Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.68 - 161votes)

Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction

Alt Names: alt デッドデッドデーモンズデデデデデストラクションalt Ölü Ölü Şeytanın Yıyıyıyıyıkımıalt DDDDalt Dead Dead Demons Dededededestructionalt Dededede
Author: Asano Inio
Artist: Asano Inio
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaPsychological PsychologicalSchool Life School LifeSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A new series by Asano Inio (Oyasumi Punpun, Solanin) about the lives of two high school girls living in Tokyo after aliens have invaded. Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction is a self-styled dystopian slice-of-life that reflects on modern societal and political issues in Japan while still maintaining a sense of humor and frivolity.
Go to Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Thoughts on the Manga New Window ballinbaroque
  • 2 Replies
Topic Ontan Faces Thread New Window DerSteppenwolf
  • 4 Replies
Topic Chapter 31 Dedededevelopments Discussion New Window Bana
  • 1 Replies
Topic Humor's a Relief New Window wigjump
  • 1 Replies

363 Comments

Fuck yeah On-tan! Hit a homerun and shoot down his mothership!

WINTER?!

Great... just when they start the love stuff, the world is going to go all to hell...

Just another day in paradise.

Morros, como pueden ver la calidad de la traducción al español es apenas aceptable, el principal motivo de esto es que carecemos de un corrector de estilo que arregle esas acrobacias mentales que cometemos Kurozen y yo. 

Pido atentamente un voluntario que nos ayude ayude a perfeccionar la traducción final y arreglar ciertas oraciones que se escuchen "extrañas".

Manden un MP o lo que sea.

That'll teach the little submariners from invading our planet!

This is horrible. 

This is just depressing...

And I Love it!

Go you little fuckers. Give us hell cause we deserve it.

Jesus no more smiles today I guess

On-tan saying what we were all thinking:

"Hanya-nya-fuwah!"

aw, she's on kadode's side.. sweet.

Oh, and by the way. Here's a quote I think might be relevant to this whole squids vs. octopus vs. silent majority debate, by Elie Wiesel, an author and holocaust survivor who died the other day. It's from his Nobel Peace Prize acceptance speech:

"Whenever and wherever human beings endure suffering and humiliation, take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented."

Spoiler

Oh man some serious shit is about to go down, I can just feel it.

Wow. I'm so intrigued to find out where this is going, I get a tingly feeling in my palms every time I see there's a new chapter.

Oh, and by the way. Here's a quote I think might be relevant to this whole squids vs. octopus vs. silent majority debate, by Elie Wiesel, an author and holocaust survivor who died the other day. It's from his Nobel Peace Prize acceptance speech:

"Whenever and wherever human beings endure suffering and humiliation, take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented."

Might have to change the "human beings" part of the quote, though...

If the idol presentation didn't made the fascist drift clear for everyone I don't know what would.

would Gate, Girls und Panzer, Upotte, Strike Witches, and Kantai Collection count as fascism? if anything, it's a commentary on how PR and commercialization works in their culture, and how they might approach selling things like weaponry. stick an idol on anything or make a girl persona based on it, and you'll get more support from the general public. that's how it works, no need for cost analysis or anything.

And that janitor is still looking for Isobeyan to this day.

If the idol presentation didn't made the fascist drift clear for everyone I don't know what would. Btw I don't think humans were wrong for attaking at first since there was an accident with a lot casualties, but after 4 years of killing aliens as if they were sitting ducks it's insane to not question your line of action. Previous scenes have shown the government is all too interested in inflating the economy trough military expenditure, get alien technology, gain prestige on the world stage thanks to new weaponry and excusing all of the above and a lot more with the "alien threat".

A fair opinion that doesn't go to an extreme, that's explained simply without the need to get into political semantics and idealism?

You might be in the wrong comments section.

If the idol presentation didn't made the fascist drift clear for everyone I don't know what would. Btw I don't think humans were wrong for attaking at first since there was an accident with a lot casualties, but after 4 years of killing aliens as if they were sitting ducks it's insane to not question your line of action. Previous scenes have shown the government is all too interested in inflating the economy trough military expenditure, get alien technology, gain prestige on the world stage thanks to new weaponry and excusing all of the above and a lot more with the "alien threat".

Dead invaders in your area. Swipe left to kill.

This soldier embodies the dangerous fervor that accompanies nationalism and war hawks. He's not a bad guy, he even sympathizes with the invaders, but as a soldier his duty is to follow orders. Whether those orders benefit Japan's government or its people is unclear. He's just a cog in a machine as Japan's government tries to reclaim its political might through military strength. And in the end all is for naught as that giant ufo is gonna come crashing down causing another nuclear catastrophe. Alternatively and ironically their treatment of the invaders could lead to an actual invasion anyways. Love the feel of this manga, a good portrayal of the powerlessness average humans experience in their routine lives. 

I'm also guessin that they must have some alien prisoners, how long till they try to access the ship? 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

i hope you read chapter 36, because Ikeda Nori is the embodiment of what i've been saying since the beginning. he isn't a battle lusting killer, just one bound by duty. whether invader, american, chinese, or whatever, he believes that threats to his people must be addressed seriously. he kills the invaders because they are a threat, not because of hatred. his actions are based on duty not morality. you would like for me to be a caricature of a warmonger, but i'm not. the reality is that there are things that must be done in order to protect the things you love; and often, those things are not beautiful and ideal. i realize that killing others is not the perfect solution, but given the circumstances, it is the only one they have.

Sorta relevant:

Spoiler

Hooooooooly shit that was some heavy stuff.

Like damn.

Cute girls living their daily lives my ass.

I see that you are trying to "tell it as it is". Except all you did was make several clumsy attempts at ridicule and not actually address the points Bana made

Bit of projection there, I would say that's about what you're doing with mine.

NEXT CHAPTER:

Things are not just fine

DEAR GOD TINKLE TINKLE HOY

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics