Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.72 - 1090votes)

Dungeon Meshi

Alt Names: alt ダンジョン飯alt Delicious in Dungeon
Author: Kui Ryoko
Artist: Kui Ryoko
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureAward Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyCooking CookingDrama DramaFantasy FantasySeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: After getting his sister devoured by a dragon and losing all their supplies in a failed dungeon raid, Laius and his party are determined to save his sister before she gets digested. Completely broke and having to resort to eating monsters as food, they meet a dwarf who will introduce them to the world of dungeon meshi - Delicious cuisines made from ingredients such as the flesh of giant bats, walking mushroom, or even screaming mandrakes.

BEWARE!: This Manga could make you hungry.
Go to Dungeon Meshi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Where do you Draw the Line? New Window IlikeLolis
  • 44 Replies
Topic Latest Chapter discussion New Window Epolimar
  • 18 Replies
Topic Thus, I reviewed Dungeon Meshi New Window Swifft
  • 7 Replies
Topic quick question - where are these pages from New Window sappysnappy
  • 2 Replies
Topic Is the series ending soon? New Window lygarx
  • 22 Replies
Topic Suggestions for name translations New Window vedasisme
  • 4 Replies

2608 Comments

The way these shapeshifters work remind me of the Dead Hermit's eyes in Adventure Time.

God I remember that. Hasn't been updated in a year though.

It was so good. But the author discontinued it, last I heard.

every manga with "adventure" tag are pretty much like RPG, you can't get stronger if you don't grind, especially if you don't just stumbled upon legendary sword after following topless dude with exposed nipple

God I remember that. Hasn't been updated in a year though.

Why this manga become typical rpg ?

every manga with "adventure" tag are pretty much like RPG, you can't get stronger if you don't grind, especially if you don't just stumbled upon legendary sword after following topless dude with exposed nipple

Why this manga become typical rpg ?

>Everyone in the comments busy sperging out about who the Doppelgangers are
>No one noticed there are more than 4 people on Page 8
>mfw

I had noticed that the cuff of the sleeve didn't match any of our 4 heroes, but I had previously chalked that up to a shape-shifter still working on the details or maybe still wearing the shape of it's last victim. But now that you mention it, it does bear a strong resemblance to Asebi's cuffs as seen on page 23 of ch 36. Can't see if the hand has her claws though.

I look forward to seeing Laius's excitement over finally getting a beastman in his party, at least, if she ever decides to lend a hand.

>mfw

tumblr_ovr47mi6vP1vj38ulo1_500.png

>see the page

<gasp>

>mfw

tumblr_ovr47mi6vP1vj38ulo1_500.png

I can't get over that "doodle corner!" in the magic book, lol

Calling it now: the last fake remaining will be one of the Marcilles, and they'll be able to tell because "the real Marcille would never eat a monster without throwing a fit!"

Oh boy. That'll be fun if the last Marcille is the one from Laius's memories, then he'll assume the one that matches what he thinks of Marcille is the real one.

No vote for "everyone are fakes"?

Spoiler

I really hope that there will be the answer in the next chapter.

I think it's funny that everyone is mocking Laius for his poor observational skills when his copies (as far as we know) are the closest to the originals, only being off in minor points of their dress. Meanwhile, the others have horrible misconceptions about their companions' facial structure, stature, and personality.

it's more about racial feature, laius is human race who only interested in monster so his POV of race like halfling, elf and dwarf are pretty much just another humanoid people, while elf and dwarf have history of hating each other and have different point of view about magic or non-magic user

shown how senshi throw tantrum when the party demand him to use water walk spell, chil who mocked marcille when she said it's ok to learn basic spell and senshi who think chilchack is pretty much a baby

so while laius look at them neutrally the other party look at each other mixed with their own imagination of other race

that's what i think at least

I think it's funny that everyone is mocking Laius for his poor observational skills when his copies (as far as we know) are the closest to the originals, only being off in minor points of their dress. Meanwhile, the others have horrible misconceptions about their companions' facial structure, stature, and personality.

It's a pity Laius was so easy to determine.  I'd have been interested in seeing if the Shapeshifter duplicated Kensuke.

my guesses:

Spoiler

The shiny-haired Marcille with the nonsense magic book is likely to be Senshi's, given how there was a chapter was spent on the two bonding over both subjects.

Spoiler

But Senshi hates magic!

The letters are who I think each clone was created by.

Spoiler

Marcille changes everyone's face according to how she thinks of them. She thinks Laius is gentle and dopey and looks like Farilyn. Chilchack is capable but somewhat childlike. And Senshi is an unwashed barbarian.
Chilchack gets all of the faces right, but he doesn't know Marcille's spellbook or Senshi's cooking supplies. And he just makes fun of Laius.
Senshi is terrible at appearances. Only Chilchack's clone was even vaguely right, but it's still the most childlike.
And finally, Laius is good at faces but doesn't care about details like clothing. There's no way he would remember Marcille's elaborate hairstyle.

A few problems, Chilchaak is the observant one. Chilchaak is the short one. Chilchaak would know what a used wok looks like. While Marcille isn't an expert in traps & lockpicking she seemed as confidant in Chilchaak's skill as Laius while the one who was completely indifferent to it was Senshi.

I must consume.

I wonder if you can eat shapeshifters... ehehe

Calling it now: the last fake remaining will be one of the Marcilles, and they'll be able to tell because "the real Marcille would never eat a monster without throwing a fit!"

When that one queer kid is your last hope...
What if Marcille is kidnapped already and all Marcille are shapeshifters?

The shiny-haired Marcille with the nonsense magic book is likely to be Senshi's, given how there was a chapter was spent on the two bonding over both subjects.

Spoiler

I hope Laius' insanity bleeds into and imprints onto "his" shapeshifters (they all look unhinged in their own way, especially super-Laius who is TERRIFYING in the jail cell like an imprisoned Dark Souls Hollow) and they convince the other ones to form their own doppleganger adventuring group to eat other monsters.

Man I loved that chapter. I'm curious who imagined each variant.

the chilchak with the larger eyes/pupils/whatever is from senshi's mind, since he thinks chilchak is a kid.

i'm fine with having extra marcilles so i don't care

she's cute

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics