Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.65 - 158votes)

Mayonaka no X Giten

Alt Names: alt 半夜的X仪式alt 真夜中のX儀典alt Mayonaka no Cross Methodalt Midnight Cross Method
Author: Yamaguchi Mikoto
Artist: Bareisho
Genres: Drama DramaEcchi EcchiGender Bender Gender BenderMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Hiroki has a plump NEET Shut-in for an older sister, which leads him to always think "It's better to be a girl!"

While taking care of his plump lazy self-centered sister Yui, he has finally had enough of her behaviour, and snaps at her. Griping about his plump sister, Hiroki mutters "I wish we weren't related", and accesses a mysterious website address.

The website claims to allow you to enter the body of another person, as long as you are willing to make your own body available as well. Skeptical, Hiroki tries the service and winds up in the body of popular idol Mikuriya Mikuni.

While spending time as Mikuni, Hiroki is involved in finding out a secret about her he'd rather not. At the same time, when seeking to go back to his own body, the person occupying it tells him something outrageous has just happened!

What happened to Hiroki's body during the incident? And what is the idol Mikuni's big secret? Be witness to the suspense as these mysteries pile up!
Go to Mayonaka no X Giten Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Cleans for chapter 3 New Window Agnir
  • 0 Replies
Topic Cleans For Chapter 1 New Window Agnir
  • 0 Replies

378 Comments

Guys , guys... the manga is good. But i saw one thing. THE VERY FIRST PAGE , YOUR CREDIT PAGE!!!
Man , who would have thought that you are guys reading The Stormlight Archive ? Thought i didn't saw your group name at first , putting Shalan Dalar from the 2nd book inside cover ( Words of Radiance ) really made my day :)
If you are interested , i can scan the soft cover of the books , which is a different one from the English editions , so you can use it :)

Aah I had just finished stormlight archive and its an awesome book so I used that name for our group XD

Guys , guys... the manga is good. But i saw one thing. THE VERY FIRST PAGE , YOUR CREDIT PAGE!!!

Man , who would have thought that you are guys reading The Stormlight Archive ? Thought i didn't saw your group name at first , putting Shalan Dalar from the 2nd book inside cover ( Words of Radiance ) really made my day :)

If you are interested , i can scan the soft cover of the books , which is a different one from the English editions , so you can use it :)

Finally done editing done by me translation and QC by aereus, translation and TLC by dowolf

FYI that Volume 1 of Mayonaka no X Giten is now available! So if you like the series and want to show your support, pick up a copy!

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-1736465

Should be around $9 from them after SAL shipping.

Also, here is a high res scan of the cover. I'll do the back cover tomorrow, as it's basically the reverse of this one: Mikuni in the background, with Hiroki in the foreground "X".

Spoiler

What I suspect happened to the Hiroki's sister based on evidence in chapter 1.

Spoiler

Cleaning and Redrawing finished (Ch7) waiting for translation

The Raws just updated Ch7 Updated about 20 pgs of the manga and a major spoiler in the raws naah i shouldn't give the spoiler. will start working on raws in a while XD

Damn, this series is so good, I just wish I didn't have to wait a month between releases. My biggest fear is that this series gets axed like his last murder mystery.

notes:

p1: should be "In this ensemble, / anyone and everyone / could be a suspect!" Yes, the japanese has furigana saying "suspect suspense," but Yamiguchi Mikoto's English is awful. It's better to go with the Japanese text, as it actually makes sense.

p3: just translate "忘れ物" as "thing he forgot." It makes the sentences far more natural.
--Also, the last bubble should be "That’s the phrase he used—the “thing he forgot”!"--there's no explicit declaration in Japanese that that referenced his sister (and minding the small stuff is key for a mystery!)

p4: Hiroki's first line should be "I’m… not so sure…", which should make Mikuni's response make sense. As for the last panel, Mikuni's response (second bubble) should be "So you're not sure at all," and then the Hiroki's next line (third bubble) should be "But something feels off about all this..."

p6: she says she'll cut off his dick (which makes more sense), and implies that Mikuni will get the body.

p7: first panel, should be "Didn’t you say something about putting a transmitter in your clothes?"
--second panel: specifically, she says saying that made things worse
--last panel: should be "How’d it turn out? Is Kirishima your foe?"

p8: second panel, she's specifically asking if there's any proof.
--next-to-last panel, Mikuni says "You used Kirishima’s own Cross Ability to prove his innocence…?" (minor difference, but it makes significantly more sense)

p9, third panel, first bubble is missing. Should be "He could’ve just had someone else write the line saying he’s not the culprit!"

p10: "With me" is not present in the original text. And since we don't know which of the two they're sticking in prison... Details!

p11: Should be "Oh, were you asleep"
--Next panel, should be "I’m sorry… But if you don’t eat properly, you’ll never get your strength back."

p13: Next-to-last panel, second bubble, should be "I can't even think about that right now"

I have an eerie feeling that her sister is the actual murderer O____o

Nah the culprit is the aunt , that talk about not having children pretty much was her telling "I killed your parents and framed your brother so i could get you"

Edit

Krichima story is almost the same as shizuka from his other work XD and it could be that the culprit was also the aunt XD.

Kuroneko from Oreimo

I think it's not kirishima who wrote the note but someone else.

http://vatoto.com/read/_/292065/mayonaka-no-x-giten_ch6_by_stormlight/9

It would really be fucked up if the reason he's killing his own sister because the sister is the real family murderer

Eerie feeling? It reeks everywhere!

But, truth be told... it seems weird. I wonder what the author will come with next time... and I expect more pages in the next release as well.

I read Bareisho's doujins so much, I'm slightly taken aback when finding out he's drawing this series.

Ch-6 Released Presented By-

Aereus  - Translation

IRST  - Color Redraw

Crimson Thief - Editing

Work on Ch-6 is almost done hopefully release in a few days

Thanks bro.

Work on Ch-6 is almost done hopefully release in a few days

Dang this is good mystery. B)

Is anyone else getting some Mirai Nikki vibes, or is it just me?

Not quite, but I can see how one could get that vibe...

Dang this is good mystery. B)

Is anyone else getting some Mirai Nikki vibes, or is it just me?

Hey am i the only one who noticed but the second page is a gif and yeah that credits page is cool

Spoiler
Thanks for the chapter. The plot thickens.

Well at least that guy isn't lying about the note

He only care about murdering his family

I doubt it's Kirishima who's in Mikuni's body. How would a guy know of a store with women's clothing that lets you try them on the streets and a karaoke place with fake camera's. How would a guy know a girl's ecstasy?

Kirishima didn't try them on in the street... he pointed towards the store, so the assumption is they then went INTO the store for the clothes... there is nothing special about the store.

As for the camera being off -- I could easily see "her" passing some cash to the person running it for "alone time", or maybe they had a previous understanding at that place before Kirishima was arrested. We also don't know if that Kirishima is the original one, after all. There are still mysteries like maybe the one in Kirishima was inhabited by a girl, etc.

Haha I forgot they were switched in the beginning of chapter 5.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics