Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.34 - 148votes)

Osananajimi wa Onnanoko ni Naare

Alt Names: alt ¡Mi amigo de la infancia DEBE ser una chica!alt 幼なじみは女の子になぁれalt My childhood friend MUST become a girl!alt Osananajimi wa Onna no Ko ni Naare
Author: Morishita Mao
Artist: Morishita Mao
Genres: Comedy ComedyGender Bender Gender BenderSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: On one particular day, a high school student, Shuichi, saves a magical fairy Sylphy from drowning in a pond. When Sylphy offers to grant one wish out of gratitude, Shuichi immediately asks for a “cute childhood girlfriend.” Sylphy then turns Shuichi’s childhood male friend, Iori, into a girl…! The newly female Iori is surprisingly cute…!
Go to Osananajimi wa Onnanoko ni Naare Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

532 Comments

It's over!  I had a lot of fun making this and am glad a lot of people appreciated it.  Thanks to kate for putting out the first 25 chapters and Aureus for publicly posting the full translation.   I hope you guys enjoy the bonus content!  The sequences I took from art posted to the artists pixiv, the clothing stuff was from the back covers of the volumes, the what if series and other content were scanned pages that were ommitted from previous releases.  The chapter guide is something I made for myself a while ago.

Ohh and before someone calls me out on it I am aware the twintail girl classmate does indeed have a name but I was too lazy to change the joke after I discovered it.  I didn't really like the ending arc anyway but the series as a whole I still really enjoy.

I made little something for people who do not like things to end like this. Here you go.

Spoiler

Iori is the titular childhood friend, MC is Shuichi.

You guys are all wrong!!!  The MC was obviously my beloved Sylphy!!!

Which reminds me...

Spoiler

"IT WAS GAY ALL ALONG! HAHAHAHAHA!!"

Seriously lost it on the credits there. Honestly after casually seeing the credits through all these chapters, and then to see that... I'm couldn't help but have a snickering fit. 

To be honest, by the end I kind of half expected Sylphie to try to turn herself into his female childhood friend or something. The "what if sylphie was human" part in the "what if's" at the end was exactly what I was expecting. 

Let's be fair, almost everyone was a shitty person in this manga. Though how was Iori a shitty friend?

Iori is the titular childhood friend, MC is Shuichi.

I feel like this series was thoroughly okay. Good enough to be worth the short time spent reading, but nothing too amazing. I don't actually feel bad about it ending when it did, but I'd also probably have read more if it'd continued. Of course, as always, thanks to the scanlators and author for putting in the work.

Well, this was one heck of a wild ride, and jasty, kate, thank you for bringing it all the way to the end.  It was worth the laugh, and while I understand that this was a one-time thing, thanks anyways cause this was cute, not gay/yuri, and just fun.

Back to dread reality we go XD

the-end.jpg

Well, status quo ending aside, it was a pretty funny series. I don't consider this a "romance" since the MC is a shitty friend for most of the story, much less a romantic partner
Let's be fair, almost everyone was a shitty person in this manga. Though how was Iori a shitty friend?

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

it.. it CANT BE!!!

not the END!!! >.<

ohwell the epilogue was funny.

Well, status quo ending aside, it was a pretty funny series. I don't consider this a "romance" since the MC is a shitty friend for most of the story, much less a romantic partner, but the humor was good. And we didn't have some weird magical transgender ending (from Sylphie's imagination) that would raise a crapload of questions.

I don't care about gay/cute/bara/limits/code theories, where is my yuri ending ? :<

When I saw how much fun people were having with the computer code a few chapters ago I wondered how they would handle something harder.   It is basically statement defining a limit of a function G_ay(x).  This is what it looks like if you translate it into english literally:

"For any epsilon greater than zero there exists delta greater than zero so that for any real number x, the absolute value of (x - C_ute) being between 0 and delta implies that the absolute value of G_ay(x) is less than epsilon. Therefore, as x approaches C_ute the limit of G_ay(x) equals 0."

In simple english you can interpret it as: "As things become cute they become not gay".

I feel it warrants mentioning that this statement is almost a truism in Japanese media/pop culture. Stereotypical manliness is what's interpreted as "gay male" behavior.  Cuteness is almost wholly the domain of girls and straight guys, hence the bishounen male ideal in part. Whenever Japanese comedy media wants to have an-over-the-top gay male stereotype character, it's almost always a ripped-out bodybuilder. Possibly taking a long hot bath with other ripped bodybuilders. 

Ironically "BL" (or as we call it "yaoi", but it's not an acceptable term ironically over there) is usually "cuter" than that with a female audience in mind; thus actually less gay. At least when compared to "bara", which is made by gay men for gay men as the audience. Bara generally is not "cute" as far as I know, but I'll have to ask around. Not my wheelhouse needless to say.

Not sure about yuri or if there even is a split there like with bara. But any case, I do like "it's not gay if it's cute" as a refutation of misinterpreting Japanese fiction with a western gaydar.

When I saw how much fun people were having with the computer code a few chapters ago I wondered how they would handle something harder.   It is basically statement defining a limit of a function G_ay(x).  This is what it looks like if you translate it into english literally:

"For any epsilon greater than zero there exists delta greater than zero so that for any real number x, the absolute value of (x - C_ute) being between 0 and delta implies that the absolute value of G_ay(x) is less than epsilon. Therefore, as x approaches C_ute the limit of G_ay(x) equals 0."

In simple english you can interpret it as: "As things become cute they become not gay".

Basically, this is the definition of mathematical limits.  I'm going to go lazy and just copy-paste wikis now.

Suppose f : R → R is defined on the real line and p,L ∈ R. It is said the limit of f, as x approaches p, is L and written

e7c20b82c2747f10d5adfdd33f69e08cefe2887d

if the following property holds:

• For every real ε > 0, there exists a real δ > 0 such that for all real x, 0 < | x − p | < δ implies | f(x) − L | < ε.

Basically, our translator used math language to describe the property.  Three dots in a triangle represents "therefore".

new name...to the dejected bamboo consumer....personally I think I prefer Tsukino Jyogi's

You might be more familiar with the group Alice no Takarabako. Tsukino Jyogi is very good as well, so is Mitsuka Hattori.

I kinda wanted the ahegao face to be obviously fake to separate it clearly from the actual artist's work.  I could have done a more realistic depiction but I thought that might take away from the kind of silliness I was going for. 

Anyway, I thought this was one of my better jokes! Being cursed to only be able to make Ahegao faces is a funny concept and I liked how Shiori was confused by the word since it might not be known to the reader.  Her emotional plea to Shuu comes across as unintentionally lewd and that makes him uncomfortable (I subtly added some sweat drops).  Really it was hard to come up with a joke about a chapter devoid of any humor but I'm quite proud of this one.

In that case I take back that criticism. I thought that might have been the actual author's artwork. My judgements are more harsh toward published authors vs translators/doujin-artists/etc. The joke was good (I could see it actually happening in the manga).

In logic, the reverse E (∃) represents "There exists".  The upside-down A ([/size]e06890cf9ed539c62153aee819bfd33584ad57d9) is a math symbol that represents "for all".  These are mathematically different: you can say something like:

∃x∈{0,1,2}:x>1 (There exists x that is an element of the set {0,1,2} such that x is greater than 1)
However, you can not use the symbol e06890cf9ed539c62153aee819bfd33584ad57d9, since there are elements in that set that does NOT comply to the statement.

That said, you can say the following statements:
∀ n ∈ ℕ: n^2 ≥ n.
(For all n in the set of Natural numbers, n^2 is greater than or equal to n.)

∃ n ∈ ℕ: n^2 ≥ n.
(There exists n in the set of Natural numbers such that n^2 is greater than or equal to n.)
Granted, the second statement is rather redundant and mathematically less useful than the first.

So what the statement at the end of the chapter is,
for every epsilon there exists lamda that for every real number, if we subtract cute from it it'll be smaller than lamda, than Gay(X) is smaller than epsilon. kinda makes me wonder what is Cute, and how come its differance from x is always smaller than lamda... perhaps they misplaced the 'for every real number' part, or didn't connect it to the rest of the statement right? and what are those 3 dots that connect to the lim?

(I only asked what the reverse E meant and you gave me wide explenation on the very basics. kinda insulting, it's like asking a person how to get to the mall and he starts giving you driving lessons. but if you like to show off your knowledge this much, you could use the formula at the end of the chpater as opurtinity. so sensei, oshiete!)

I find it interesting that the people who

Spoiler
in this chapter
Spoiler

Makes me wonder if the reception in Japan to this point was overall similar and the author wanted to throw the haters in for a loop.

Sad to say that, in a sad way, many people kind of belong to this rogue gallery of hypocritical people.  

The reason why they were having fun with Iori's situation is because he CAN change back. Basically, the sick reasoning is that - so long as it there's no harm, there's no harm teasing.  It's the same audience of people who would laugh at other people getting hurt on America's Funniest Videos (A tv show where people submit self-filmed videos of themselves/someone(thing) they know doing funny things in hopes to win a prize).  People laugh because it's other people getting hurt, with the presumption that most of those injuries were relatively minor and not requiring medical assistance.  It no longer becomes funny when they do (or at least should) seek medical assistance.

I forgot, what does the reverse E symbolize? im not sure if the reverse E is every and the upside-down A is any or the other way around...

In logic, the reverse E (∃) represents "There exists".  The upside-down A (e06890cf9ed539c62153aee819bfd33584ad57d9) is a math symbol that represents "for all".  These are mathematically different: you can say something like:

∃x∈{0,1,2}:x>1 (There exists x that is an element of the set {0,1,2} such that x is greater than 1)

However, you can not use the symbol e06890cf9ed539c62153aee819bfd33584ad57d9, since there are elements in that set that does NOT comply to the statement.

That said, you can say the following statements:

∀ n ∈ ℕ: n^2 ≥ n.
(For all n in the set of Natural numbers, n^2 is greater than or equal to n.)

∃ n ∈ ℕ: n^2 ≥ n.
(There exists n in the set of Natural numbers such that n^2 is greater than or equal to n.)

Granted, the second statement is rather redundant and mathematically less useful than the first.

I forgot, what does the reverse E symbolize? im not sure if the reverse E is every and the upside-down A is any or the other way around...

Screw the ahegao - the formula made my fucking day!!!

I'm only missing an analogy for the C_ute, for the rest I can actually  come up with some names and uses. Now to see if I can make that formula represent something!

Also: Inverse A: for all, reversed E: (there) exists.

N.B. Continuity ftw!

Nope!  Men have progesterone too, (although very little compared to women, and the excess is usually converted to testosterone.)  It's made in both the adrenal gland, and the testes of men.  Progesterone is actually ANTI-FEMINIZING in men, because it gets converted to testosterone.

And that's why men don't "have" progesterone, thank you for adding more details. And once again, it's the reason why feminine behaviour is definitely not normal in men. While women feeling attracted to other woman for some reason is not as hard to believe, if that theory is right.

Not really.  I just wanted to finish this because I really liked the series and the full translation was already posted in the TG manga forums a while ago.  The last typesetter made a post there that she was unable to continue due to work / health / lack of interest.  I kept the credits page style for the sake of continuity.  It's not a real group considering how little communication was involved between people though I did receive the blessing of the last typesetter to continue after I did a few chapters.  This is my first time trying this but I am otherwise pretty good at photoshop.

Thank you then for having a defined goal and sticking to it, many groups bite off more than they can chew and then get intimidated by the work load and other commitments.

one completed series is better than 7 with 3-4 chapters each

Do you guys have any plans for another series?

Not really.  I just wanted to finish this because I really liked the series and the full translation was already posted in the TG manga forums a while ago.  The last typesetter made a post there that she was unable to continue due to work / health / lack of interest.  I kept the credits page style for the sake of continuity.  It's not a real group considering how little communication was involved between people though I did receive the blessing of the last typesetter to continue after I did a few chapters.  This is my first time trying this but I am otherwise pretty good at photoshop.

While not gay, that ahegao face was most definitely not cute. Artist should have studied Mizuryu Kei's art a little.

new name...to the dejected bamboo consumer....personally I think I prefer Tsukino Jyogi's

I kinda wanted the ahegao face to be obviously fake to separate it clearly from the actual artist's work.  I could have done a more realistic depiction but I thought that might take away from the kind of silliness I was going for. 

Anyway, I thought this was one of my better jokes! Being cursed to only be able to make Ahegao faces is a funny concept and I liked how Shiori was confused by the word since it might not be known to the reader.  Her emotional plea to Shuu comes across as unintentionally lewd and that makes him uncomfortable (I subtly added some sweat drops).  Really it was hard to come up with a joke about a chapter devoid of any humor but I'm quite proud of this one.

Do you guys have any plans for another series?

Finally remembered to order the 3rd volume of this in my latest shipment. Probably a good idea as well, because a niche title like this tends to go out of print sooner rather than later.

Where do you order from?

Estrogen is not responsible for female tastes and behaviour, progesterone is, and progesterone is female exclusive. Unless you drink soy milk that is, then you can become "female".

Estrogen develops feminine "looks" all the "external" aspects of the reprodutory system while progesterone develops the "internal" aspects, you know, like internal organs and so on. Hence why someone with a Klinefelter Syndrome(that XXY thingy) can look like a woman but still be a "normal" pervert... sorry, male, who likes butts and boobs, err... girls.

Nope!  Men have progesterone too, (although very little compared to women, and the excess is usually converted to testosterone.)  It's made in both the adrenal gland, and the testes of men.  Progesterone is actually ANTI-FEMINIZING in men, because it gets converted to testosterone.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics