese that they have in the description, here you go up to chapter 64 i believe:

http://comic.sfacg.com/HTML/SJG/

well, if someone offered me the raws, i could scanlate them...

Same I'll help ya if you find some raws also i will try to find them.

Looks like a good manga, though I am starting to wonder over Japan's (the writers) fixation on Alice in wonderland. There are just so many mangas tha draws inspiration from it (by varying degrees). Examples being "Pandora hearts" (character names), "where is Alice?", this manga (the one you probably just read and that is above this comment) as well as many more that I have forgotten the names of. Anyone knows why they are so fixated on that story? Is it because it is a sort of personification of the themes of the fairy tales from the west, which are exotique to them? (Yes, that sounded weird. Don't really understand half of what I wrote myself.) Well,it does not really affect the writing. So I have no problems with where the author draws his/her inspiration from. P.S. This is quite unrelated, but is anyone else feeling that this is similar too the Harry Potter novels. Probably just the fact that the main character is/was living with abusive relatives. But I still think at least a little of this as "Harry Potter: demon version"

the reason behind it must be the manga industry itself...they release a high number of mangas every month since remote times. You can search and find almost everything in terms of stories... And there is the influence of movies and series. A time ago were numerous the stories about vampires and zombies. I think it is common in a dynamic market like of the manga stories that seems equals or inspired in the same source. Sorry for my bad english.

well, if someone offered me the raws, i could scanlate them...

Only 4 chapters and last updated in July... too bad, it looked promising.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics