Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 173votes)

Renai Kaidan Sayoko-san

Alt Names: alt Ren'ai Kaidan Sayoko-sanalt Renai Kaidan Sayokosanalt Sayoko-san's Romantic Ghost Storyalt 恋爱怪谈alt 恋愛怪談サヨコさん
Author: Kanzaki Shummi
Artist: Kanzaki Shummi
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Sayoko is an incredibly kind, but solitary, young kimono-clad lady who has certain supernatural abilities. She can see ghosts, and she frees them from their places of death by agreeing to let them haunt her instead. As a result, everywhere she goes, she is followed by an army of well-meaning spirits that only she can see. Her weirdness tends to throw any normal people who would have otherwise possibly become her friends.

Inaba is a poor college student who accidentally ran over her with his bicycle.
Go to Renai Kaidan Sayoko-san Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

239 Comments

Kanzaki-sensei is having way too much fun with this...

someone beat that senpai plz -_-

Double post by accident.

Dem covers.

i want to take a bath with sayoko-chan~

I had a creepy smile on my face like for this entire chapter. Just like Sayako-san. I have the smile just thinking about the chapter. Am I smiling because I was scared happy?
Oh psycho-san you're so damn moe. Even if a bit yandere...

fabulous-lvl-anime_o_888481.jpg

I don't think I'd ever have made the "Psycho-san" connection on my own, just because Sayoko is so sweet (if a bit off-kilter). And that sanpaku look...

So kawaii~

the distorted aura became a moe aura.

Rather than perverseness, it's more like desperation to get into contact with her beoved man...

First sniffing Inaba's boxers, then wearing his face mask... I'm afraid of what Sayoko will do when they start dating!

The spirits that possess her aren't really "bad" spirits. They're just spirits that weren't able to move on for some reason when they died.

For instance, Panda-san died while working for a shop he loved, so stayed around afterwards to continue working for it. He ended up bound to/haunting the location. Daruma-san died a very lonely little girl and was unable to move on because of that, being bound to/haunting the playground where she played with her imaginary friends. Her spirit ended up a bit rougher than usual because of the negative feelings that bound her.

Still, backstory on the more active spirits wouldn't be a bad thing.

yeah, thats what i meant to say, just cant find the word for it. but still, a nun is one of the last people u would expect that have a thing attached that makes her unable to move on. thats why i think she has quite a backstory to tell that makes her stuck as a spirit

anyone ever wondered how Utakata-san(the nun ghost) ever became a bad spirit in the first place? cause with how she behaves and her calm character, its kind of hard to think she's a bad ghost.

i think a backstory about her would be pretty interesting

The spirits that possess her aren't really "bad" spirits. They're just spirits that weren't able to move on for some reason when they died.

For instance, Panda-san died while working for a shop he loved, so stayed around afterwards to continue working for it. He ended up bound to/haunting the location. Daruma-san died a very lonely little girl and was unable to move on because of that, being bound to/haunting the playground where she played with her imaginary friends. Her spirit ended up a bit rougher than usual because of the negative feelings that bound her.

Still, backstory on the more active spirits wouldn't be a bad thing.

anyone ever wondered how Utakata-san(the nun ghost) ever became a bad spirit in the first place? cause with how she behaves and her calm character, its kind of hard to think she's a bad ghost.

i think a backstory about her would be pretty interesting

I'm feeling all giddy now that Sayoko is scoring brownie points with Inaba without silly mistakes or misunderstanding getting in the way. He is finally noticing her xD

As she slowly becomes more and more perverse, I can feel myself empathizing with her more. Which is bad. Stay away from the dark side, Sayoko-san! We are too filthy, do not join us here! It's not worth iiiiit!
Uuuuuu~ The Daruma-san girl's story made me so sad! I was one of those kids that chose to play alone, so I have an idea of what she went through.

Way back in chapter 1, when Sayoko saved Panda-san. Of course, he doesn't believe that she actually has spiritual powers, only that she believes she does.

tho i think with this chapter he may be seeing something, if too many concedences add up hard to not think something is there

Ah. So sweet and so creepy.

Did I miss a chapter? How did the young man learn that Sayoko has supernatural powers?

Way back in chapter 1, when Sayoko saved Panda-san. Of course, he doesn't believe that she actually has spiritual powers, only that she believes she does.

Did I miss a chapter? How did the young man learn that Sayoko has supernatural powers?

Sayoko-san makes the cutest faces ever~.

I like all her spirit friends, especially Panda-san and the Utakata-san.

I've been a big fan of Japanese Youkai and spirits. They're way more interesting than most monsters in Western culture! I mean, some Youkai don't even require violence or some form of defense.

For people who want to read more about Yokai, I highly recommend the manga 'Hell Teacher Nube' and 'Ushio to Tora'. The latter has already been fully translated on this site and is written very well!

spoiler for ch 20

Spoiler

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics