Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.68 - 80votes)

Joou no Hana

Alt Names: alt 女王の花alt 女王之花alt Joou no Hana - Tokubetsu Prologuealt Joou no Hana: Tokubetsu Prologuealt Kraliçenin Çiçeğialt Queen's Flower
Author: Izumi Kaneyoshi
Artist: Izumi Kaneyoshi
Genres: Adventure AdventureAward Winning Award WinningDrama DramaHistorical HistoricalRomance RomanceShoujo ShoujoTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Long ago, there existed a land divided into four countries: Sou, Kou, Do, and Ah. The King of Ah took on a wife from Kou and soon thereafter one from Do, creating a shaky alliance between the three nations. When the Second Queen gave birth to a son, the King cast aside the sickly First Queen and her daughter Aki into the depths of the Palace. But as Fate would have it, Princess Aki encounters a slave named Hakusei, who has peculiar golden hair and sky blue eyes. He promises his life to her and helps her train in the Six Arts under the guidance of the enigmatic merchant Seitetsu. However, when Aki outshines the Prince during a hunt in an attempt to gain her father's acknowledgement, she inadvertently sparks a war by besmirching Do's honor and drives the Second Queen to poison her mother. With nothing left but her faithful Hakusei, Aki is banished to the small country of Kou with a vow to return to Ah one day for revenge. But in the face of the mighty allied nations of Do and Ah, will the two survive long enough to carry out Aki’s vow?

Winner of the 60th Shogakukan Manga Awards for Best Shoujo.
Go to Joou no Hana Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

60 Comments

I can't believe I didn't realize this is from the same universe as a oneshot.  It's so sad to see the downfall from that age to this current one.

So . . . I guess this is a flashback to Seitetsu's early life with the MC's mother.  Not that they do anything like a transition to give you that impression, or anything.

I guess we're never safe from rivals and misunderstandings...
Anyway, hope this blows over soon.

Side note, this seemed like a really cheap move by the author to add conflict. He almost forced her for no reason and with practically no build-up.

lololol the queen makes the funniest evil faces

Thanks for the new chapter.

well he shouldn't have forced himself on her.... but i still feel a little sorry for him, the girl he likes called him disgusting. that's gotta hurt :/

I love the romantic angle, but these battles. Man. I've read too much Kingdom for this.

Well, I'm a little late to the party.  I'm also very impressed.  The political factors, the human side, how they clash . . . beautifully done.  Still wondering just what Seitetsu's angle is . . . he's worldly and cynical, yet it seems as if his actions themselves are made of unselfish loyalty to a girl with no claim on him.  Why?  I bet his past is somehow tangled with her mother the queen.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was servant/lover of Aki mother, and their relationship would parallel/foreshadow Aki's and Hakusei's

I hope she'll come back and rain down hell on her dickhead father and that sleazy woman of his and their good-for-nothing son.
Aki has the potential of becoming a total badass heroine, and I hope that's what we'll be getting.

He's not a dickhead, he did the best he could without throwing the world into chaos, these alliances between the countries are shaky. Think of feudal china or Japan with all the provinces, that's pretty much what's happening in their world. Alliances can be severed at any moment and thousands upon thousands of people will lose their lives in the process.

No matter how you slice it, the lives of 2 people are not worth the lives of thousands.

Well, I'm a little late to the party.  I'm also very impressed.  The political factors, the human side, how they clash . . . beautifully done.  Still wondering just what Seitetsu's angle is . . . he's worldly and cynical, yet it seems as if his actions themselves are made of unselfish loyalty to a girl with no claim on him.  Why?  I bet his past is somehow tangled with her mother the queen.

I was a bit annoyed at some of the stuff right around the actual battle.  I mean,

Spoiler

But grumble though I just did at length, it's a small peeve.  Generally I'm finding this well and powerfully written.

I wish they would be honest with each other about their feelings. 

Spoiler
Love rivalry arc DO NOT WANT

wife what?!

Oh shit...

Great, he's prob gonna be douchy...

i never seen such along chapters. . .90 pages........................................................................

She's quickly growing into my kind of leading character. This one should be even better than I expected.
Ima get me one of those bearded mothers myself.

no!!!! more please!

Thank you Random button for sending me here. ((:
I want moooore~ (thanks for the scanlation guys :))
ughh why do good things always have to feel so short T^T
This is really really good! I thought it would be fun, but it's a lot deeper and more enjoyable than I thought from the synopsis.
Wow what an incredible series. It's been on my To Read list for a while and I'm so glad I finally got round to reading it. The art is beautiful and so detailed, and the author really knows how to create a great plot and characters, and keep the reader's interest. Well worth a read. Thanks for your hard work, Transcendence.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics