Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.63 - 404votes)

It's Not My Fault That I'm Not Popular!

Alt Names: alt 私がモテないのはどう考えてもお前らが悪い!alt It's Not My Fault That I'm Not Popular!alt WataMote
Author: Tanigawa Nico
Artist: Tanigawa Nico
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Kuroki Tomoko is a super popular, high school girl, who has had 50 years of dating experience, and 100 boys... in the Otome game world. In the real world, she is a 15 year old shut in, who has all of the qualities of a "mojo."

However, when school isn't going as she expected, and she isn't as popular as she had thought she was, she takes a look at herself in the mirror for the first time in a few years, and has some shocking revelations...

Spin-offs:

> It's Not My Fault That My Friend's Not Popular.
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/its-not-my-fault-that-my-friends-not-popular-r8377 )

> Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaete mo Omaera ga Warui! Anthology
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/watashi-ga-motenai-no-wa-dou-kangaete-mo-omaera-ga-warui-anthology-r10477 )
Go to It's Not My Fault That I'm Not Popular! Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Would you date the MC? New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 8 Replies
Topic Ucchi(Emoji-Girl) is getting way out of hand New Window TheEmojiFaceUcchi
  • 3 Replies
Topic Thus, I reviewed It's Not My Fault That I'm Not Popular! New Window Swifft
  • 2 Replies
Topic Kuroki's lesbian harem New Window fekalist
  • 12 Replies
Topic Watamote favorite girls New Window Roxis
  • 6 Replies
Topic who's more of a creep(yandere) the Emoji-Girl or Tomoko's cousin? New Window AndreaSuprema
  • 1 Replies

2046 Comments

Who’s Fugly??!! Not Yuri! I’m probably alone on this, but I think she’s really cute.

Yuri is Love, Yuri is Life.

P/S: Is it just me or the Shoujo Ai tag has always been there all this time?

although implausible(not sure if it will even ever happen for future chapters), I can't help but get the feeling that the only way Tomoko will actually defeat Kotomi, it won't be with over who Yu or Tomoki preferring to be around with more, but if Itou tells Kotomi "you know I really had a fun hanging out with Kuroki-san Koto" &somehow I can see that Kotomi was with Yu the entire time, for Itou &Tomoko to get to know each-other,  

And here I thought cringing any harder was impossible. Bravo, comment section, bravo. You truly have outdone yourself.

Who’s Fugly??!! Not Yuri! I’m probably alone on this, but I think she’s really cute.

You're not alone, mate!

Man, this chapter was like...a micro-cosm of why this manga got so much stronger and better with Tomoko's development and growth and the introduction of all these friends and side characters into her life.

Her interactions with them and their little issues and problems circling around her are just the best. I died at "I thought nothing she could do would disgust me. BUT I WAS WRONG"

With friends like that... she looks... normal???

Damn......I hope he doesn't tell her that. It would destroy what little self image she has left...

She blushed so hard she started ovulating.

Tomoki is so manly that he can make her ovulating with a single Word.

UCCHI MOTHER OF GOD UCCHI

First time I saw you in many many chapters before, never I knew you'd be this such a major creepy funny character :')

That's some doujin-level shit right here.

That was so random haha!

This makes me laugh so much every time I read it. How is it possible, it is still so good after so many years. Only one piece, hinamatsuri and watamote are getting better and better with time. 

Did a quick re-read of the chapters since the class trip. Limiting myself to two quick notes:

1) Oooh, Emoji Girl #2 is the one Tomoko's friends got as a replacement for Tomoko (who went to the restroom) in the cavalry battle in chapter 88! And she was in one frame in chapter 119, where she was alone in an arcade and seemed really good at whatever game she was playing. Now that I think of it, she didn't seem very concerned about having to part with anyone when she was looking over the class listing, so I'm starting to think Emoji Girl #2 needs some friends too!

2) Yoshida is truly the best person!

• She's a delinquent girl, and delinquent manga girls are the best manga girls!
  • She's (relatively) tall, and pretty, and she's got those sharp eyes.
  • She's a sucker for cute stuff! (Hello Kitty panties, obsessed with cute stuffed animals, Disneyland…)
  • She's sweetly naïve about some things! (Like thinking the UFO love hotel was a playground…)
  • She's so cool! The kind of girl who'd take a nap on a bench in the middle of the school yard, or who'd play pachinko in an arcade, or who'd kick her desk when someone puts poop chocolate in it. And she does that waving-goodbye-when-walking-away thing that all cool guys do.
  • She's so kind! Even when Tomoko gets on her nerves, she never actually beats her up! (At worst, Tomoko gets comic bruises that heal in the next frame.) And at graduation she took Tomoko to see the former council president when Tomoko hesitated.
  • She's such a hero! Remember the time that she, Tomoko and former-prez walked from school in the rain? First she forced Tomoko to accept her help (Tomoko had no umbrella), then she shielded prez from being splashed from a passing car, and then we see she'd let her own shoulder get wet from the rain to instead cover Tomoko with the umbrella. That's some shoujo dream guy level shit!

----

I had other thoughts, (like, appreciating the pervert angel Komiyama, or wondering if Kii-chan will return more messed up than ever after researching furry-yuri…) but it would just be a list of "remember that chapter when".

Well,the chapter is out already (though they haven’t posted it here) and man...this was a really fun chapter to read :T I think many people will really enjoy it ~

what are the chances in the future with the second emoji girl she's trying to get first place on some of Tomoko's favorite video game arcades?

Sometime ago I wrote about my expectations and previsions for this third and last year.
With the last chapter, something that I very much like to see is Tomoko realizing and thanking Ogino for all that she done for her. If not for this caring teachers school could have ended as a solitary experience for her.

I think there was a deliberate bait-and-switch where the reader is expected to think the end narration is Tomoko but it turns out to be Nemoto instead.

Could they become friends now? They moved a little closer before but Nemoto ended up being annoyed by her.

Wow...... Still processing that introduction by both girls. I’m not really sure what she means by I’m done pretending.

If it was unclear, that was Nemoto's thoughts, not Tomoko's. If it's still unclear, she means something like: "Up until now I have hidden my aspirations to become a voice actress, and by extension my interest in anime, because I was afraid that my friends would think less of me if they knew, that they would think I wasn't normal. But looking at Kuroki-san I can understand that being 'normal' isn't the only way to be. I'm still worried about what others may think, but for my last year of high school, I will stop hiding who I really am. I'm done pretending that I don't want to be a voice actress!"

Wow...... Still processing that introduction by both girls. I’m not really sure what she means by I’m done pretending.

somewhere mentioned in the comments bellow (I don't wanna dig for that comment)

"...and then she turned into a f*cking normie"

guess he was wrong

you think loneliness is your ally.

But you merely adopted the lone

I was born in it, molded by it

it will be funny if someone actually give her the 'boyfriend application' in the end XD

I'll think that they are bringing back all the people she knows into this class because they want to her to confront her actions at the start of the manga. That's why they brought back fist-bump-girl (2) and the self-introduction scene.  

It'd also save the artists the trouble of drawing more characters i think. Anyhow, this is a great chapter, i've never been giggling this hard :D

I'm all for Kuroki forgetting about guys and being content with her lesbian harem but if I had to point a cute interaction she ever had with a male, it would certainly be the one with that slacker from chap. 44

Spoiler

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics