Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.61 - 153votes)

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka Gaiden - Sword Oratoria

Alt Names: alt ダンジョンに出会いを求めるのは間違っているだろうか 外伝 ソード・オラトリアalt DanMachi Gaiden: Sword Oratoriaalt Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Sword Oratoriaalt 소드 오라토리아
Author: Oomori Fujino
Artist: Yagi Takashi
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyRomance RomanceShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: This is an adaptation of the Sword Oratoria side story light novels to Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka. It covers the story of one of the strongest 1st class adventurer, "Sword Princess" Ais Wallenstein, and her desire to reach even greater heights with her friends in the Loki Familia.

> Spin-off of Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/dungeon-ni-deai-wo-motomeru-no-wa-machigatteiru-darou-ka-r9803 )

Raw: http://www.ganganonline.com/contents/ais/
Go to Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka Gaiden - Sword Oratoria Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Bete's Character Development New Window LuckyVirgo
  • 2 Replies
Topic I'd rather read new chapters of the original than this spin-off, wouldn't you? New Window mancoo
  • 9 Replies

481 Comments

Did they made Bell way more manlier in both face and actions than in the original series' manga, or is it that since this is from Ais' perspective and she developed something akin to Lefiya's yuri vision?

I thought the same... This is just NOT Bell-kun I know...xD :

Spoiler

Did they made Bell way more manlier in both face and actions than in the original series' manga, or is it that since this is from Ais' perspective and she developed something akin to Lefiya's yuri vision?

Excuse me, but that was the world best weapon. Craft by the goddess herself not just her familia. That weapon can only use by him, its stats isn't fixed but grow with Bell.

Do you ever play RPG games ? the best weapon is the weapon can grow with you.
Like in Tales series, end game weapon is only about 1000 damage and your lvl 200 get 800 more damage, total is near 2000 damage but there was a weapon 1 damage, +1 damage with each kills and you can reach 9999 damage + 800 damage.

You also know that Tales weapon does 20 damage with 20 kills, which is basically what the weapon is when used by a Lv 1 Bell
Tales make it easy. Grind games can make it 10,000 personal kills for 1 damage up. when you don't know how to strengthen the weapon, what would you do with the weapon after 100,000 kills and you get 10 damage from the weapon? lol

If the weapon is "easy mode", he would just slice through minotaur but would that help him in the long run? No.
"assumed crap weapon" is intentionally made that way to ensure Bell does not rely on the weapon but himself.
You sure you understand why the Lv-based weapon was made?

Really? Before this, I think her interaction with him is more like feeling responsible for dropping the ball back in the 11th floor and very nearly getting him killed. After that, Bete runs his mouth off and he flees the Mistress of Abundance, and Ais tries several times to apologise without success until this scene. For someone who has "having people die on her watch" is a pretty heavy concern, it sounds perfectly valid.

Of course, sometimes people (readers included) project things they want to see; maybe she really fell in love with him at first sight, maybe she has had some emotional development which makes her impression of him evolve from "that kid that I almost let die because of a mess up" to "Bell, the young adventurer whose devotion to becoming strong I want to emulate" to something else much more important.

I guess that I'd be able to tell if I read the novels, but they aren't out where I live, so I speculate...

The thing is that humans don't become so obsessed with someone without good cause. "Feeling responsible" doesnt explain how much Ains has obsessed over him. Think about real life : Most humans who have wronged another might make an effort to apologize, but if the victim kept avoiding them, they certaintly wouldn't put in the effort to chase them down.

Most humans wouldnt even bother apologizing actually, let alone put in the effort to find the person to do so.
Excuse me, but that was the world best weapon. Craft by the goddess herself not just her familia. That weapon can only use by him, its stats isn't fixed but grow with Bell.   Do you ever play RPG games ? the best weapon is the weapon can grow with you. Like in Tales series, end game weapon is only about 1000 damage and your lvl 200 get 800 more damage, total is near 2000 damage but there was a weapon 1 damage, +1 damage with each kills and you can reach 9999 damage + 800 damage.

Hahaha and you should know that, in most games, growth weapons are only good enough for the player lvl, right? If there's a game with a growth weapon and that weapon is OP it doesn't mean bell's will be too. And as you said, it becomes OP only when you reach lvl max.

He basically fought with "assumed crap weapon", had little money in a weak Familia, had little support being the only member, and went soloing and even solo'd a minotaur, known to be one of the strongest for level 2.

Spoiler

Excuse me, but that was the world best weapon. Craft by the goddess herself not just her familia. That weapon can only use by him, its stats isn't fixed but grow with Bell.

Do you ever play RPG games ? the best weapon is the weapon can grow with you.

Like in Tales series, end game weapon is only about 1000 damage and your lvl 200 get 800 more damage, total is near 2000 damage but there was a weapon 1 damage, +1 damage with each kills and you can reach 9999 damage + 800 damage.

Man, Ais in this series is so much more of an actual person in this series. Even the interactions with Bell are more meaningful than in the main series.

Tell me about it. I've been putting off reading this, and I have to say Ais is just that much more... captivating, with this.

This chapter was a 10/10 holy shit.

All those faces, all those moments.

Why is Bell so entertaining when he flees?

Why are Lefiya reaction faces the best?

Why can Ais do these things to my heart?

Send help.

This is ....

Spoiler

We must go and help him.

She's missing the point. It's not like Bell could deal with that speed and power right off the bat. ._.

No, you are wrong.

Bell is a METAL SMILE, his evade is like more than 90%. And he is really fast at running.

Man, Ais in this series is so much more of an actual person in this series. Even the interactions with Bell are more meaningful than in the main series. 

She's missing the point. It's not like Bell could deal with that speed and power right off the bat. ._.

What a cute chapter. Lefiya chasing Bell-kun was so adorable...

This chapter was a 10/10 holy shit.

All those faces, all those moments.

Why is Bell so entertaining when he flees?

Why are Lefiya reaction faces the best?

Why can Ais do these things to my heart?

Send help.

Lol. The Lefiya faces are the sweet sound of yuri dreams crumbling. >:^)

He basically fought with "assumed crap weapon", had little money in a weak Familia, had little support being the only member, and went soloing and even solo'd a minotaur, known to be one of the strongest for level 2.

Spoiler

i didn't think the Hestia knife was crappy,  but he was really brave to go against that minotaur and all. But I'm saying that his realis phase is what increases his skills (agility, strength etc) by so many points so quickly. If he didn't have that special skill, his stats wouldn't have been so high and by the point in the story the Minotaur arc arrived, Bell might have not even been able to take on the 10th floor by then.

Yeah, I'd be pretty disappointed if yet another girl fell for him tbh 
I like bell and all and he's a hard worker, but he would have been nowhere near as far as he is now without that realis ability, no matter how much in love with Aiz he is
And like, everyone compares the amount of time it took the two of them to reach level two, but it's like everyone forgot that Aiz was seven years old she she started adventuring as a level 1 lmao

Spoiler

The problem with that explanation is that she was already shown to be in love with Bell the first time he met him, which was substantially before he got to level 2.

Really? Before this, I think her interaction with him is more like feeling responsible for dropping the ball back in the 11th floor and very nearly getting him killed. After that, Bete runs his mouth off and he flees the Mistress of Abundance, and Ais tries several times to apologise without success until this scene. For someone who has "having people die on her watch" is a pretty heavy concern, it sounds perfectly valid.

Of course, sometimes people (readers included) project things they want to see; maybe she really fell in love with him at first sight, maybe she has had some emotional development which makes her impression of him evolve from "that kid that I almost let die because of a mess up" to "Bell, the young adventurer whose devotion to becoming strong I want to emulate" to something else much more important.

I guess that I'd be able to tell if I read the novels, but they aren't out where I live, so I speculate...

Actually, Chapter 29 shows (using Ais's monologue at the end) a fairly verisimilitudinous excuse for her fascination with the white-haired kid. He's the guy that, while incredibly weak by her standards, is increasing his power at a rate that she wishes she could have had when she was level 1, and is in fact exactly the kind of performance that she so desperately seeks in order to protect all her loved ones from this creepy conspiracy of half-humans half-monsters.

So you can see how, in her eyes, he is supremely interesting. He may be the answer to the question she's been asking herself for years.

In other news:

Spoiler

Finally:

Boy does Bell look winsome in that last page of chapter 29!  I'm sure Lefiya's heart skipped a beat, there.  I expect that gramps's role model is shining through...

(even though he's still level 1 and she's level 3)

The problem with that explanation is that she was already shown to be in love with Bell the first time he met him, which was substantially before he got to level 2.

Chapter 29:

Whose arm do you think is that one on page 13? Looks to me that its something important.

Chapter 29:

Whose arm do you think is that one on page 13? Looks to me that its something important.

cause there was a vial in the adjacent panel (I thought it was the vial Keaks was trying to give to Asfi to heal her), I thought the hand might belong to Pot - just to emphasize what was lost during that fight. 

Chapter 29 reminded me of how cringeworthy Bell is.

He is literally the guy who spills spaghetti everywhere and can't stop stuttering whenever he talks to a girl. This is not considered an attractive trait, yet every girl he meets falls in love with him at first sight.

Yeah, I'd be pretty disappointed if yet another girl fell for him tbh 

I like bell and all and he's a hard worker, but he would have been nowhere near as far as he is now without that realis ability, no matter how much in love with Aiz he is

And like, everyone compares the amount of time it took the two of them to reach level two, but it's like everyone forgot that Aiz was seven years old she she started adventuring as a level 1 lmao 

Chapter 29 reminded me of how cringeworthy Bell is.

(...)

Hestia can be somewhat forgiven if we assume that she has literally no other choice (even though realistically speaking, there would be plenty of dumb guys lining up to join her familia based on her looks and nothing else, you know, like in real life), but people like Ais falling in love with someone like Bell at first sight really breaks suspension of disbelief.

(...)

Actually, Chapter 29 shows (using Ais's monologue at the end) a fairly verisimilitudinous excuse for her fascination with the white-haired kid. He's the guy that, while incredibly weak by her standards, is increasing his power at a rate that she wishes she could have had when she was level 1, and is in fact exactly the kind of performance that she so desperately seeks in order to protect all her loved ones from this creepy conspiracy of half-humans half-monsters.

So you can see how, in her eyes, he is supremely interesting. He may be the answer to the question she's been asking herself for years.

In other news:

Spoiler

Finally:

Boy does Bell look winsome in that last page of chapter 29!  I'm sure Lefiya's heart skipped a beat, there.  I expect that gramps's role model is shining through...

(even though he's still level 1 and she's level 3)

As someone who's reading the light novels... it seems to match pretty well. It helps that they regularly sprinkle in scenes that place the events here in the timeline, and I haven't noticed any gross inconsistencies yet. It definitely adds a new dimension to many of the original events, though...

thanks! I just bought the english translation yesterday and yeah there are scarce differences! I like both versions but I appreciate how you can see everyone's expression in the manga. Can't wait for Vol 2 to be translated 

@Question

Spoiler

Spoiler

and an asshole too.

That's why we hate him. No one likes tsundere asshole males.

He's an Tsundere from the first Time he appeared. Deal with it. 

and an asshole too.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics