Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.61 - 153votes)

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka Gaiden - Sword Oratoria

Alt Names: alt ダンジョンに出会いを求めるのは間違っているだろうか 外伝 ソード・オラトリアalt DanMachi Gaiden: Sword Oratoriaalt Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Sword Oratoriaalt 소드 오라토리아
Author: Oomori Fujino
Artist: Yagi Takashi
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyRomance RomanceShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: This is an adaptation of the Sword Oratoria side story light novels to Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka. It covers the story of one of the strongest 1st class adventurer, "Sword Princess" Ais Wallenstein, and her desire to reach even greater heights with her friends in the Loki Familia.

> Spin-off of Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/dungeon-ni-deai-wo-motomeru-no-wa-machigatteiru-darou-ka-r9803 )

Raw: http://www.ganganonline.com/contents/ais/
Go to Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka Gaiden - Sword Oratoria Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Bete's Character Development New Window LuckyVirgo
  • 2 Replies
Topic I'd rather read new chapters of the original than this spin-off, wouldn't you? New Window mancoo
  • 9 Replies

481 Comments

yeah, Aiz is way cooler and better as a MC than Bell.

Unlike Bell get cheat with everything (cheat skills, cheat weapon, cheat and spartan training plan by Freya, Harem MC's cheat get free love point from all the girls) that was the plot for Bell to catch up with Aiz. And sometimes we get frustrate seeing Bell actions.

Aiz get everything all by herself : people's love for her, weapon, power, level.

This series also shows Aiz as being a more well rounded character than in the main series. In the main series, she just seems kind of like an emotionless battle maiden.

Personally I enjoy the spinoff more than the main series.

yeah, Aiz is way cooler and better as a MC than Bell.

Unlike Bell get cheat with everything (cheat skills, cheat weapon, cheat and spartan training plan by Freya, Harem MC's cheat get free love point from all the girls) that was the plot for Bell to catch up with Aiz. And sometimes we get frustrate seeing Bell actions.

Aiz get everything all by herself : people's love for her, weapon, power, level.

That is the girl Bell is chasing after.
That is the level Accelerator was trying to reach. Level 6.

This series makes me like Bete more than I ever thought I would.
He's a cool dude.

He's still a tsundere.

Probably because the spinoff isn't as good as the main series.

The main series always had plot holes, but rather than addressing them, the spin-off is opening up even more plot holes and thats no fun. If a spinoff simply opens up new plot holes, it simply becomes a fan fiction in an existing universe.

Personally I enjoy the spinoff more than the main series.

Tell me that last line gets turned into a fart joke in the 4-koma.

I'm getting a bit saturated with doom and gloom... They could ration it out a bit more carefully.

Still, came for the sword princess, remain for the sword princess. It's still manageable.

Cool chapter, but I can't feel a real sense of danger knowing that Aiz still has to train Bell...

I have only one word for Lefiya's existence: unnecessary.

He's a cool dude.

Yeah, used to think he was an asshole.

Now i know hes the coolest, most badass asshole in town.

best chapter.. wow nice fight.. i like this Seinen version of Damachi that's spin-off is really good

Good lord, I feel like this comment section talks more about the main series than the spin-off.

Probably because the spinoff isn't as good as the main series.

The main series always had plot holes, but rather than addressing them, the spin-off is opening up even more plot holes and thats no fun. If a spinoff simply opens up new plot holes, it simply becomes a fan fiction in an existing universe.

He's a cool dude.

Darkmachi is best machi.

Good lord, I feel like this comment section talks more about the main series than the spin-off.

He still used those, battles against opponents far stronger than you cannot be won with skills alone. He was using strategy and wits trying to create good opportunities to strike while mixing in feints and dodging the return hits.

If you want full on Code Geass style "win the battle before the fight even begins 'Keikaku Doori'" type stuff then you're reading the wrong series because there's only so much you could plan for these kind of fights. There's very few static battles, with most stuff in the dungeon you have to adapt and think on the fly when it happens. The only planning ahead possible would be buying plenty of proper items ahead of time, which he does with stuff like the fire resistant capes for the hellhounds.

Besides; the level up system literally works by being brave, heroic and impressing the gods. Somehow I doubt that setting up a pitfall trap for a floor boss or something like that, if that's even possible, would ever help you in the long run with this setting.

No, Bell doesn't.

Strategy and Wits belong to someone like Finn.

Finn can see all the attacks coming from enemy as strong as lvl 6 and do a PERFECT BATTLE (no damage). That's what we call Wit.

Finn can see how the dangerous the Boss is, and think of perfect strategy to save all Loki familia and deal with the boss is leave the boss to Aiz (the only one who can solo that boss) while everyone retreat. That's what we call Strategy.

Bell is rely only on his guts and willpower (want to protect Lili and don't want Aiz to save him again) to overcome his fear. Feints and dodge is still skills not strategy or wits, so by all mean Bell can use it, he is a scout (assasin type) after all. The only class don't feints or dodge is Beserker.

All Bell thinking in his head is either "must save a girl, I don't care if I die" , "Must defeat that monter so I can save a girl" , "I don't want Aiz to save me again".

I don't say Bell can't have Strategy or Wits, just NOT YET. After 10-50 years experience or so, he can become like Finn. Perfect in everyway.

Never thought I'd be glad to see beastboy.

No it's the sword princess.

Never thought I'd be glad to see beastboy.

He didn't use any skill, strategy or wits at all to beat the minotaur? That's not how I remember it.

The only time he used something that could be considered strategical or witty was when he noticed the minotaur only defended from the blows of the Hestia dagger, then decided to swap the blades he was holding on each hand in order to surprise the monster and land an attack that was actually effective.

THAT is what im talking about when i say "wits and strategy".

all he use is "skill", not "strategy" or "wits".

As I said before, Bell is naive and honest and inexperience to use "strategy" or "wits".

He get a lot of "goddess" help him that's why he can up level 2 fast like that

but in the end, he is still inexperience, he doesn't know a lot of monters or bosses yet to use "strategy" or have "wits" to plan everything ahead.

Just imaging if he can even say "Keikaku Doori" ?

A hero of Bell type is all about guts and willpower.

He still used those, battles against opponents far stronger than you cannot be won with skills alone. He was using strategy and wits trying to create good opportunities to strike while mixing in feints and dodging the return hits.

If you want full on Code Geass style "win the battle before the fight even begins 'Keikaku Doori'" type stuff then you're reading the wrong series because there's only so much you could plan for these kind of fights. There's very few static battles, with most stuff in the dungeon you have to adapt and think on the fly when it happens. The only planning ahead possible would be buying plenty of proper items ahead of time, which he does with stuff like the fire resistant capes for the hellhounds.

Besides; the level up system literally works by being brave, heroic and impressing the gods. Somehow I doubt that setting up a pitfall trap for a floor boss or something like that, if that's even possible, would ever help you in the long run with this setting.

He didn't use any skill, strategy or wits at all to beat the minotaur? That's not how I remember it.

all he use is "skill", not "strategy" or "wits".

As I said before, Bell is naive and honest and inexperience to use "strategy" or "wits".

He get a lot of "goddess" help him that's why he can up level 2 fast like that

but in the end, he is still inexperience, he doesn't know a lot of monters or bosses yet to use "strategy" or have "wits" to plan everything ahead.

Just imaging if he can even say "Keikaku Doori" ?

A hero of Bell type is all about guts and willpower.

I guess the random plot armor from Bell just bothers me a bit.

I mean, i get it, he wishes to be a hero, and thats exaclty what heroes do. They make the impossible come true. They usually have some secret ace in the hole to turn the tables around when it seems totally impossible to do so. Specially in shounen, were willpower, friendship and trust usually translate into physical power.

But at some point in the story, you NEED to stop making Bell get a random, timely power up that saves the day, and instead make him win the fight with skill, strategy, and wits.

Sure there have been a few "timely miracles" here too, but i guess i can let it slide it if it happens once or twice.

But i think your series has a problem when its MC ability is to just "win".

Suddenly ISIS

ISIS was always in this story. Its just that the nature of the genre ignores the fucked up nature of the whole 'familia' setup.

Lili (see Bell's story) is pretty much a slave, Ais is effectively a child soldier and its implied that some Gods are leading fully militarized armies to wage war for lulz (see the light novel).

Hmmm... Question here!! Could Tion means cup in amazones?

That would kinda explains the names of Tiona and Tione.

Atleast it makes it easier to remember who is who.

Suddenly ISIS

God damn it, Bete.  And God damn it, Japan.  What is wrong with being a back-row character?  It's like those characters cannot possibly respect someone who can't do karate or whatever.

The last main character whom I remember fighting a war while not knowing how to fight was Houshin Engi's Taikoubou, and that was in the 90s.  Is it really such a sin not being able to wave a sword around?  I know I shouldn't feel offended by this, but as someone who played mostly mages on D&D, I feel like I just had my play style invalidated...

I think he wants her to learn to defended herself, no use being lv.50 and have no combat skills to attack a wolf in close range.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics