Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.72 - 1090votes)

Dungeon Meshi

Alt Names: alt ダンジョン飯alt Delicious in Dungeon
Author: Kui Ryoko
Artist: Kui Ryoko
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureAward Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyCooking CookingDrama DramaFantasy FantasySeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: After getting his sister devoured by a dragon and losing all their supplies in a failed dungeon raid, Laius and his party are determined to save his sister before she gets digested. Completely broke and having to resort to eating monsters as food, they meet a dwarf who will introduce them to the world of dungeon meshi - Delicious cuisines made from ingredients such as the flesh of giant bats, walking mushroom, or even screaming mandrakes.

BEWARE!: This Manga could make you hungry.
Go to Dungeon Meshi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Where do you Draw the Line? New Window IlikeLolis
  • 44 Replies
Topic Latest Chapter discussion New Window Epolimar
  • 18 Replies
Topic Thus, I reviewed Dungeon Meshi New Window Swifft
  • 7 Replies
Topic quick question - where are these pages from New Window sappysnappy
  • 2 Replies
Topic Is the series ending soon? New Window lygarx
  • 22 Replies
Topic Suggestions for name translations New Window vedasisme
  • 4 Replies

2608 Comments

Man I loved that chapter. I'm curious who imagined each variant.

Yes! We're back to the usual "weird monster + Laius = Marcille is suffering" hijinks!

Sureau and Kabru can go F themselves.

Nobody likes them.

Sureau is an okay person, but i agree on the other one he's righteous, that is the worst kind of ppl.

Oh my god this chapter is amusing like holy shit I did not expect it would be this fun

Really neat chapter. Make us readers pay attention as well. If I want to guess, Marchille with two scrunchie in front is the real one if going by her hairstyle in previous chapter. Assuming she did not change her hairstyle, mangaka pretty devious on hiding her hair in this chapter. Senshi with weird detail nose is the fake one. I really did not notice any different with Chilcak.

After re-thinking/reading a-lot I'm getting a bit serious...and wanna understand this correctly before the answer was shown.

Laius's: 
Chilchack is the one with normal looking/height but with wrong details here and there. Because he maybe a sharp observer but lacking in attention making him missed some minor details.
Senshi is the one with normal looking/height but with wrong details. The same his image of Chilchack
Marcille is the one with normal and current hair style. Because he is the only one that have seen the book shown in chapter 34 and sharp enough to remember.

Chilchack's:
Laius is the one with crazy looks. Since he clearly is the only one that seriously think Laius is dumb and border line insane.
Senshi is the one that vaguely higher and with wrong image of tools, because he feels that Senshi is higher than him and I also never saw him show interest in cooking, if any thing, after rereading the closet he did was peeling a potato in chapter 8.
Marcille is the one with usual hair style and gibberish book, because the looks was right but not current, more of a general image of Marcille, and the book is the same reason as Senshi.

Senshi's:
Laius is the one that strangely height and with stub all over his face, since he state earlier that he can't discern other racial real age because difference in biology, seeing Laius shaving a facial hair and very tall making him think Laius was older than he really is.
Chilchack is the one with plum face resembling gnome, he considered him to be a very young Gnome.
Marcille is the one with older look, he must think she was actually older than she looks and using dark arts...

Marcille's:
Laius is the one with Farlyn eyes, since she thinks Laius is resemble Farlyn as her twin.
Chilchack is the one with cute eyes, since she thinks Chilchack is cute.
Senshi is the one that shortest but looks cooler than real one, since she that is his image for her, must be because of all those tasty food...

Yes! We're back to the usual "weird monster + Laius = Marcille is suffering" hijinks!

Sureau and Kabru can go F themselves.

Nobody likes them.

The letters are who I think each clone was created by.

Spoiler

Marcille changes everyone's face according to how she thinks of them. She thinks Laius is gentle and dopey and looks like Farilyn. Chilchack is capable but somewhat childlike. And Senshi is an unwashed barbarian.

Chilchack gets all of the faces right, but he doesn't know Marcille's spellbook or Senshi's cooking supplies. And he just makes fun of Laius.

Senshi is terrible at appearances. Only Chilchack's clone was even vaguely right, but it's still the most childlike.

And finally, Laius is good at faces but doesn't care about details like clothing. There's no way he would remember Marcille's elaborate hairstyle.

Wow that was really well done lol

The letters are who I think each clone was created by.

Spoiler

Marcille changes everyone's face according to how she thinks of them. She thinks Laius is gentle and dopey and looks like Farilyn. Chilchack is capable but somewhat childlike. And Senshi is an unwashed barbarian.

Chilchack gets all of the faces right, but he doesn't know Marcille's spellbook or Senshi's cooking supplies. And he just makes fun of Laius.

Senshi is terrible at appearances. Only Chilchack's clone was even vaguely right, but it's still the most childlike.

And finally, Laius is good at faces but doesn't care about details like clothing. There's no way he would remember Marcille's elaborate hairstyle.

Laius will never betray us!

This was a fun chapter, more manga like this please!

Mmm, I would love to be surrounded by cute Marcilles...

Hahahaha, those shapeshifter faces are priceless!

I wonder how will they determine Marcille's fake?[/size]
Cause it should be based on [/size]Laius (only one who knows enough about spells)[/size]

Problem is, !Marcile is likely Laius’s: the only one who knows enough about magic to make a valid magic book but still not enough to actually make it 100% precise, meaning that he won’t be able to spot the difference or, worse, will think the fake is real.

That said, I wonder if !Marcile is able to cast magic.

Senshi doesnt seem to be happy throughout this chapter

Laius misses details. Chilchaak exaggerates facial features and height differences. Senshi doesn't understand magic tomes or lockpicks and sees everyone else as innocent children. Marcille probably doesn't know much about used cookware or appreciate Laius's need to consume.

I think it's Senshi who is exaggerating heights, not Chilchack. Senshi has said before that he doesn't notice much about the differences in other species. Plus, by process of elimination, I think the idiot Laius is Chilchack's (since the others seem to respect him more) and the "cutesy" one is Marcille's (mainly because it looks more like Farilyn with the often-closed eyes). So, botox Marcille, baby-face Chilcack, and NBA Laius are probably from Senshi. 

That was definitely an amazing chapter.

By lewding Marcille.

By making her delicious monster food, which she will reject at first, but then test, taste, enjoy a lot, break into break dance over the sheer insanity of it, and then look at Laius with upturned eyes and admit that she kinda started to look forward to what they'll catch and cook. At which point the four others send her to jail, being clearly Laius' inner fantasy.

That or they could break out the succubus gear again.

He's sharing a knowing look of contempt with Chilchack over Marcille and Laius going on about evil ol' magic and thinking they can reason with someone called the Mad Sorcerer.

that one is the last panel, and I agree about that look.  I'm talking about the panel in the middle of the page, where it's just Marcille and Senshi.  It could be that he's just being distrustful of magic, but that's an odd place for a sweat drop, after mentions of cannibalism.

I wonder how will they determine Marcille's fake?

Cause it should be based on Laius (only one who knows enough about spells)

By lewding Marcille.

Laius misses details. Chilchaak exaggerates facial features and height differences. Senshi doesn't understand magic tomes or lockpicks and sees everyone else as innocent children. Marcille probably doesn't know much about used cookware or appreciate Laius's need to consume.

The remaining shapeshifters are Chilchaak's Senshi (nose), Lauis's Marcille (basic understanding of magic), Marcille's Chilchaak (cute?).

More importantly will we find out what shapeshifter tastes like next chapter?

No it's Senshi's Chilchaak, cuz he see's him as a child

It's funny how Laius had it easiest because everyone has such poor perceptions of him.

Laius' lack of perceptive powers regarding humans is only matched by his astuteness regarding monsters. He won't recognize which ones are the real, he will identify the monsters. Because he loves them.

a4sb4xb.png

Hold on, the real Laius is clearly this one!

Why are they listening to the shapeshifter?

The painting chapter is chapter 12 if someone wants to take a look.

As for the fakes, Marcille have the habit of braiding her hair, Chilchack ears give him away and Senshi is the harder one, the nose is different and I think the one with the rounder nose is the real one.

The last time I entered a painting, I encountered a giant woman with a fluffy tail...

medium.jpg

The remaining shapeshifters are Chilchaak's Senshi (nose), Lauis's Marcille (basic understanding of magic), Marcille's Chilchaak (cute?).

More importantly will we find out what shapeshifter tastes like next chapter?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics