Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.17 - 116votes)

Sword Art Online - Aincrad

Alt Names: alt ソードアート・オンライン アインクラッドalt ソードアートオンラインalt SAOalt Sword Art Online
Author: Kawahara Reki
Artist: Nakamura Tamako
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaFantasy FantasyRomance RomanceShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The only way to escape is to ‘clear’ the game. Game over means actual ‘death’ —-The ten thousand who have logged onto the as of yet mysterious game ‘Sword Art Online’ have been forced into this perilous death game.Protagonist Kirito, one of the many gamers, has greeted this ‘truth’. He plays as a solo player in the giant castle that is the stage for this game —- ‘Aincrad’. To meet the conditions of clearing the game — getting through all 100 floors, Kirito fights his way through this quest alone.

Sequel:

> Sword Art Online - Fairy Dance
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/sword-art-online-fairy-dance-r8401 )

Alternate Story:

> Sword Art Online - Progressive
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/sword-art-online-progressive-r9604 )

Related:

> Sword Art Online. (4-koma)
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/sword-art-online-r4433 )
Go to Sword Art Online - Aincrad Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Some background info you won't find in manga and anime New Window Harbinger
  • 1 Replies
Topic SAO Image Pack + episode downloads New Window Palolo
  • 0 Replies
Topic Question about what happens during the second game. New Window Oblivion0117
  • 4 Replies

169 Comments

@Seikah
It would be 26 ep if wit was done in detail, like 2-3 chapters of volume 1 per episode, SS 2 ep per chapter and Aria like 3-4 episodes worth. But the anime is done and done now, which does leave me a feel of disappointment on how it's arranged. I find Accel World is better than this as a anime dispite I havn,'t read as far in the LN. I do hope for the ALO Arc would be good, WITHOUT the SS of course.
@Blast This is true, but I watched the first five episodes of SAO before reading the novels, and once you get used to the timeskip after every episode, it stops being awkward and becomes a very smart device to condense the material.

I originally thought volume 1 & 2 + prequel sidestories would take all 26 episodes. They finished them in 14. That's amazing.
Kirito-full time badass, part time accidental playboy
@Seikah
It's probably the drawing that kinda ruins the pacing of the story but the anime is no better. Even those events are Important (somewhat, mainly Aria of the Starless Night and Morning Dew Girl ) the timeline gap between them gives a 'wtf?' moment asking why they skipped the floors they went through. Obvious to us, those who read the LN, understands how the whole story set out but those who are new to it would be confused at some point with the time skip and why those encounter are so important.
Yeah, I haven't watched the anime or read te LN, but I can tell this is skipping something, it looked like they tried t fit a whole arc in the start of chapter 9:
Spoiler

I somehow feel like I'm misssing something here.
@Seikah
C
onsistent as in following more true to volume one (other than the mini Yui arc). Though they skipped many parts (ie fishing scene), the manga was following the novel better than the anime. Better as in word to word, not better as in more superior.
@Alex Consistent how? The pacing is all over the place. The anime provides superior coherence by incorporating important side stories like Asuna's introduction in Aria in the Starless Night, as well as some of volume eight.
And before I forget....
Spoiler
Alot more consistent to the novel than the anime. Too bad it only goes up to the Aincrad arc.
@RoflCat
This manga was done before the anime so it's only follow how the novel goes. Yui chapter is a SS so it could be in the manga as a SS some time later, maybe.
@RoflCat
This manga was done before the anime so it's only follow how the novel goes. Yui chapter is a SS so it could be in the manga as a SS some time later, maybe.
chapter 8 ftw! interesting art dere.
Ugh, I didn't like this version that much before, but now...
Spoiler

@TeddyG: You might want to look up NTR's meaning, because what happened in ALO is no where near NTR.
Also,
Spoiler
I don't even know why I read this. It's an insult to the novel.
@TeddyG
lol, there is no NTR and she is only restrained against her will.
lol SAO manga really do suck balls... this is nothing compared to the light novel and even the anime
@TeddyG
Spoiler
There is no NTR in this story at all ppl need to stop saying that everywhere lol and also is anyone else super displeased with the manga art?
@TeddyG
You've gotta be shittin me. Please tell me more D:
well even though its two volumes if you think about it the story about all that happened in a week, so I think theyll be able to most if not all of it in, but they'll still cut out details like animes do
sor but the new chaps speeding up like that kinda suck it has taken out the intresting part in the series
@FudgeNouget
Well even ALO is 2 volumes, they could somewhat alter the story abit and probably leave out some details like they did with some episodes of SAO. Volume 1 itself wouldn't even be enough to cover 14 episodes (I believe thats when the Arc will be over) so they added Volume 2 SS's and the unoffical SS to cover it by shoving it in the middle (which makes the story slightly awkward compare to the LN).
Besides, the story revolves round Kazuto and Asuna so it can't just end as a cliffhang at SAO if this anime is just merely a promotion sales for the LN.
Whoops ment ALO type-O
the anime from episode 15-25 is gonna be AOL arc which is the NTR arc lol
Spoiler
the skull reaper is butt ugly

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics