Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.51 - 255votes)

Maou na Ano Ko to Murabito A

Alt Names: alt Aquela garota rei demônio e o Aldeão Aalt 魔王なあの娘と村人Aalt 魔王女孩与村民Aalt 魔王属性少女与村民Aalt Maou na Anoko to Murabito Aalt That Demon Lord Girl and Villager A
Author: Yuuki Rin
Artist: Tsucaco
Genres: Comedy ComedyEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyHarem HaremRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A lonely "demon lord" and a self-centered "hero"!?
What about "villager A", caught in the middle!?

This is a school that prepares people for roles in fantasy stories. However, those who possess the "traits" of a "warrior" or "wizard" are but a few. Most will become no more than mere "villagers". I, Satou, am also one of those "villagers"; but one day, a girl possessing the trait of "demon lord", Ryuugamine Ouko, set her eyes on me. She's short and a surprisingly calm, good girl, but she'll abruptly mutter about destroying mankind; give me a break. Taking up the opposition with passion is my childhood friend, Hikarigaoka Tsubasa; she's more trouble. This girl is also quite the beauty, but as soon as she makes up her mind, she's an absolute troublemaker...

This is a world that's slightly abnormal,
with a slightly abnormal cast, interwoven in their dilemmas; a slapstick comedy!

adaptation of the light novel series written by Yuuki Rin with illustrations by Akahito
Go to Maou na Ano Ko to Murabito A Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic How the demon queen plot cannot work New Window Epolimar
  • 0 Replies
Topic Maou na Ano Ko to Murabito A Character Design New Window closed_21
  • 2 Replies

449 Comments

true that, and you know what premature adaptation leads to... SHITTY ART.

Spoiler

A lot of these series are based on Light Novels. That's why there's a lot of freedom for companies when deciding on character design for the anime. The canon is NOT the manga, but the LNs, and the illustration style usually follows that of the LN illustrations. This is what happened to Maoyuu and Haganai. However, in general the harem series tend to get better character design for their anime precisely because it's important for the companies to sell merchandise, and if the character design is not popular, the merchandise won't sell. A good case in point is Outbreak Company, where Myuser's character design got a super upgrade.

inb4 anime adaptation.

true that, and you know what premature adaptation leads to... SHITTY ART.

Spoiler

inb4 anime adaptation.

reading halfway into the first chapter reminded me of Medaka Box (well...main character and friend). 

im liking it so far!

I'm guessing his Persona is The Dragon as that gives him the greatest flexibility.  Dragons can hide in villages, as allies, be friends and rivals to the heroes, can betray the Big Bads, can Usurp Power from the Big Bad can be redeemed or be the Greater Evil.  So many possibilities.

If the MC had a persona it would be "Princess".

I think it will be princess XD 

Well that would give the hero and demon lord a good reason to fight.

Not world conquest/saving but to capture/save the princess.

In the first chapter

"Does a hero snoop around people's belongings without permission?"

Guess the MC hasn't played an RPG ever xD

Or, he could turn out to be a mediator or not just villager 1, but the ultimate...Village-elder!

There was a korean webtoon where a Village-elder was talking about how a holy sword indicated in a prophecy could only be pulled out by a hero, and to demonstrate that not everyone could remove it, he pulled it, and it came out....so something like that? Village-elder-turned-hero?

on a side note, why do I get a feeling that her mentality is that of a 'Demon King' because she sees everything which humans do is part of their self destruction, not because she wants to destroy mankind

The both of them are really really cute, hell even the sensei should get a few guys asking her for a date.  this is like Boku wa Tomodachi hopefully the MC isn't pushing girls to the side on purpose 

The MC had no "Persona".

Spoiler

Did anybody else notice the potential pun of "Shimapan" as meaning "striped buns" since "Pan" can mean "bread"?

Spoiler

I think I would term your way of thinking as "exuberantly healthy".

I don't know about it becoming shit, but

Spoiler

Spoiler

Or he can be the 'side kick', which means he can either be the Demon Lord's dark knight or the Hero's companion

And the two will have a fight over him

Or, he could turn out to be a mediator or not just villager 1, but the ultimate...Village-elder!

Here's hoping his persona turns out to be General or Dark Knight or something, basically Ouka's trusted champion.

Or he can be the 'side kick', which means he can either be the Demon Lord's dark knight or the Hero's companion

And the two will have a fight over him

Here's hoping his persona turns out to be General or Dark Knight or something, basically Ouka's trusted champion.

If that's how man's demise looks like. I'm all ready to be demised

sort of get the impression that Ouko is actually quite caring, only it is rather extreme.. for example when they talked about what happens when you eat to much over time, i.e. get overweight, then she would try helping out, but her demon king persona would make her burn down crops etc..

or so I think.

If being evil and following the Maou is wrong...THEN I DON'T WANT TO BE RIGHT!!!

Spoiler

ALL HAIL THE MAOU 

:P

we-are-not-worthy.gif

I'm going to guess that Satou's Persona is actually "Reluctant Hero."

IMO, his persona is going to be "Secret Boss - aka The man behind the man"

def. princess!

anyway, seems interesting for now, following this for now.

i am betting more on some big role shrouded by lazyness...

kind of reminds of YOH in shaman king and the like... i am sure there are better examples but that is the one i can think of right now.

All I can do is hope that this manga doesn't become shit by introducing a ton of new female characters. Leave it with just the Hero and Maou, please.

I don't know about it becoming shit, but

Spoiler

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics