Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.72 - 601votes)

Kyokou Suiri: Invented Inference

Alt Names: alt 虚構推理alt In/Spectrealt Invented Inferencealt 허구추리alt Kyokou Suiri
Author: Shirodaira Kyou
Artist: Katase Chasiba
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyMystery MysteryRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Meet the cute, smug, cane-wielding 17-year-old Iwanaga Kotoko as she (very) aggressively tries to woo the older Sakuragawa Kurou and act as a mediator/problem-solver for the supernatural world.
But why is she so fascinated with Sakuragawa Kurou?
The truth is...

From the author of Zetsuen no Tempest and Spiral!

Adapted from the novel "Kyokou Suiri: Koujin Nanase".
Publisher/Magazine: http://www.magazine-r.co/comics/kyokosuiri/
Go to Kyokou Suiri: Invented Inference Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic I changed the name to reflect the official English title New Window rtwpsom2
  • 2 Replies
Topic Information update about the novel version of Kyokou Suiri ~ Invented Inference! New Window berubetto
  • 0 Replies
Topic Age of Consent problem. New Window Pinguru
  • 3 Replies

423 Comments

As far as i know, chapter 5 has been released in japan last december...i think the group that translated this is busy translating Dagashi Kashi, since that's the only release they are releasing since december

Was chapter 5 released in japan at the bottom half of December? Or was there no chapter cuz Christmas + New Years?

this is good. i think the art could be a tiny bit better but the series looks pretty promising.

Very nice narrative style, great mastery of plot and character building. Probably the closest I've seen to literature in manga without losing the entertainment factor. While it's not my favourite series right now, it takes the crown of technical achievement.

And I am absolutely dying with envy of this translating/proofreading team. The quality of the translation, the completely fluid, smooth sentences… last time I was so jealous was when I read Norawgami's chapters of Noragami. Next life, I want to be half as good as these people.

It's based off a traditional book, rather than a light novel. That might have played a slight hand in things?

I think this series is interesting, but I feel like it's pretty obvious that the spirit isn't really the idol's spirit but just some sort of conjuration formed due to all those people from the site believing in it... a fairly typical spirit/ghost plot, I've seen it in other manga and even in Supernatural... But that's just a prediciton, since I haven't seen any raws nor read the novel.

its been days since i read this but why is no one creeped out by the kudan? Like??? It's part cow part human? The farmer got fiesty???

Very nice narrative style, great mastery of plot and character building. Probably the closest I've seen to literature in manga without losing the entertainment factor. While it's not my favourite series right now, it takes the crown of technical achievement.

And I am absolutely dying with envy of this translating/proofreading team. The quality of the translation, the completely fluid, smooth sentences… last time I was so jealous was when I read Norawgami's chapters of Noragami. Next life, I want to be half as good as these people.

This is really interesting <3 In all honesty, though, I could go for the OT3, or even split into the 3 pairs. The detective is a hunk, tho, and I could see Saki and his relationship working out

Both saki and kotoko is likeable.
The author make great character and story + The artist is very good
His/her hentai also good.

NOW TIME TO WAITING THEIR THREESOME

Tell me more about the artist, like his h-pen name

Katase Chasiba is a pen name I take it? Anyone know their real name? or whatever they go by

This manga is dope. I'm convinced, i wanna buy the novel now.

Is this good?

Abso-freakin'-lutely!

BTW, there is a novel. The novel was just added to Baka Update's database. There's no URL yet, as a moderator has to approve it, but once it's approved the novel page will be linked to from the manga page at:
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=119533

My Purple World is tackling the challenge of translating the novel:
http://hanagiku.wordpress.com/invented-inference/

There's a little bit more info on the novel that avoids major spoilers, I think, at SUGOI JAPAN:
http://sugoi-japan.jp/2015/en/nominees/entame/e11_kyok.html

Is this good?

Yessssss. I knew I recognized this artist!!! 

Kotoko a best

This is a theory but the reason why Kurou was attracted to Saki must be:

Spoiler

Actually, I think that 'older sister' is the one that Kurou was visiting in the hospital (I think they said she was his cousin). From what Saki said about his family tree, everyone who didn't die instantly - presumably from eating the meat - would instead become fatally ill; Kurou was the only one without side effects. She probably held out the longest but now recently passed away. I do agree though, she had an uncanny resemblance to Saki and may be the reason he was attracted to her.

Both saki and kotoko is likeable.
The author make great character and story + The artist is very good
His/her hentai also good.

NOW TIME TO WAITING THEIR THREESOME

This is where I drop the obligatory- "DON'T JINX IT!!!"

Though I do feel glad regarding the point you made. Sadly

Spoiler

Kotoko said they did it. If Kurou says they did it, maybe I'll believe her.

She said she lost her virginity back when she had no apparent reason to lie about it. I agree that she almost feels compleed to lie about things NOW, but back then, I get the feeling that was the truth.

And I seriously doubt that Hurou would actually talk about his sexlife with an underage looking chick to the love of his life he might try to get together with.

Also, I like both Saki and Kotoko. And I also love how they are the polar opposites of each other. Saki has trouble dealing with the fact that Kurou is part inhuman and has trouble dealing with the supernatural, whilst Kotoko has trouble with human interactions, most likely due to her special position as the supernatural's wisdom.

They actually did it.

Remember when she was fighting, she said this doesn't hurt as your hymen being broken. She said this before she met her love rival, so they actually did it and even Kurou confessed that he is going out with her. Their interactions with one another is always the same, they're not lovey dovey but I find them adorable the way they tease each other and the way he scolds her.

I am sometimes a hopeless romantic but I see hints of love between them.

Kotoko said they did it. If Kurou says they did it, maybe I'll believe her.

The comments here are kind of interesting. We seem to be divied up pretty evently between people who like Kotoko and people who like Saki. What's weird is that we haven't really had a fight about it yet, in spite of the fact that people haven't really been shy about expressing not only how much they super love one girl but also how much they super can't stand the other. Contrast for example Domestic Na Kanojo, where the comment section has just been a partisan shitstorm since day 1 that resurges with each new chapter without exception.

Maybe we just kind of "get it" with these characters? Like, someone says "Lolita girl hella annoying" and the Kotoko faction just thinks "Ha ha ha ha~ Yeah~". Someone says Saki is cold and the Saki faction thinks "It's true, but she's serious and dedicated, it's a hurdle she'll have to overcome if she's going to rekindle her relationship". Like, these flaws are clear enough that, while they can be endearing to some, they can't really be overlooked, and no one disagrees enough to get all bothered and start raising their voices.

Or maybe it's just that there've only been four chapters, and it's just luck that the ocean of shit we're swimming in hasn't surged into a storm yet.

Sometimes shit happens, you know?

Yeah. Especially when people like this are involved

Spoiler

Mod edit: Large imgs and vids must be in [spoiler]s tag. 

I'm sure if Kurou gave some love to Kotoko she wouldn't be mad or much of a troll 

They actually did it.

Remember when she was fighting, she said this doesn't hurt as your hymen being broken. She said this before she met her love rival, so they actually did it and even Kurou confessed that he is going out with her. Their interactions with one another is always the same, they're not lovey dovey but I find them adorable the way they tease each other and the way he scolds her.

I am sometimes a hopeless romantic but I see hints of love between them.

what, nobody is gonna commend on the pages?

Ehem. WAD!!?? 87 PAGES? SWEET PEANUTS!

It was so entertaining I didn't even notice!

...how the hell do you lean steel girders up against a building like they are Lincoln logs or something? Never mind the building probably couldn't support that weight, even positioning them like that would take a stupid amount of extra effort..so dumb

Sometimes shit happens, you know?

Spoiler

what, nobody is gonna commend on the pages?

Ehem. WAD!!?? 87 PAGES? SWEET PEANUTS!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics